Pixxelation

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Not super excited this time. e.e Like Raptor said, I'm getting kind of tired of the trend of newer pokemon games helicopter-parenting me to death. It's just no challenge anymore. I was also really disappointed with the postgame in SM, it was... nonexistent. And I fear this just won't introduce that much new content. Bottom line I'll probably get Ultra Sun/Moon, but only after I can pick it up used for $5.

I can't wait for it.

I am going to get both game.

There countdown clock for every one You might have change time for your time zone on were you are in world.

Countdown clock

Edited by Remy400

I'm not as excited about these as I would expect myself to be. Though it's possibly just because I'm disappointed no proper Pokemon game is happening for the Switch... Switch already has plenty of fighting games either out or upcoming, I want something else.

'course, I'll end up buying US/UM anyway, because pokemon. Just not as hyped about them as I was about S/M. Hopefulyl those empty spots in each town are filled up now. Gyms, possibly? Since now the pokemon league has been set up on Alola and all...

This sums up my feelings pretty well. I just am not that excited for this. Also, Nintendo, the Switch is a portable system. Pokemon should be put on it.

I'll end up buying the games too, just like I did with Platinum (which is my favorite entry in the Sinnoh canon) but I was hoping for more. Maybe Pokemon Star where they show the new forms with a new storyline?

the name just adding Ultra to it is funny and the new Solgaleo and Lunala make me think of Zoids

Ehhh...not so hyped, really, the new forms look somewhat silly to me, and it's not enough to catch my interest. My biggest complaints with regular sun/moon are lack of postgame content and the annoying handholding (shut up, rotom dex, no one cares if that's the wrong way). Hopefully these ones have better postgame stuff, but tbh I haven't been very impressed with postgames since emerald anyway....

I have a feeling the forms are gonna turn out like black/white kyurem :I hopefully I'm wrong, because that was so annoying.

Without more information on what changed between this and reg sun/moon, I won't commit to buying either. Would've preferred sinnoh remakes to basically another b2/w2 type thing. ):

Edited by Infinis

im probably going to get this game solely for the pikachu trailer and field of pikachu that's my dream come true

Ehhh...not so hyped, really, the new forms look somewhat silly to me, and it's not enough to catch my interest. My biggest complaints with regular sun/moon are lack of postgame content and the annoying handholding (shut up, rotom dex, no one cares if that's the wrong way). Hopefully these ones have better postgame stuff, but tbh I haven't been very impressed with postgames since emerald anyway....

I have a feeling the forms are gonna turn out like black/white kyurem :I hopefully I'm wrong, because that was so annoying.

Without more information on what changed between this and reg sun/moon, I won't commit to buying either. Would've preferred sinnoh remakes to basically another b2/w2 type thing. ):

This is pretty much how I feel :/ I liked SM, but the amount of hand holding was ridiculous (and before anyone starts complaining "BUT ITS 4 DA NEW PWAYERS!", fine, I get that, but as a veteran, it's irritating and I would've liked if we could switch it AND NaviRotom off. Heck, even for a new player it's pretty condescending, like Nintendo/GameFreak saying they don't think kids nowadays can do things themselves.

TBH, I didn't mind the post game, at least it was more than XY gave us :/ Besides, never been a fan of the whole Battle Frontier thing.

Black/White Kyurem were good. At the time. But yeah, I don't want repeats of it, especially considering we had actual lore explaining how it was possible even before it happened. There's...nothing to explain Necro Solgaleo and Necro Lunala. Also, someone said they look like Zoids and now that's all I see.

I really hope there's a lot of new stuff (as much as I would love some actual new Pokemon, I don't see that happening since it has never before). I'll probably get one just because I always get at least one. And Sinnoh remakes when, Nintendo?

Saw the new forms and ehhhhhhh I'm sorry, they're ugly...

This is pretty much how I feel :/ I liked SM, but the amount of hand holding was ridiculous (and before anyone starts complaining "BUT ITS 4 DA NEW PWAYERS!", fine, I get that, but as a veteran, it's irritating and I would've liked if we could switch it AND NaviRotom off. Heck, even for a new player it's pretty condescending, like Nintendo/GameFreak saying they don't think kids nowadays can do things themselves.

