Pixxelation

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

god the fact that the trailer doesnt mention walking has me thinking it's gonna either not be a feature and just that rockruff or it's gonna be like dpp

the fact that the trailer doesnt have any other selling points that reinforce my decision to preorder ultra sun also has me big fear. the new trailer about the new z-moves really made me realize nintendo couldnt make me care about z-moves anymore if they tried.

Edited by Switch

7 hours ago, Switch said:

god the fact that the trailer doesnt mention walking has me thinking it's gonna either not be a feature and just that rockruff or it's gonna be like dpp

the fact that the trailer doesnt have any other selling points that reinforce my decision to preorder ultra sun also has me big fear. the new trailer about the new z-moves really made me realize nintendo couldnt make me care about z-moves anymore if they tried.

God, I hope it isn't like DPPt again, that would be a huge step back. And that it's not just for "cute" pokemon like Rockruff and Pikachu. I miss walking around with my living embodiment of nightmares. And I can kinda understand them not wanting to reveal too much in such a short trailer, but at the same time, the release isn't that far away and they are really underselling the games atm.

Also, yeah, the idea of having new z-moves for specific lines....meh. It worked for the starters because....they are the starters, the Pokemon you are meant to have the strongest bond with. But any other pokemon, even legends, and it starts to lose the effect.

Edited by SheridanCharon

On 19-8-2017 at 2:30 PM, Switch said:

sometimes i wish they would go back to the old stuff and stop adding new weird things

2 hours ago, LukaD12 said:

sometimes i wish they would go back to the old stuff and stop adding new weird things

I second this thought. I miss the simplicity Pokemon games used to have. Maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic but I really am tired of all these ~extravagant~ new features.

Edited by andromedae

55 minutes ago, andromedae said:

I second this thought. I miss the simplicity Pokemon games used to have. Maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic but I really am tired of all these ~extravagant~ new features.

I like how theyre remaking a couple, but a new one with the current technology as simplistic as the older ones would be fantastic

i dont really find z-moves that extravagant or complicated. that's part of the reason i just cant bring myself to care about them that much. they just feel like guaranteed critical hits with super long animations you cant even skip.

but i dont really have issue with pokemon other than the starters getting unique z moves. i mean marshadow and mew and even pikachu and eevee had them on release, so it's not really a surprise they added more. this does kinda feel like a desperate attempt to make kommo-o relevant but with his x4 fairy type weakness he was doomed at conception.

I hope we see some new Pokemon/Evolution soon... :c

I still want a dragon Eeveelution haha ;w;

@Kiisekii

Likewise. I've heard some rumours we might be getting some new Alolan forms, but have any 3rd game in a set given us completely new Pokemon in the past? No. We got new forms for existing Pokemon, but no completely new Pokemon.

I'd like a Dragon Eeveelution to be Sylveon's opposite, but I'd prefer a poison or a steel so that it can beat Sylveon.

It's official. Necrozma is a repeat of Kyurem, absorbing Solgaleo and Lusaka. Am disappoint.

i liked kyurem but having to fuse and separate two pokemon a bunch and have to re-obtain the key item every game to even do that again in the first place got old. and it was only kinda neat then because it hadn't been done before. so i cant exactly say im looking forward to kyurem 2: low-poly boogaloo

honestly the more i find out about USM the less i feel like it's actually a real game thats coming out

Actually, I thought that at first, but it seems to me it might be more like it's a mirror or reflection of them, instead of outright merging with them. Kinda like a legendary ditto, which is why the Solgaleo and Lunala parts of it look strange - they're manifestations made of light, which makes sense considering Necrozma is based on a prism.

Nevermind, I hadn't read the latest info (that or Serebii changed it from last time I read it). For ****'s sake, Nintendo, this is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by SheridanCharon

Looking at the trailer from the Direct, it looks a bit different than I thought--Necrozma seems to be almost consuming them more than combining with them. Although it's an unfortunately recycled mechanic, they seem to be applying it different enough to be somewhat new. Still a bit disappointed it's a fusion, but meh.

Direct seems to confirm it's a double third version, unfortunately.

literally the only thing im excited about in this game is the bonus pikachu content like this might as well be sun and moon: ultra pikachu edition. im basically paying 40 dollars for some pikachu clothes and im okay with that.

also clowns are in i guess.

Edited by Switch

That new Ultra Beast, the Burst one? It totally looks like something out of Madoka Magica.

Thoughts on the new direct

1) Hey, Necrozma. Kyurem called, it wants its shtick back.

Seeing it in action leaves me even more unimpressed. They could've gone another route, like Necrozma using its light powers as a way to absorb or reflect the power of the title legends, not just another kyurem.

2) New areas, huh. At least that's something good. But God, more pikachu. I get that it's the mascot, but you don't need to constantly shove it in our faces. Give some of the other Pokemon some love.

