Bodecia

Leetle Tree Gifting

I have been wondering if it might be possible for players to be allowed to catch a second Leetle Tree long enough to gift it to someone else. There are many players who have, for any numbers of reasons, trouble catching rares, but Leetles are like impossible for them. There have been plenty of times I have seen LTs and could have grabbed one for someone else.

It would work something like this: Once it leaves the gifter player's scroll, whether it auto-abandons to the AP because they didn't gift it in time, or it is received by a player without one, it cannot be gifted again. If it does end up on the AP, then only someone without one could catch it. It would be a short window, maybe 24 hours at the max where it had to be rehomed.

The biggest issue I see is that I don't think they were ever intended for trade. Since I am not sure in this scenario there is any way to prevent trading, there may be no way to set up something like this?

Edited by Bodecia

Catching Leetles cannot be that hard if you're persistent. Last time I saw one - which was roughly 24 hours ago - it sat there for almost a full minute - and it wasn't even during the hourly lag. And that's kind of a trend. Whenever I stalk the forest biome for an extended time, I usually come across at a leetle tree sooner or later, and it usually sits there, sometimes even more than a minute. Because most people cannot pick it up - literally.

I haven't seen a leetle tree in a while, but I caught mine two months after I joined DC. That's not very long, if you think about how much time some people put into hunting down Golds and Silvers. Also, unlike rare eggs, leetles can't be hoarded, so most of the people sitting in the biomes won't be able to snatch them up. Maybe it's just me, but I believe the system is fair as is: first come, first served. Even though the gifted leetles would go to players in need, if all players could pick them up, wouldn't it make things more difficult for the leetle-less players who want to catch their own? They would be even harder to find than they are now. There's something special about catching your own, I think.

I agree, the fact that they can only be picked up by people who don't have them means that it's not hard to catch them. At least if you put in the time cave hunting.

I agree that this would actually disadvantage the people who have no leetle tree. As it is the trees often sit in the biomes through quite a few refreshes, allowing a chance for even those with slow connections or slow reaction times to pick them up. If it were allowed to pick them up to gift them, then they would most likely go to the quick clickers instead.

I also think it would be hard to prevent them from being traded instead of only gifted.

No support here.

This sounds kinda complicated. We have:

- Breed limits for grabbing things (one tree, two cb holidays)

- Auto-abandon for multiclutch eggs after x amount of time

- Used to have a breed-only eggslot

But this would require a specific breed limit that acts like a multiclutch from the cave. From the above, it seems like this might be possible? But it honestly just sounds easier for users to catch their own trees. xP

So I'm not specifically against, but I do find this unnecessarily complicated.

I didn't catch one in the first year or two I was on here, then during my hiatus of several years I obviously didn't catch any. Then when I kept trying actively after coming back, I tried for a good 2 years without getting anything.

I support this suggestion if it could be done like sock said, like a specific sort of multi-clutch. Think of those who have slow internet connections or have health problems that make it harder to catch things? I kept missing the leetle tree myself since I was either egglocked or just missed catching it. It was SO frustrating and it would've been nice if someone could've directly helped me out after all?

You say it yourself - in order to catch a leetle, you need to keep an open spot on your scroll. Also, as leetle trees can actually sit for minutes in a biome - and I've seen it happen more than once that a leetle tree sat there for more than a single minute at a time - so they aren't exactly hard to catch. If you're not scroll-locked, and actually stalk the Forest biome.

As someone who only got their Leetle Tree yesterday (!), I don't think this is necessary, and I think it might be unhelpful in the long run.

Implementing trading for Leetles would turn them into regular eggs, where fast clickers get them first and hoard them or trade for high value eggs. What is the solution to that? Automatically create a transfer link for it? Impose a time limit on how long you can have more than one tree? Seems convoluted and a bit misleading for someone who just caught a tree they were intending to do their own thing with.

No support, I don't believe in forcing people to give away what they rightfully caught. The current system is fine.

I kept missing the leetle tree myself since I was either egglocked or just missed catching it. It was SO frustrating and it would've been nice if someone could've directly helped me out after all?

I never understand why people hunt when they are locked... unsure.gif but in that case it wouldn't be possible to receive one from someone else either, so I can't see how this would help...

No support-- the cave already essentially "gifts" them to people who don't have them. You just have to be an active user seeking a leetle tree.

No support. Just takes them away from people who don't have leetle trees but also don't have the connections to get one gifted.

