TJ09

2017-06-13 - Important Forum Notice

Thanks. I sure woul love the green skin - I love it, it's so soothing on my eyes.

LastPass is wonderful highly recommend it to anyone and thank you TJ for letting us know.

Seconded. This prompted me to finally set mine up and change *all* my passwords (most have been in use for years... oops. unsure.gif ) Definitely recommend it!

I was considering lastpass, but it too has major security issues - though he company has acknowledged them and is working in it all

source

so I - have my own system ninja.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

You definitely could, if you are worried about somebody giving out your email, but your email's security itself shouldn't have been compromised if you used separate password. The most I can see happening is that you get some spam emails that either your email catches and filters or you mark as spam yourself. But if you're worried about someone getting back into your account with your email, they can try to reset your password as much as they want, but without access to your email account, they won't be able to change your password or get into your account. If you do start getting spam or 'change your password' emails, then a change of email definitely sounds like a smart idea. But I don't think the security of your email account should be compromised just by someone knowing your email. ^^

Ok, thank you. No spam so far...

Thanks for the update, it's greatly appreciated! :>

I take it this potentially affects all those with a forum account, regardless of frequency of posting?

Thanks for all the work you do on this TJ. It's a game, and not a particularly challenging one, but it's fun and it gives me a distraction from Life. Thank you.

Thank you for letting us know TJ, not to mention your constant work on this wonderful site!

So, is it safe to visit the forum now?

(Forgive me, I'm a professional anxiety freak! unsure.gif )

Just changed my password here. Thanks for the head's up! Hopefully nobody was effected too badly by this before it was plugged.

HONESTLY keeping a paper directory of all your passwords is the safest thing to do, I wouldn't rely on sites like 1Password, etc.

All my passwords are different for all websites (thanks to the paper directory, i'd never be able to remember them all otherwise), so i changed my forum password and now i'm good to go again, woo! Thank you, TJ

Oh my gosh- thanks for letting us know! I'll be sure to change my password quick! ohmy.gif

HONESTLY keeping a paper directory of all your passwords is the safest thing to do, I wouldn't rely on sites like 1Password, etc.

All my passwords are different for all websites (thanks to the paper directory, i'd never be able to remember them all otherwise), so i changed my forum password and now i'm good to go again, woo! Thank you, TJ

The problem with having a paper directory is that anyone could find it and read it... mellow.gif

I take it this potentially affects all those with a forum account, regardless of frequency of posting?

Yes, no matter your posting level, you should change your password. ^^

The problem with having a paper directory is that anyone could find it and read it... mellow.gif

I cant stop laughing at your anyone, I've got this image of you just letting people walk in to your home as they please

I don't know about you but I don't let just anyone in to my personal space and my notes on my passwords are set up for me to understand, no one has ever liked trying to read my notes (my teachers hated me, my notes and my handwriting)

Mine are on paper. But no-one would ever figure out that that is what that list is. laugh.gif Disguise is easy.

Saw this a little late thanks to work, but just changed my password. Thanks for the head's up TJ.

Thanks TJ. Password changed. And thanks for all the time and effort you put into this site. I don't say it often enough, but it is so appreciated.

I have changed all my passwords for now. That being send, it makes me incredibly peeved to know we're running on 14 years old SW (despite constant maintenance). I knew it was old, but that is a lot. The software update should happen soonest, good call from TJ's side to re-prioritize it. Hope to see it live soon. I don't care if it gives me challenges getting used to, it's not worth the security risk to run on old SW. Thanks TJ for your proactive support on this matter.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Ditto

Done and done...