3) Oh look. Dusk Lycanroc getting special treatment. How thrilling. (Salty because this is making it look more and more like there's no Dawn Lycanroc).

4) Okay, Gold and Silver coming. Good. Oh, and a Celebi promotion. Makes sense since Celebi was the gen 2 mythical, but what will they do when the DPPt remakes come out, considering how many mythical Pokemon they had....

5) Woah. Woah woah woah. New Pokemon? IN THE THIRD GAME OF A GEN? Nintendo, what is this sorcery?

That said....that one looks like that one guy from Future Diary and the other is....literally a wall. Mmmm....Nintendo, go home, you're drunk again.

Still, that raises my hopes we might get more of them. Maybe even some non-UB Pokemon.

Edited by SheridanCharon

I've been avoiding spoilers, but it makes me wonder one simple thing, will these new games allow us to trade any new pokes into the Sun and Moon games themselves since its obvious they were being made at the same time if they're being released less than a year apart.

So far the lack of huge info to get excited about is really dampening my desire to get USUM... Was hoping the Nintendo Direct on it would've been substantial, but rip :V

Hoping they'll pull something off at Tokyo Game Show, which is pretty much next week. Otherwise, guess I'll be saving money for other games ni no kuni 2

4 hours ago, Hakumei said:

So far the lack of huge info to get excited about is really dampening my desire to get USUM... Was hoping the Nintendo Direct on it would've been substantial, but rip :V

Hoping they'll pull something off at Tokyo Game Show, which is pretty much next week. Otherwise, guess I'll be saving money for other games ni no kuni 2

TBH, with how many games are coming out in the next few months that interest me, I am in firm agreement that unless Nintendo release some really gripping info soon (considering how close the release is) then I probably won't bother getting it until at least next year.

S/M spoilers below.

Serebii just posted a Japanese poster for the games, featuring the protagonists, Necrozma, and a couple figures cloaked in shadow so that you can't see their faces. Notably, Lilly is holding a Pokéball, suggesting she may be or become a trainer in this game! That's rather exciting. She's also in her "Z-powered form" (God I hated how she used that phrase, though the actual message of her changing was pretty moving), which suggests it may come later in the game.

Looking at the poster, looks like two of the mystery figures are dressed in similar manner, some kind of weird uniform, one of which looking like a child, while the third figure looks like it's wearing what I thought was armor of some kind.

This, combined with the fact we're getting new UBs, makes me wonder if Team Skull and Aether Foundation aren't the bad guys this time, or they're getting some new members, or even a new threat appears...I mean, I remember reading somewhere this is an "Alternate reality" type thing, so it's possible....? Alternatively, this is all gonna turn out to be post-game stuff and we're all gonna feel a bit cheated.

Good to see we're finally getting a bit more info.

Edit - Just had a look at that with the Pikachu event. Sorry, but I think it's a bit out of order that you're only allowed one. So if you wanted the Unova one, but used your code to get the Johto one, tough ****?

Oh well, I was planning one getting Pokebank back and restarting, so if I've got to restart just to get more than one of these yellow rats, I might as well farm them for trading. Provided it's "one code per game" and not "one code per console", which really would be an a-hole move.

Edited by SheridanCharon

god i wish i could get all six of the hat pikachu. i so badly want an entire team full of hat pikachu. can you defeat my six powerful sons? not a chance.

can hat pikachu legally be traded? ive heard mixed answers

although more than that i just want to be able to nickname my hat pikachu for the love of god gamefreak it's 2017 let me nickname event pokemon let me name my baby. not being able to name them makes them feel so impersonal.

im waiting for hoenn cap pikachu to roll in. gen 3's my gen.

Edited by Switch

@Switch

I'm getting my pokebank back up and running today, so I'm gonna be restarting my games and seeing if I can grab more than one. If I can do so, I'll keep a spare one of each to the side for you.

@Switch More like "GameFreak it's 2017 let me rename anything that doesn't have my OT on it."

@SheridanCharon It's one per game. I'm not sure I can recall a time when it was one per console. Sometimes the game stores will **** you over and only give you one period, but this isn't that kind of code.

I got my Indigo League Pikachu yesterday in Sun; waiting until October 3 to get Sinnoh League 'chu in Moon.

Edited by Miral

@Miral

Yeah, just got one each on Moon and Sun, just restarted Moon to grab another one if it will allow it. And I can't remember, either, but I wouldn't have put it past Nintendo/GF to do that with it being the Hat Pikachus.

Edit; Urrrrrgh...I forgot how much rubbish SuMo makes you do just to get to the first Pokecentre. Also, a new trailer has been released which shows that the Photo Club that everyone was hoping was an extension to make it seem even more like Pokemon Snap is actually just taking photos of yourself. Lame.

Edited by SheridanCharon