Pixxelation

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

@Miral no, I've never completed a pokedex in any game. By beaten I mean got all the gym badges and defeated the elite four.

For whatever reason I have trouble grasping what to use for "good competitive teams" I'm one of those players who uses pokemon I like so I never really gave that much thought.

sorry about your ds lite, there's no other way to trade the pokemon off of heart gold? My fire emblem 3ds is starting to show its age. It gets slower everytime I use it. I do have the pokemon 3ds that I might transfer to, but i'd have to figure out how to "back up" the system.

14 hours ago, water_angel said:

@Lightstorm12000 thanks for the info. I can get them but I just don't want to lol. I haven't beaten a pokemon game since the original ruby and sapphire.

I do agree with Miral though, the recent trailer looks interesting.

You're quite welcome.  I'm glad that I could help.

On 8/14/2017 at 7:49 AM, Switch said:

i didnt really appreciate ash greninja just because of how asinine the concept was but shonen protagonists absolutely be like that. dusk lycanroc kinda disappoints me more than anything, i guess. i'd love to actually know something about this game besides the fact that it has a cheeto dog.

but for the love of god if i dont get my north american hat pikachu soon i will perish

I hated ash geninja because it basically meant that the plot and timeline of both games and the anime coincide with each other. Or else they wouldn't have specified it as Ash's Greninja.. Everyone used to think that they were two alternate realities or in the past or future. Basically it means that Ash, Gary, Red, and Blue all fought various gyms and people within a few weeks or even days of each other.

For example, they all had to fight the Rocket boss's gym within a day or hours of each other with the mewtwo stuff.

It's certainly not surprising, the move to Switch. The promise of main series Pokémon games in HD might actually force me to use my TV for something. (Bought a Wii when they were new, but got bored because of the lack of portability. I've never been one for home console gaming, anyway.)

Does this mean we can have D/P remakes nao?

It is upsetting to me  that I have to go and buy yet another console if I want to continue playing the Pokémon games, although I do like the idea of playing a mainline Pokémon game on the tv. This kind of feels like the 3ds will be no more by next year. I do think there will be a sinnoh remake for the switch there was a pattern with all the other remakes.

I used to love console games and pc games but lately I've turned away from them myself. It's just too hard to sit down and properly play a video game anymore. Real life takes away the magic part of the immersion.

oh man im so relieved about the switch. im so glad pokemon is moving to a console so it can take advantage of all that extra power. i hope we get a botw tier pokemon game just in terms of innovation sometime.

also you can pet overworld pokemon in USUM. game of the year.

Is there any official confirmation that's going over to switch?

If it did go to the Switch, at least it would give me more of an incentive to buy a Switch. At least, more than they did with the Wii U which literally only had one game of interest to me (Fatal Frame 5), and they went and ruined even that by making it a buy-chapter-by-chapter-which-takes-ALL-the-memory-on-the-bigger-memory-consoles.

Why yes, I AM still salty about that. Why do you ask?

1 hour ago, SheridanCharon said:

Is there any official confirmation that's going over to switch?

If it did go to the Switch, at least it would give me more of an incentive to buy a Switch. At least, more than they did with the Wii U which literally only had one game of interest to me (Fatal Frame 5), and they went and ruined even that by making it a buy-chapter-by-chapter-which-takes-ALL-the-memory-on-the-bigger-memory-consoles.

Why yes, I AM still salty about that. Why do you ask?

Yeah.  The Pokemon Company president announced that Game Freak was working on a main series Pokemon game for the Switch back at E3.  Many people think that it was in reaction to the immediate hate the USUM reveal got from a lot of people who wanted a Pokemon game on Switch right away (or D/P remakes).

1 hour ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

Many people think that it was in reaction to the immediate hate the USUM reveal got from a lot of people who wanted a Pokemon game on Switch right away (or D/P remakes).

This is why I hate the fandom sometimes. Never satisfied.

19 hours ago, SheridanCharon said:

This is why I hate the fandom sometimes. Never satisfied.

Yeah.  The sense of entitlement gets to be a bit strong at times.  It was too soon for them to jump to another gaming platform, and just because we've had remakes of the first three gens, doesn't mean we're going to get Gen 4 remakes, and honestly, we shouldn't expect them.  If they're made, they get made.  If not, then they're focusing on the future of the main series games.

got my Shiny Silvally today!

when I went in to pay some money on my Ultra S&M pre-orders, they didn't have the cards yet, so they printed 2 codes out for me and my sister.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:57 AM, Lightstorm12000 said:

Yeah.  The sense of entitlement gets to be a bit strong at times.  It was too soon for them to jump to another gaming platform, and just because we've had remakes of the first three gens, doesn't mean we're going to get Gen 4 remakes, and honestly, we shouldn't expect them.  If they're made, they get made.  If not, then they're focusing on the future of the main series games.

Wow, judgemental much? I hope this isn't referring to me.

It isn't about a sense of entitlement. For me, the Switch issue is about simple logic and capitalism. Technology is constantly moving forward, and if Switch is where the future of the franchise is, so be it. I understand the ire of those who can't afford a new console, but if you recall, the DS era (Gen IV - V) also lasted two generations. This sort of thing is to be expected.

Per deductive reasoning (which is alarmingly simple and more people should try it), I strongly suspect there will be more remakes of past games in the near future. And most importantly, Diamond and Pearl got me into Pokémon. A return to Sinnoh would be beyond special for someone like me.

It is imperative that one try to look at an issue from as many points of view and as objectively as possible. Judging an entire group of people based on your preconceptions about their opinions and their reasons for having them is illogical.

