pinkgothic

ANSWERED:Groups: Show dragons in scroll order

At the moment the dragons in the "Select A Dragon" list are in... I think it's at least partly by alphabetic order of their codes? For me, the code 000u is right at the top, at any rate, followed by other 0 codes, but order gets strange later on. I'm really not sure what I'm seeing. Either way, it makes it difficult to add dragons because I don't always know their names - so I need to page over to my scroll, find them there, and then choose them by name.

Could the dragons be arranged in scroll order, as they are with Fertility?

Edited by pinkgothic

I agree that it is very confusing now. Scroll order would be good.

I'm not really sure what the order now is because codes seem to have very little to do with it, and the order when you try to filter them makes no sense to me, either.

Using mine I suspected they appear from oldest (top) to newest(bottom) on the add list, which, even after I realised it's probably so, wasn't helpful to me to find all the dragons I needed (vast majority of my scroll)

Edited by VixenDra

Yes please, scroll order would be so much easier to use!

Side-but-related note: also for viewing our dragons once they've been added to groups... can we please have a way to display them in the exact same order as on the scroll?

Ditto. You won't believe how long it took me to find those stupid misfit pygmies. Before I found them, I even found some tombstones that seriously don't belong on my scroll. xd.png

YES!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find dragons this way, however it is they are sorted.

Throwing my support in.

With the Fertility search everything is listed in scroll order. That makes me feel as though this may be an oversight or bug.

(Given my recent experience with sorts being weird, anyway.)

I'd actually like that sollution even more in the groups themselves... so, in other words, expanded to groups themselves. 

Sorting in the groups by breed doesn't work for me(while being still the closest to acceptable from all group sortings available so far), aside to that I can't have chikens and papers on top and cheeses on the very end, my zombies are mixing with the breed they were made from and this doesn't look neat at all, not to mention my holiday families are split instead of stayign together depending on how I paired &checkered them.

Ofc best would be to have the custom sorting in groups introduced.... but if that's goign to take forever then the scroll order would still be better than nothing

On 6/5/2017 at 7:44 AM, Aleoleo said:

Yes please, scroll order would be so much easier to use!

Side-but-related note: also for viewing our dragons once they've been added to groups... can we please have a way to display them in the exact same order as on the scroll?

Agreed on both points

1x infinity% support! With the current way "Select A Dragon" list works the Groups feature is almost useless to me - I have thousands of dragons on my scroll and picking each one by name (or code, as not all of them are named) is pretty much impossible (or way too time consuming). Dragons being arranged in scroll order would be very helpful - at the very least I'd know what I'm looking at.

Scroll order, or at least default group order (e.g. if the group is sorted by age, have the filter use that sort order, too). If default group order can be set to scroll order, that would be great, too :D

I think there should be options in the select a dragon list newest first, scroll order, and so on

Edited by Empererpenguin