Sundew

Steam

I don't really know how necessary it is to write an introduction here, but Steam is a big ol PC gaming marketplace, got a lot of games, got a lot of people, got a lot of community mods. Yep.

Posting this because the 2017 summer sale started about 3 hours and 22 minutes ago and I was curious about whether or not anyone had anything they were looking forward to getting. Everything's having a little bit of trouble loading right now, but we have until July 5, so it'll calm down soon enough.

Was hoping that a game I've had my eye on would be released for PC today as part of the sale, but it looks like that might not be happening.

So, share your profiles, talk about new releases, ask for advice on what to get, whatever. I'm derogatorynoun if anyone wants to add me.

I'm on Steam! I had like 19 or so games and several followed, so I switched it from following them to adding them to wishlist and now have 45 so I'm looking forward to many! Thank you so much about the reminder!!!!

I'm demonicvampiregirl on Steam, please send me a PM on here BEFORE you add me so I know who you are!

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Every year the Steam Sales kill my wallet. I have tons of games I still need to play. Nevertheless I'm keeping an eye out for suggestions, though I am taking this time to buy the rest of the Goat Simulator DLC.

In the past I've gotten and played through Ori and the Blind Forest and Bastion, both of which are also on sale right now. They're both beautiful, play well, and have a great soundtrack.

I have Steam as well! I have a variety of games on my Steam Account as dalekraptor if anyone wants to add me.

I think my user name is water_angel1

I've had some serious issues with steam in the past. I don't get to play the games I have on there as often as I want because My laptop does and I now have to use the desktop which is not in a comfortable place.

The only games I have on there right now are stardew valley (amazing game!) civ 5 and roller coaster tycoon. I do own civ 6 but haven't installed it yet. I'm not sure what will happen when I do. I bought the special edition and am afraid that if I install it and put the codes in I won't be able to ever move them to anothe computer

Also a steam user, though I don't really do online or multiplayer games. Username is Dusks Light, though if you try to add me and haven't posted a username in this thread, please PM me here to let me know who you are. Otherwise, not adding, due to having problems with random adds in the past.

Last day of the sale! The port I was hoping for did end up being released, so I got that and am enjoying it more than I expected. The sticker packs have been a lot of fun as well. There's only really one page I liked (the wharf, with Claptrap and Handsome Jack) but I thought the Big Daddy sticker was pretty cool too. Overall glad to be around for the sale. Will spend most of today going through the games I bought and refunding the ones I'm not as interesting in.

Welp, the sale is over, but I think I got a pretty good haul. I bought Bethesda's classic pack (included the quake, fallout, elderscrolls, wolfenstein, and ect. games). I also picked up both portals and both dishonoreds. The biggist game I was looking forward to was Shadow of Mordor, which is amazing in just the 2 hours I have played it. I have put most time into Fable anni, getting close to beating the game.

I have a Steam account that I mainly use when me and my best friend want to play something together - I rarely play by myself really. Since there was the summer sale, we planned to buy Don't Starve Together as the offer was to get an extra copy for free, but my Steam was doing something weird and didn't let me go anywhere except my library. The plan was to buy the game from the summer sale and in this case it definitely was a last minute buy - the friend just ended up quickly using his account for buying instead just a couple of minutes before the sale ended. :D He also bought Portal 2 for us earlier so we'll have things to play. It's going to be great!

59 minutes ago, Forsaken Rider of Dreams said:

Welp, the sale is over, but I think I got a pretty good haul. I bought Bethesda's classic pack (included the quake, fallout, elderscrolls, wolfenstein, and ect. games). I also picked up both portals and both dishonoreds. The biggist game I was looking forward to was Shadow of Mordor, which is amazing in just the 2 hours I have played it. I have put most time into Fable anni, getting close to beating the game.

I ended up getting the Dishonored 1 DLC and Dishonored 2. I enjoyed Dishonored 1 a lot when I played it, but it wasn't something I could sink time into very easily. It never drew me in as much as other games, even though overall I like it quite a bit. Not sure why that is, but probably definitely in part due to the fact that it didn't have borderless windowed mode.. which seems like a small thing, but is quite inconvenient for me and always ends up being way too much of a hindrance. This ended up being a bit of a tangent, but enjoy! I haven't started 2, but Dishonored 1 seems like it has tons of replayability.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition just went on sale again, actually, and I was thinking about getting it. Dunno how I'd like it since 3D third-person games are not really my thing.

6 minutes ago, Cottoncat said:

I have a Steam account that I mainly use when me and my best friend want to play something together - I rarely play by myself really. Since there was the summer sale, we planned to buy Don't Starve Together as the offer was to get an extra copy for free, but my Steam was doing something weird and didn't let me go anywhere except my library. The plan was to buy the game from the summer sale and in this case it definitely was a last minute buy - the friend just ended up quickly using his account for buying instead just a couple of minutes before the sale ended. :D He also bought Portal 2 for us earlier so we'll have things to play. It's going to be great!

Portal 2 co-op is my personal favorite co-op campaign. I really really loved the way it required equal participation from both players in order to complete the puzzles, and it's made me want to try picking up co-op puzzle games again (seems kinda niche, though, so I haven't really looked..). Enjoy it! 

