Pixxelation

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Never a fan of the rehashs like this and Black/White 2.

i appreciated that black/white 2 was a sequel unlike the weird alternate universe things the other pokemon sequels have always been, so i was initially disappointed that ultra sun moon was going back to the old formula, but i'm hoping the switch pokemon game will be the sequel... or maybe not. regardless reggie just reaffirmed the switch pokemon game will be a traditional one. weehehee

YES!!! I swear Nintendo finally listened to their fanbase this year at E3, there's hope!

Which is great for those of us who can afford to spend the better part of £400 on a console and then another £50+ for the game, even second-hand dry.gif

Personally, I hope this new Switch Pokemon game isn't a main series one and really a spin-off, especially a new Shadow Pokemon game. I would buy a switch for that. Otherwise, it would need to be pretty spectacular to get me interested enough to even consider buying a Switch.

Which is great for those of us who can afford to spend the better part of £400 on a console and then another £50+ for the game, even second-hand dry.gif

Personally, I hope this new Switch Pokemon game isn't a main series one and really a spin-off, especially a new Shadow Pokemon game. I would buy a switch for that. Otherwise, it would need to be pretty spectacular to get me interested enough to even consider buying a Switch.

Omg! Yes please! I've been dying to see another Shadow Pokemon game released

Omg! Yes please! I've been dying to see another Shadow Pokemon game released

That's what I'm hoping as well!

I have a feeling if they do release a "Core game" that they'd at least have counterparts on the 3DS. It seems like they'd be hurting themselves tremendously if they didn't.

The switch CAN connect to the 3DS so it's not like there'd be a trade barrier.

I have a feeling if they do release a "Core game" that they'd at least have counterparts on the 3DS. It seems like they'd be hurting themselves tremendously if they didn't.

We're talking about Nintendo here. They don't always make the best decisions (Helloooooooooooooooo, Wii U and what Nintendo did to Fatal Frame 5. I am still royally annoyed about that.)

We should probably get back on topic since we're getting a bit off-track here. Sooo, what kinda things do people want to see in UM/US? I'd like to see walking with your pokemon, since it seems that was something Nintendo and GameFreak at least considered.

Edited by CharonDusk

i'd also like pokemon walking back in but i'm not sure if the 3ds' limitations come into play there.

you know what i'd really like? more actual double battles instead of having two trainers that are together always just take turns to fight you one on one. like i know it makes the game chug a little but i really missed doubles throughout my sun playthrough...

edit: and can i get uhhhhhhhhhh the hat pikachu? please? anybody?

Edited by Switch

18 minutes ago, Kiisekii said:

Dusk Form Lycanrock~

I like dogs and lest it better than none thing at all.

But i do wish i had link to watch pokemon sun and moon in japan Episodes.

Dusk Lycanroc is....meh. I mean, to be fair there wasn't really anything else they could do with it, but it still feels...dull. And does this mean there will be a Dawn form? It seems kinda silly to have two extremes - Midday and Midnight - but only do one of the points half way between them.

Then again, we're talking about Game Freak and Nintendo here. I'm still waiting for the counterpart to Sylveon.

Wow, Dusk Lycanroc is event-only? That sucks, it's gonna be shiny-locked and I wanted to use it but I hate orange...

It's not just a recolor- it has Midday Lycanroc's posture, tail, and neck spikes, but Midnight Lycanroc's mane shape, including the bit that goes over the forehead. I do wish they'd included a little more from the Midnight form, though. The side 'rib' bits would have gone a long way towards making it obvious it's not just a recolor of Midday Form...

50 minutes ago, TCA said:

It's not just a recolor- it has Midday Lycanroc's posture, tail, and neck spikes, but Midnight Lycanroc's mane shape, including the bit that goes over the forehead. I do wish they'd included a little more from the Midnight form, though. The side 'rib' bits would have gone a long way towards making it obvious it's not just a recolor of Midday Form...

Well, to the untrained artistic eye differences don't appear to be as significant. If you'd never pointed out those characteristics - I likely would not have noticed they were not completely alike. They look far too similar for my liking, and if only smaller details distinguish Lycanroc Dusk from Lycanroc Midday, it comes off as a low-effort variation. As you mentioned, including more of the Midnight form would have helped quite a bit, maybe even going so far as to making the Dusk form bipedal like the Midnight. 

I honestly agree with Andromedae - my first perception of it was "Alright, who did the fake screenshot with a Lycanroc recolour?". Even after noticing the hair, my mind just still sees it as a recolour and nothing more. Why not make it bipedal like Midnight form? THAT would've made more sense. And this speculation it's event only? Ash-Greninja all over again.

If it's event only I'm probably not gonna bother getting it. I hated the inclusion of Ash Greninja in Sun/Moon and rejected it on sight. I will likely do the same with any of the Ash hat Pikachu forms, mostly because I think the anime continuity should stay separate from the game continuity.

And if they really wanted to make it on all fours, they could have done a lot more to still make it look distinct, I agree...

A dusk form wasn't really necessary, no matter the design. I don't think it fits with the theme Lycanroc has going on unless we get a dawn form or something. But I gotta say the Tough Claws ability on Lycanroc is quite appealing. Tough Claws + Accelerock, anyone?

4 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

A dusk form wasn't really necessary, no matter the design. I don't think it fits with the theme Lycanroc has going on unless we get a dawn form or something. But I gotta say the Tough Claws ability on Lycanroc is quite appealing. Tough Claws + Accelerock, anyone?

It makes logical sense to include a Dawn form - after all, if we look at it that way, there's four points on the clock. Midday and Midnight, then the two that are exactly halfway between, Dusk and Dawn. But the fact it's event-exclusive or appears to be....makes me worry that we will only get Dusk and no Dawn. Though, if we DO get Dawn, I'm predicting it to just be a Midnight Lycanroc recolour with flatter hair...

@Savannah_Firebolt To be fair, Ash-Greninja wasn't the first anime-tie-in that we've had. Pokemon Yellow was the biggest one but even that diverged from the anime quite a bit, and there have been others, I think. But yeah, Ash-Greninja was just....no, thank you. Please keep your continuities seperate.

i didnt really appreciate ash greninja just because of how asinine the concept was but shonen protagonists absolutely be like that. dusk lycanroc kinda disappoints me more than anything, i guess. i'd love to actually know something about this game besides the fact that it has a cheeto dog.

but for the love of god if i dont get my north american hat pikachu soon i will perish

3 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfK-xzryv4&t=0s

Is that... a Rockruff following the main character? Has following Pokemon returned from HGSS? :o

Hmmm....I hope so. But it doesn't show it anywhere else...so I am cautious in my optimism. But what does seem to go further to confirmation of, is no Dawn Lycanroc.

Edit: So after looking at Serebii, looks like the only other details are that there will be new Z-moves, such as one specifically for the Kommo-o line, and there's a new mode which lets you take pictures with your Pokemon.

Just give us some new Alolan forms, please. Preferably none-Gen 1 ones.

Edited by SheridanCharon

Honestly im just gonna wait to see if its any good, it seems like they updated the sun and moon map but it still looks very similar.