angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Make different mates distinct in progeny list

Mine hasn't changed yet, but I know in the original progeny layout, mates were sorted by code. Ie if you bred a dragon with (00001), (AAAAA), and (ZZZZZ), they would appear in that order, regardless of who was first or last bred.

Pfft - I'd rather they were sorted - some other way - recent-ness would be good. I have NO idea of the codes - everything I own is named.

I don't like the new changes at all. I never got a chance to say it before the forums went down :C 

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Overall I'm fine with the current layout. However, I dislike the differences in row height here:

2SWqY2B.png

I think it'd be easier to see at a glance if every row was the same height--too much space in between the name and "View more", IMO. 

Edited by Dew

I prefer how it was before the new update. To me, it was smoother and easier to look at 🤔

16 hours ago, Dew said:

Overall I'm fine with the current layout. However, I dislike the differences in row height here:

I think it'd be easier to see at a glance if every row was the same height--too much space in between the name and "View more", IMO. 

Agreed. I'm happy with the latest layout but if the rows sizes were all equal it would look nicer.

I like the newest version.  The grid view compacts long lists so dragons with many offspring don't have a super long page, and they're organized by mate.  It looks like TJ took many of the suggestions from this thread to make a new version that still matches the ways that people use the progeny page.

No complaints from me since the main issue for separating mates has been resolved. Still, in terms of aesthetics, the listing style appears rather messy. If everything were aligned within a single column it would be easier on the eyes. I don't mind if things stay the way they are now - but I'd prefer the layout to be different.

Love, love, love the horizontal expansion of progeny. ( o_o)-b
I will say I preferred it when children were vertical so that I could horizontally expand grandchildren rather than having to click through seven "see mores" (for when I'm looking for the latest gen in a lineage I'm building), but pages like this one are easier to scroll through now. I'd be happy with a medium where one "see more" could be expanded without going to a new page, but I'll get used to it either way. xP

OH YAY. DO like. Thank you TJ; now I can live with it ! (What fun to see how MANY children that pair had at a glance. I had no idea they LURVED each other so much !!!)

HOLY CRAP, sock ... !!!

Edited by fuzzbucket

Much nicer, although like others I'd prefer to see evenly spaced rows :) would also be nice if the mate's names were center set and bolded.

I am liking the newest version of the progeny page much better. It isn't perfect, but I can accept this. It does seem that TJ is listening to the feedback.

I wanted to add thanks to the change - with this version is much easier to keep track of the "the things I want to keep track of"