5 minutes ago, Dew said:

I ended up getting the Dishonored 1 DLC and Dishonored 2. I enjoyed Dishonored 1 a lot when I played it, but it wasn't something I could sink time into very easily. It never drew me in as much as other games, even though overall I like it quite a bit. Not sure why that is, but probably definitely in part due to the fact that it didn't have borderless windowed mode.. which seems like a small thing, but is quite inconvenient for me and always ends up being way too much of a hindrance. This ended up being a bit of a tangent, but enjoy! I haven't started 2, but Dishonored 1 seems like it has tons of replayability.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition just went on sale again, actually, and I was thinking about getting it. Dunno how I'd like it since 3D third-person games are not really my thing.

Portal 2 co-op is my personal favorite co-op campaign. I really really loved the way it required equal participation from both players in order to complete the puzzles, and it's made me want to try picking up co-op puzzle games again (seems kinda niche, though, so I haven't really looked..). Enjoy it! 

Shadow of Mordor is an awesome game. It reminds me of a god of war meets assassin creed. The climbing mechanics in SoM blow AC out of the water. And the world is always changing. If you die, certain characters get power boots and some are promoted. Captains who didn't quite die when you first fought them would come back for vengeance. 

2 hours ago, Forsaken Rider of Dreams said:

Shadow of Mordor is an awesome game. It reminds me of a god of war meets assassin creed. The climbing mechanics in SoM blow AC out of the water. And the world is always changing. If you die, certain characters get power boots and some are promoted. Captains who didn't quite die when you first fought them would come back for vengeance. 

Sounds pretty cool! I checked and the game is actually free for the weekend, so I'll definitely give it a shot.

3 hours ago, Dew said:

I'm really looking forward to playing it as I've heard a lot of good things about it! Equal participation like that sounds so neat, I'll very likely enjoy it thanks. ^_^ Now if only my Steam would like to work well enough to move the gift games to my library! It's strangely stuck on the loading screen.

I've been playing deformers since the free weekend happened for it. I've been finding it really fun. I got Stardew Valley yesterday, and I've been playing it for a few hours, and I'm already loving it! i found the map, so maybe I won't spend like 10 minutes trying to find a store. I accidentally skipped something, though. I might make another game and just play through it as fast as I can to try to get to that point to see what it was. 

My husband and I are on steam. My husband is a twitch gamer with the usergame Mikesbadatgame and I use the name eluingentry. He has been playing Dark Souls on his stream but yesterday someone gave him a copy of Salt and Sanctuary. I'm really looking forward to giving it a try as soon as we can figure out how to link our accounts so I'll have access to his games. The other game I had from Steam was Child of Light. I never finished it because all the rhyming drove me nuts. I really don't like it when they write things in rhyme. 

I finally got around to buying myself some games during the steam sale; I ended up buying both the Portal games, Dead Cells, Stardew Valley (I have like 50 hours logged now I love it), and a throwback in the form of Age of Mythology. That game has so many bugs though, I would regret buying/downloading it but it's so much fun!

On 7/12/2017 at 11:41 PM, ubbydubby said:

I finally got around to buying myself some games during the steam sale; I ended up buying both the Portal games, Dead Cells, Stardew Valley (I have like 50 hours logged now I love it), and a throwback in the form of Age of Mythology. That game has so many bugs though, I would regret buying/downloading it but it's so much fun!

I have 90 hours into stardew valley! Love that game as well! It's like harvest moon, which I've been a fan of since the PS1, but has so much more. I do have Age of mythology but never really got into it. I find it kind of difficult to defend myself. For the steam sale i bought the steam link, Assassin's Creed III and IV, and civilization III and Spy fox some assembly required as my throwback games.

7 hours ago, water_angel said:

I have 90 hours into stardew valley! Love that game as well! It's like harvest moon, which I've been a fan of since the PS1, but has so much more.

Yeah! I've spent WAY too much time playing Harvest Moon DS, so much so that the game cartridge actually started freezing so I've been unable to play for a while now. It's also similar to rune factory which I rather enjoyed too so I'm definitely in my element with Stardew.

@Dew

I still gotta pick up Danganronpa 1 & 2. A friend of mine was streaming them while she played and I absolutely loved them. The game series is really interesting.

I wound up getting about 6 games during the sale.

Banished, ClusterTruck, Divinity II: Developer's Cut, Primal Carnage, QuakeLive, and Stranded Deep.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I had steam account from few years ago, but I didn't actually use it. All of my activity was "interest" in GTA V, which I have in package.

I revisited that account recently, and just had been preordered Sonic Mania, which will be release in next week.

Out of curiosity has anyone played Planet Coaster? I was a big fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon and this game looks to be awesome, but I'm hesitant to spend that much money on it.

The steam award nominations for 2022 are available now. I nominated Stray for GOTY because kitty cat

There are so many games on Steam that I love playing. Phasmophobia, Subsistence, Core Keeper, Stray, 7 Days to Die, The list goes on!

I have wasted so much money on nice-looking games I've never even installed... I'm not allowing that to happen again.

Anyway. I'm currently playing DOOM Eternal, a game I have owned for more than a year, but only now am capable of playing, thanks to my new GPU. Great game so far, highly recommend it.

They said they will drop support for Windows 7 in approx. 200 days. I actually don't care about that but I want to hide that annoying countdown -