The cave already makes sure that little trees go to users who have none yet, no need for fast clickers to interfere with that and steer where exactly the trees go (that would even make the game less fair in my opinion, as it puts forum users at an advantage over non-forum users). Also, they usually sit there for at least a couple of refreshes, sometimes even a couple of minutes, so slow internet connections are not at disadvantage here.

It seems an unnecessary complication to an already working system. So no support here either, I'm afraid.

Nope from me too, sorry.

Would be unfair to someone without one who goes to grab it and then you who already has one grabs it to give to someone else.

I don't support this. There would be those people that will trade them for lots of stuff, and also the people who don't use the forum can't get one from this. It works perfectly fine now, and only those who don't have one can grab one, so eventually pretty much everyone will be able to get one eventually.

You say it yourself - in order to catch a leetle, you need to keep an open spot on your scroll. Also, as leetle trees can actually sit for minutes in a biome - and I've seen it happen more than once that a leetle tree sat there for more than a single minute at a time - so they aren't exactly hard to catch. If you're not scroll-locked, and actually stalk the Forest biome.

Maybe because the only times I could get one were at the holiday drops or during new releases? Mind you I hunt during the DragonCave's night and not during the day when a lot of other people are around.

The reason I brought that up was because, 1) always keep an eggslot open for something you might not ever see or get a chance to see even during the freakin' holiday because it keeps disappearing under your nose OR you never see it? 2) I have a style of ctrl+clicking a bunch of different eggs in such situations in order to maximize my chances of even getting one out of a time when everybody is clicking faster than me in the biome to get a new egg. I have several times ended up finding a leetle tree BUT having just finished the massclicking, not having had a second to dare to go to my scroll to check how many eggs I actually have at the moment, because it was so difficult searching during the time other eggs are circulating in with the new release egg, and then thought I had an eggslot open and jubilantly clicked on the leetle tree... only to go to that page and be told I have no openings and then finally work my way through my tabs to see how many of the other eggs I have gotten.

Yeah sure most people don't have that playing style but it's what actually ended up getting results for me during high-demand new releases and holidays where everybody is scrambling for the same eggs.

Forgive me for wanting to make it easier on those who are slower clickers, have odd hours of the day to sleep, AND do not have as many hours to devote to scouring the cave for something that may NEVER show up when they're looking at the cave. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I want the game to be more accessible to those who are not able to do as much as some devoted players can do. And I still remember how difficult it was to get mine so I have a bit more sympathy for those who are still struggling and not able to get their own.

But then again, that's just imho.

I understand why this was suggested but what happens to the Leetle Tree after it's been grabbed by a user who has one already and the time limit is up? Say you have a week to gift it: what then? It's deleted? If it's deleted then that's taking the chance to grab away from someone who doesn't have one. Does it go back into the cave? That just gets messy and other people who are fast clickers might wait around until the time limit is up to gift for it to drop in cave again. I don't have a Leetle Tree because I just don't have time for searching so I understand the idea; I just don't think it can be implemented fairly so I don't agree. Sorry! 💖

Edited by ludwig8989

What if instead we had leetle trees drop in the jungle as well? I know it's not what you were going for, but I think it would help with the base issue (people not finding leetle trees). Just setting up an elaborate grab-to-gift system specifically for one joke breed that already has a one-per-person limit seems a bit much.

@Sapphira: I completely understand your issue, and please don't think I'm devoted enough to get everything straight from the cave. Because I'm neither devoted enough, nor lucky enough, nor fast enough. Heck, I've been playing for nearly 8 years now, and I'm still waiting for my first self-caught CB gold. (I got gifted two of those from two very generous people - and I can't thank them enough. Love ya, guys!) Right now, thanks to the hard-to-get Zyumorphs, I actually manage to stock up on Trios and Fire Gems, which I hardly ever see normally, so yeah.

And yet, I've been able to get myself a Leetle Tree once the initial rush was over and the fastest clickers had gotten their fill. And I still see them every now and then when I'm there for the 5-minute shuffles in the Forest. Even though I tend to keep "odd hours", too, considering I'm in GMT +1/2 (depending on whether daylight saving time is currently a thing or not). And still, I see Leetle Trees sit, sometimes for minutes.

Edited by olympe

I see leetle trees sitting in cave for over 3 minutes sometimes... They are really not that hard to catch I wouldn't even consider them rare rolleyes.gif