TBH, I didn't mind the post game, at least it was more than XY gave us :/ Besides, never been a fan of the whole Battle Frontier thing.

Black/White Kyurem were good. At the time. But yeah, I don't want repeats of it, especially considering we had actual lore explaining how it was possible even before it happened. There's...nothing to explain Necro Solgaleo and Necro Lunala. Also, someone said they look like Zoids and now that's all I see.

I really hope there's a lot of new stuff (as much as I would love some actual new Pokemon, I don't see that happening since it has never before). I'll probably get one just because I always get at least one. And Sinnoh remakes when, Nintendo?

Adding onto this. There is also the fact 9/10 that trainers would heal your Pokemon, so you really didn't have to go back to the centers constantly, something I miss.

I would hope for a tougher game as well. Sun and Moon were excessively easy and I didn't like its excessive cut-scenes either. X&Y was fine in comparison, a bit hand-holdy as well, but not nearly as much as the new ones. An option to set gameplay difficulty in the new games would be great, as well as a way to skip through the annoying and extensively unnecessary character dialogues. I simply continue to play Pokemon games due to the love I've garnered for the series over the years, but lately I've struggled more and more to actually enjoy the storylines. I also end up finding the story's characters endlessly annoying, such as Lillie and Hau. Too clingy, happy-go-lucky personalities in my opinion. I do hope Game Freak ends up realizing that there's many players who would love a bit of a more serious tone introduced to the games, as well as a greater amount of challenging elements, including an extensive post-game.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by andromedae

An option to set gameplay difficulty in the new games would be great,

If I remember correctly, didn't BW/B2W2 let you make it harder, but only after a certain point in the game? Bringing it back in a more accessible, from-the-start format would be so much better.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? Where are the Sinnoh remakes?

Mabey next year we will get Sinnoh remakes. but do not hold me to that it up to make of pokemon. But we have got Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver will arrive on the Nintendo 3DS eShop as Virtual Console titles on September 22. Do not forget about that.

What i have heard they say Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have new story line but i am unsure if that right.

I just Preorder both game.

Just wait e3 gaming convention to come out.

I am think we might get more information than but you never know.

Edited by Remy400

Sooooo...apparently there's a theory going around that the new forms are a result of Necrozma either absorbing the power of Lunala/Solgaleo, resulting in a new form, or by literally infecting them with it's power.

I'm not sure which one sounds worse. But then, are either of those worse than the "LITERALLY WEARING IT AS ARMOUR" theory?

Restraining my excitement for now. I LOVED sun, easily top three pokemon games for me, but Black is another one of my top 3 and the sequel felt like 90% recycled content with a weaker story, so I hope they don't botch Sun similarly :C

Also a bit bummed they didn't announce it as a Switch partnership ala Smash Bros, where everything is basically the same but Switch has better graphics. I guess money wise it doesn't make much sense to make the game twice just to do one graphically enhanced version, but... woulda been cool.

(And why didn't they just call the sequel Pokemon Star?? Lost opportunity just like no Spla2n ;A; )

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

(And why didn't they just call the sequel Pokemon Star?? Lost opportunity just like no Spla2n ;A; )

Star would've been good, especially considering the rumours, but I was really expecting hoping for a Pokemon Eclipse. xd.png

Edited by CharonDusk

Uh, not really hyped. I liked Moon but...nah. Would have enjoyed a remake of some old editions. Also, I think it's more to push the Switch than anything else...

Uh, not really hyped. I liked Moon but...nah. Would have enjoyed a remake of some old editions. Also, I think it's more to push the Switch than anything else...

How does this push the Switch?

Oof...

When I heard the announcement, I couldn't do much but groan. Moon was almost impossible for me to get through (I ended up having to put it down for quite literally months) due to the fact that I just wanted to do ANYTHING without being told, in excruciating detail, how to do it. Players enjoy that ah-ha! moment when they finally figure out how to solve a tough problem, and I was over ten hours into the game and still felt like I was playing through a tutorial.