I ran by EB today and saw they had the code cards in, so I grabbed two extras when getting my niece and nephew's codes

they're Australian codes if that effects anything

E742MJEX5L79K7P6

E742MHD4N55PRC5

7 hours ago, Miral said:

Wow, judgemental much? I hope this isn't referring to me.

It isn't about a sense of entitlement. For me, the Switch issue is about simple logic and capitalism. Technology is constantly moving forward, and if Switch is where the future of the franchise is, so be it. I understand the ire of those who can't afford a new console, but if you recall, the DS era (Gen IV - V) also lasted two generations. This sort of thing is to be expected.

Per deductive reasoning (which is alarmingly simple and more people should try it), I strongly suspect there will be more remakes of past games in the near future. And most importantly, Diamond and Pearl got me into Pokémon. A return to Sinnoh would be beyond special for someone like me.

It is imperative that one try to look at an issue from as many points of view and as objectively as possible. Judging an entire group of people based on your preconceptions about their opinions and their reasons for having them is illogical.

I don't know if I was referring to you exactly, just about those who were completely outraged that it wasn't what they wanted or expected, rather than even trying to give the games a chance.  I'm sorry if I offended you with my comment, but the fact remains that the tone of what people were saying -did- upset the officials at The Pokemon Company and Game Freak.

Furthermore, you brought up the DS generations.  Did you know that the DS had been out for -two- years by the time Diamond and Peal had come out.  By your logic, Game Freak should've jumped ship and released Emerald on the DS instead of the GBA with Ruby and Sapphire.  Game Freak is known for waiting a year or two after the release of a new handheld before releasing new games on it, and has never switched platforms mid-generation.  Also, they did wait two generations before releasing OR and AS, the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, who's to say that they weren't doing the same here so they can release the remakes on the Switch?.  If D/P remakes had been the next games announced instead of USUM, they would still be on the 3DS, not the Switch.  And the 3DS -did- have two generations on it.  The sixth generation (X,Y, OR and AS), and the seventh (Sun, Moon and now US and UM).

Finally, I do look at things from all sides, which, again, is why I'm sorry for offending you.  But you also have to look at the history of Game Freak as a company.  The way that they've done things in the past has worked out for them before, so it's unlikely that they'll just stop doing it that way.  Honestly, though I started playing in the first gen, I'm no genwunner, so I'd love to see remakes for D/P too, and I'm -very- much looking forward to the Pokemon game for Switch (I even have a Switch already).  I'm just taking things as they come and judging them on their own merits rather than judging them instantly because they're not what I wanted or expected.

So how long has Team Rainbow Rocket been a thing?

I think it's pretty hilarious though.

Maybe Silvers gay and Giovanni wanted to show his support.

WHAT oh my god archie is his original design again?! WHY? WHAT? WHAT? NO? WAIT

nintendo. this is NOT my beautiful husband. nintendo. you CANT bring my husband back looking like THAT. i missed archie so much and you do me like this nintendo. this is literally the nightmare scenario. i've been bedeviled.

preorder cancelled 0/10 worst game of the year good bye everyone

Edited by Switch

2 hours ago, Switch said:

WHAT oh my god archie is his original design again?! WHY? WHAT? WHAT? NO? WAIT

nintendo. this is NOT my beautiful husband. nintendo. you CANT bring my husband back looking like THAT. i missed archie so much and you do me like this nintendo. this is literally the nightmare scenario. i've been bedeviled.

preorder cancelled 0/10 worst game of the year good bye everyone

You're disappointed? Look what they did to Maxie :( At least Archie is still relative cool-looking as his old self, though his AsOr outfit looked way better. Max just does not look at all like his RS sprites made him seem. I mean, I can see WHY they'd be in their other outfits (the whole ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS bull), but they still look....bad. Urgh, Imma go replay OR for a bit.

The only good thing this gives me is seeing the other bosses (Giovanni, Cyrus, Ghetsis...) in 3D form. Other than that, what's the point of them being there? And "Team Rainbow Rocket"? REALLY?

Also - Why do we get Totem Pokemon now? And why does Nintendo feel the need to put every single legend in the games? Are they trying to make Pokebox even more redundant than it already is?

On 26/10/2017 at 6:56 AM, InugamiZERO said:

I ran by EB today and saw they had the code cards in, so I grabbed two extras when getting my niece and nephew's codes

they're Australian codes if that effects anything

E742MJEX5L79K7P6

E742MHD4N55PRC5

Awesome thanks, I'm in England and the code worked fine for me. :D 

James is the new executive of design for team rocket, hence the rainbow :3

Also fun fact Switch in the manga Archie kills maxie and then dies himself!

I like the idea of getting the totem pokemon it seemed strange that you could catch legendaries but not the biggest baddest of a particular breed.

1 hour ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Also fun fact Switch in the manga Archie kills maxie and then dies himself!

I keep forgetting the mangas could be dark as all get out. Especially the old ones - I don't remember which in particular, I just remember them being in Lavender Tower with zombie pokemon and an arbok getting cut in half. (I think it was the one where several of the gym leaders were part of team rocket or something).

Yeah that was the first manga, Red, Blue, Green. Archie kills maxie in Emerald (a fair bit later).

The story was so good in them, I wish it got animated.

Ive avoided all trilaers for US/UM so when I said heck with it and watched this newest one I am so lost. Rainbow rocket? And in what universe did Goivanni actually TAME Mewtwo? Im curious and excited, but Im also scratching my head.

Raikou as a Sun version exclusive and Entei in Moon? Did I read that right? lolwut

In any event, I'm officially aboard the hype train.

Edited by Miral