Moonlight_Eevee

ANSWERED:Groups: Multi-Add Dragons

So, I'm suggesting this to mass add dragons to a group. One of my groups is for Steam Game Names

The problem? It has exactly 600 dragons, yet I had to go in on at a time where I had to go and add each individual one. Took me hours to complete and I figured what harm there is in suggestion to mass add dragons to a certain group.

Please!

I have groups that I would like to make, but they would be very time consuming with the current options. For instance, my Z-code dragons. I have over 1000 of them which would have to be added one at a time. They are not all one breed and I have no breed that I own only Z-codes, so adding by breed doesn't help. Most of them are not related to one another, so adding by lineage would help only minimally.

If we could just do a CTRL/click and mark multiple dragons at a time that way, it would make the whole thing so much simpler! Or some other method of selecting multiple dragons from the list at once instead of tediously adding them one at a time.

Agreed. I think a drag and drop system, similar to Alternate Custom Sort, but with the screen being devided into two sections (not part of the group vs. part of the group) would be ideal - especially if we could sort our dragons by various options, just like with alternate custom sort. (Sort by name would be fine for the example given, as codes are sorted first, then actual names - it would be pretty easy to find all Z-code dragons this way, there're only two sections - named and unnamed Z-codes - to look for them.)

Sounds good?

I use alternate custom sort, so I would be comfortable with that. You are right that it would work well in the instance I mentioned. I'm not sure it would work as well in other cases. I think I would prefer something like the breeding list where I could actually examine each dragon to look at its lineage, because often that is what dragons will be grouped by -- holiday-kins for example or prize-kins. In alt custom sort you can't do that.

Well, for me, I think little check marks would help out in adding to the groups. I'm an active mobile user and using custom sort is a bit of a hassle to do, alternate custom sort might be easier, but still not easy to do, and then legacy custom would be a pain to go through having to memorise all the numbers of each dragon.

When you're editing the group and you can add a dragon to it, you can easily touch the dragon and then touch another for mass adding

Alt custom sort doesn't work on mobile. Trust me, I know this sad.gif

I wasn't aware of that. So, leetle tiles with check marks sound great. (Including a feature to put them into any kind of order, like you can with sorts...)

Little check marks would be fine. As long as we can check off as many as we want at one time!

Checkboxes would be great. Would also help avoid accidentally un-selecting everything if you spam/accidentally-click without holding shift/command.

I'd really like mass-adding by choice (rather than bulk option for breed/lineage) for code-based groups as well as groups with 2nd gens and other lineage bases that I haven't bred yet because I have a hard time keeping track of them.

That sounds exactly like the option that i need to build and fill all the groups which i still need.

I really like the checkbox suggestion with the we can check as many boxes as we like option here.

Yes please. I was excited for the groups feature at first but I have over 2500 dragons, and going through my scroll to add one at a time was just so inefficient I didn't even bother :/ I was really surprised that you couldn't even multiselect at the creation of a new group.

Adding dragons is incredibly slow, even for someone who is only at bronze. Making this (check box) change would be very helpful.

Edited by irrelevantindigo

I'm still waiting for this. Wondering if the current set-up doesn't allow for control/shift+clicking to select multiple dragons. D|

Well, I'm a mobile user and having to add each one individually is a drag.

I would like this ability too or maybe a customized way of adding multiple dragons like saying I want all the children of X dragon or all cave born dragons or all the dragons I got in the year 2009?

4 hours ago, gabriel said:

I would like this ability too or maybe a customized way of adding multiple dragons like saying I want all the children of X dragon or all cave born dragons or all the dragons I got in the year 2009?

So, my original suggestion is for coded dragons. I know Z Code lovers would love to multi-add their Z Coded Dragons to their group instead of having to do it one at a time. I feel like what you're suggesting belongs in a different thread

On 8/3/2017 at 2:04 PM, Dalek Raptor said:

So, my original suggestion is for coded dragons. I know Z Code lovers would love to multi-add their Z Coded Dragons to their group instead of having to do it one at a time. I feel like what you're suggesting belongs in a different thread

Oops I was confused my bad. Thanks for letting me know.

Will the list only show dragons that are not in the group yet?

On 8/7/2017 at 2:55 AM, Confused Cat said:

Will the list only show dragons that are not in the group yet?

Not yet, but soon.

Beyond that, multi-adding should be available to everyone, so I'm going to close this.