Pixxelation

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

15 hours ago, SheridanCharon said:

@Switch

I'm getting my pokebank back up and running today, so I'm gonna be restarting my games and seeing if I can grab more than one. If I can do so, I'll keep a spare one of each to the side for you.

oh man that'd be so great. if it becomes annoying to get that many or if they're restricted in some way you don't have to worry about it but i super appreciate it.

the new poster is making me cautiously optimistic that maybe there's really cool new stuff that isnt gimmicks that game freak is just hiding from us...

I feel like they had killed Sun and Moon too fast for this. The release data is November 17, technically speaking it has not been a year since Sun and Moon was released making it 364 days older.

I'm hoping they would add like 100 new pokemon on this version, that 302 requirements to complete the pokedex was boring. Also hoping that they give an additional fee to pokebank  if one wants to have more space... because I am seriously only getting a few 

Edited by kryztyn127

I wish Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had introduced a combination legendary pokemon (like an Eclipse-themed one). Or other innovative features. There isn't anything enticing enough to make me want to buy it. Or maybe an addition of an entire new region or something of the like would have been cool, or to bridge Alola with one of the older regions.

i got my hoenn cap pikachu and im delighted but please i just want to name him. i feel like the proud parent of a baby boy but im legally not allowed to name him and i just have to call him "baby." its like getting a new dog or cat but you can only name it "dog" or "cat." game freak you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by Switch

14 hours ago, Switch said:

i got my hoenn cap pikachu and im delighted but please i just want to name him. i feel like the proud parent of a baby boy but im legally not allowed to name him and i just have to call him "baby." its like getting a new dog or cat but you can only name it "dog" or "cat." game freak you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Its cos majority of the event pokemon they give either has its own original trainer and id number or you can name it like the early gift munchlax. 

10 hours ago, Switch said:

yeah the munchlax was a godsend i dont understand why they dont just do that for every event pokemon

I think part of it is proving its legitimacy? A lot of hackers change the name when they hack the event Pokemon in, so if it still has the original name, it's more likely to be real?

IDK, tbh.

Yeah, that's why I liked the Pokebank Celebi, that's the only legitimate way to have a nicknamed Celebi...

10 hours ago, SheridanCharon said:

I think part of it is proving its legitimacy? A lot of hackers change the name when they hack the event Pokemon in, so if it still has the original name, it's more likely to be real?

IDK, tbh.

Actually ,  a hacker can "generate: an event pokemon. Thats why whenever you go to trade boards and see for proof be it video or photo, they will show you the redeeming process in the video or the photo of them redeeming it. 

A new trailer has been released. I can read Japanese so I don't know the full detail in it, but it does reveal a few things, including what could be classed as a ruddy great big spoiler. Not sure if I should spoiler these or not.

• For half the trailer it's just showing the start of the game and a 3D Necrozma image. But the spoiler is that it shows what looks like most of the Necrozma vs Lunala/Solgaleo fight :/
  • New characters from the poster, they do indeed look like they are wearing armour. No idea what they say, but it's apparently important.
  • Aether Foundation looks more edgy, guessing the new guys take control of it. Also, new area which looks like the vs Necrozma area. L
  • ooks like UBs are more important to the plot, as it shows Xurkitree in the area above, either attacking or powering something, and Guzzlord appearing in front of Nanu. Not sure how I feel about this, since hunting the UBs was what gave us the post-game content, so how will that change now? Will that still be the case or will we get something entirely different, if anything at all? Y
  • ou can ride Solgaleo and Lunala! But it looks like it's in the wormholes, so pretty much a redundant addition.

That's about it.

Edit: Okay, there's ANOTHER trailer, this time in English. 

So, it's not Aether Foundation that looks edgy, it's an entirely new world. We're getting to explore Ultra Space! 

Also, new guys revealed to be the Ultra Space Recon  team, who seem to come from Ultra Space, specifically a world where Necrozma stole all light (uh, huge spoiler?). Also, seems like we get version exclusive characters from them, too. 

Finally, another new USB, Adhesive. I don't know what to make of this thing. 

Edited by SheridanCharon

So I thought I had today to get the sinnoh pikachu since I didn't see the event until too late to get the horn one. I was wrong and am now stuck with the únova one.

would anyone happen to have a hoenn or sinnoh hat they could trade?

...So I just found out I'm getting both for free. /flops on floor

Anyone need an Unova, Kalos, or Alola hat Pikachu? I've yet to redeem my second one from Mystery Gift, and I'm willing to trade whichever you need for a Sinnoh hat. (I got, er, sidetracked, and neglected to pick it up. I blame the bookshops.) My Indigo hat is NFT, so please don't ask.

Any US players get their hands on Marshadow yet? I redeemed my code yesterday because i wanted one on Friday the 13th.

Got the Marshadow codes yesterday, but I won't redeem them until I've carefully planned out a nature, a spread, and a strategy, even if I can only use them in free battle and the main game. (Plus I was thinking about waiting until Halloween proper, even though the date will cease to matter once Gen VIII rolls around.) Would definitely make the first E4 bout easier; might bank 'em over when the time comes.

I believe it's available as a limited time download once the games launch.  But it lasts for a few months, so there's time to get it if you can't get the game right away.

In case this applies to you: Shiny Silvally distribution.

If your Ultra Sun or Moon team is still undecided, this 'mon is a huge help during first-time playthroughs. Makes the E4 a breeze.

Just seen this the new trailer for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. it good.

Edited by Remy400

6 hours ago, Miral said:

In case this applies to you: Shiny Silvally distribution.

If your Ultra Sun or Moon team is still undecided, this 'mon is a huge help during first-time playthroughs. Makes the E4 a breeze.

I'm assuming these will be available at GameStop?

27 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I'm assuming these will be available at GameStop?

GameStop and EB Games from October 23 - November 13, as per the article. Same method as Marshadow.

Excellent. I'll definitely picking up a few. Thanks!

@Lightstorm12000 thanks for the info. I can get them but I just don't want to lol. I haven't beaten a pokemon game since the original ruby and sapphire.

I do agree with Miral though, the recent trailer looks interesting.

3 hours ago, water_angel said:

I haven't beaten a pokemon game since the original ruby and sapphire.

Huh. By beaten, do you mean dex completion? I never bothered with that until Gen V made it painfully easy, so much so that I could no longer use my laziness as an excuse, lmao. Charm odds make it sooooo much simpler to build an amazing team of kickass shinies. The only ones I got before the odds improved were the events. (I'm still in mourning for my DS Lite, which finally crapped out last year. Two of my Shiny Dog trio and my first Celebi are still trapped on HeartGold. XD)

Edited by Miral