TJ09

2017-06-13 - Important Forum Notice

There, changed my password after over 8 years. Now watch me trying to log in with the old one tomorrow with my sleepy head xd.png

There, changed my password after over 8 years. Now watch me trying to log in with the old one tomorrow with my sleepy head xd.png

...same. I can't believe how lax I've been over the years about security. sad.gif Last month I finally updated both my forum and scroll with a current email so at least if I forget my password, it's ok.

I hope we can keep the blue skin. I've been using it since my first winter on DC.

Thanks for the warning. Was about time to change my password...

Oh god yes - we MUST have a vanilla skin of some kind...

I changed my password, but how long has this issue been around? Shouldn't we also change our email addresses?

Shouldn't we also change our email addresses?

You definitely could, if you are worried about somebody giving out your email, but your email's security itself shouldn't have been compromised if you used separate password. The most I can see happening is that you get some spam emails that either your email catches and filters or you mark as spam yourself. But if you're worried about someone getting back into your account with your email, they can try to reset your password as much as they want, but without access to your email account, they won't be able to change your password or get into your account. If you do start getting spam or 'change your password' emails, then a change of email definitely sounds like a smart idea. But I don't think the security of your email account should be compromised just by someone knowing your email. ^^

Looking forward to the much-needed upgrade. There's many features in the new software I prefer. Aesthetically, I like these less-futuristic looking boards, but I'll take features over good looks any day. xd.png

I have a designated email for games and their forums. That way if it gets compromised no harm will come of it.

Me too. Just as I have a credit card I only use on line for sites I'm not sure about, so if something goes pearshaped I can just close it down.

Password changed. Hopefully I will remember the new one. Lol.

I started using Enpass for managing passwords for a while now and really like it. Although I've changed the password for this site somewhat recently, I won't mind giving it another poke since it was one that I made and not one of the safer auto-generated passwords that the program offers.

I wish that darn Purple would remember which dragon I selected and not load the whole freaking list again every time I enter the wrong password. dry.gif

The upgrade is for the forums, not the cave. If you have any suggestions, bug reports, or concerns about the cave, you should post those in their own thread. ^^;;

Well no, dear Sock, the recommendation was to change both passwords if you use the same on both site and forums, which I did, thank you.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

When I try to change my PW, it says its wrong...

But it has been saved in my Browser, so it can't be wrong.

Will try to reset it. Hope the Mail arrives.

EDIT: It worked now : )

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Thanks TJ for the heads up as well as your due diligence in keeping this wonderful site safe.

PW changed biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting us know, TJ! I've spread the word around to other sites where folks talk abt playing DC.

Thanks for the heads up TJ, and for keeping this site safe

Edited by DoodleNoodle14

Thanks for your efforts on the upgrades and notifying us of safety issues. Point well taken on the password.

Thank you! Changing password and looking forward to the update.

Thanks for the heads up TJ, and for keeping this site safe

Says everything I was going to say <3