Linear games are fine. In fact, linear games have produced some of the most beautiful stories this industry has ever told. The Pokémon company itself has crafted tear-jerking tales that made me care for every character involved, including what could have been entirely one-dimensional villains. (see: Explorers of Sky)

Pokémon games in the past have shown me that actual, irritating as heck rivals are GOOD. I want to feel something when I defeat a tough enemy after my entire team has been slowly poisoned to single digits by a hundred zubats. I don't read stories to hear about the exploits of a hero whose adversary healed them to full health and proceeded to claim victory over their rival due to the rival's utter mediocrity. That's not satisfying. I want the odds to be against me.

come at me, gamefreak

make me throw my system against the wall in frustration when my rival challenges me to a battle with half of my team dead

i'm ready

TLDR: Games are more interesting when they present at the very least a mild challenge.

Oof...

When I heard the announcement, I couldn't do much but groan. Moon was almost impossible for me to get through (I ended up having to put it down for quite literally months) due to the fact that I just wanted to do ANYTHING without being told, in excruciating detail, how to do it. Players enjoy that ah-ha! moment when they finally figure out how to solve a tough problem, and I was over ten hours into the game and still felt like I was playing through a tutorial.

Linear games are fine. In fact, linear games have produced some of the most beautiful stories this industry has ever told. The Pokémon company itself has crafted tear-jerking tales that made me care for every character involved, including what could have been entirely one-dimensional villains. (see: Explorers of Sky)

Pokémon games in the past have shown me that actual, irritating as heck rivals are GOOD. I want to feel something when I defeat a tough enemy after my entire team has been slowly poisoned to single digits by a hundred zubats. I don't read stories to hear about the exploits of a hero whose adversary healed them to full health and proceeded to claim victory over their rival due to the rival's utter mediocrity. That's not satisfying. I want the odds to be against me.

come at me, gamefreak

make me throw my system against the wall in frustration when my rival challenges me to a battle with half of my team dead

i'm ready

TLDR: Games are more interesting when they present at the very least a mild challenge.

Yes please

Oof...

come at me, gamefreak

i'm ready

You couldn't have said this any better! xd.png

Especially since the original games didn't hold your hand.

That was also back before most of us had our own internet access so you either had to buy the guide, find out by word of mouth, or figure it out on your own.

I really do like Sun and Moon, I just wish there was different mode settings (which wouldn't be hard to implement. Games like Fire Emblem now have it).

As an aside, you all see there WILL be a mainline game coming to the Switch? They say it's in development so I'm not so sure it's going to be related to Sun and Moon directly.

I wonder if it'll be akin to Shadows of Almia or if it will be a straight up new generation.

(Or diamond and pearl remake...)

Sooooo...apparently there's a theory going around that the new forms are a result of Necrozma either absorbing the power of Lunala/Solgaleo, resulting in a new form, or by literally infecting them with it's power.

I'm not sure which one sounds worse. But then, are either of those worse than the "LITERALLY WEARING IT AS ARMOUR" theory?

My theory is that when Cosmoem evolves, something goes horribly wrong with the evolution. Probably from Necrozma's interference with it.

I also hate all the hand holding, but I'm also interested in how the new games will build upon the story.

Edited by Ultra

i can agree with wanting more difficulty in the main game. battle tree was a very refreshing change of pace where you really have to think strategically. i think it'd be possible to strike a balance between that and the regular gameplay so there's more of a challenge but you can still use most pokemon. at least give that kind of difficulty to bosses or something.

also i was lukewarm at first but core pokemon rpg for switch is in development let's go ultra sm can hold me over until then im ready

As an aside, you all see there WILL be a mainline game coming to the Switch? They say it's in development so I'm not so sure it's going to be related to Sun and Moon directly.

I wonder if it'll be akin to Shadows of Almia or if it will be a straight up new generation.

(Or diamond and pearl remake...)

YES!!! I swear Nintendo finally listened to their fanbase this year at E3, there's hope!

I truly hope it's a new region and that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are just to tide us over until it comes out (like Black/White 2 were for the Kalos region).