cattygal210

Wolf Pack: Fight for the Xenon Crystal

Rayne had her eyes focused on Artemis. She didn't like this wolf one bit. She would read his thoughts and pick up that he was waiting to tell Storm and the rest of the pack something. She stood there whining with her ears flat and her front paw picked up and just dangling as she wanted to attack the wolf but wouldn't. 

"Thank you," Storm said as she looked to Kiji and wagged her tail as she felt safer with someone else. "Alright, everyone is free to roam within a 2 mile radius of this site. When you're done, meet back here," she called out to the group not caring if they went out in pairs or by themselves. She knew some wanted to hunt for food while others might want to search for water or herbs. Within a 2 mile radius they could still pick up on each other's howls. "Rayne, come along" she ordered. Rayne would run over to Storm and Kiji as they walked off into the forest. 

Quinn listened as she had never considered herself brave before nor ever thought about leading a pack. "I'm sorry.. I just don't think I'm cut out for it. You two have survived out here on your own while all I know is life in a pack that would eat you if they found out you were weak. Between the two of you, you guys can decide but I'm politely declining the offer," she said as she walked away from Solid and Yakuza as she went to find water. 

Slade sighed and kept scaling the mountain. 'Some alpha he is,' he thought to himself as he looked at Dakota. He picked up that she might have the same views about their alpha but kept walking. 

Kim looked over at Eclipse after hearing all that Storm just said and said and asked him, "My offer of you joining me for patrol or hunting still stands if you'd like to go with me or would you rather stay here instead to rest?"

Dakota felt Slade's eyes on her as they made their way up the side of the mountain but ignored them, wondering if he was trying to figure out if she felt the same way he did about Frost.

Edited by SkySong278

((sorry. edited mine to take 'alpha' out))

Kiji lowered his head once they were out of sight of the spirit wolf. "Rayne, go look in that rabbit hole, see if you can scare anything out. " He said pointing with his paw to a hole in the ground and started walking to the other end. Once she was gone he spoke softly to storm.  "I know you don't want to hear this right now alpha, but I think it's best we don't listen to him. He's hiding something... and his eyes unsettle me. They look like jack's... if Jack had a heart. " He looked sad and worried. "And I'm sorry for putting the pack in danger on the mountain. I'm a stupid, good for nothing wolf that always ends up in some sort of trouble. " his ears flattened. "Just like mum said." 

----

Yakuza snorted and narrowed his eyes to the other female before trotting off after Quinn. "A different sort of pack? One with no alpha, but we decide together like elders would do? We each have different strengths. This way, little to no fighting."  He offered.

----

When frost approached the cave he stopped. The pup, the new alpha had made a point in their conversation. They needed the pack numbers and the strength. He set the pup down between his front paws and looked back at the struggling pack, waiting until they were all close enough to hear him. "Avalanche prone path ahead. If you don't want to die being suffocated by the snow follow my path exactly make no loud noises and stay close. I'll make it thick for you hot foot, you may need to be behind me so you don't die."