Cori

Cori's Art (For Fun and Profit)

How do you do, fellow kids? I doubt many of you on here remember me. It's okay. I still love you and I forgive you.

I like to draw things, and I like to receive feedback on those things! This thread is going to be a general art thread, but I will also be taking requests (at my discretion) AND commissions! More information on that part can be found near the bottom of this post.

First off, some Q and A:

--Q: Is this an egg commission thread?

A: Part of it will be, yes! If you're interested in trading a dragon egg(s) for art, please read the Guidelines farther down.

--Q: What kind of requests can I make?

A: You can request anything, really, as long as it's a little more simple. I might be kind of picky about what I draw for free compared to what I'll draw for payment. If it's something too complicated or I don't really want to draw it, I probably wont. Don't take it personally if I decide to decline your request!

--Q: What do you draw?

A: I enjoy drawing a wide variety of subjects, from people to cartoons to animals to dragons to plants to anything in between. The only thing I'm a little shy about doing is mechanical or robotic stuff. I'm willing to try something along those lines, but y'all will have to bear with me on that.

--Q: Can you draw in _____ style?

A: I can try! No promises though.

--Q: Will you draw a background?

A: I can draw basic backgrounds for requests and such. Anything with a complex background would be something I'd rather take as a commission.

--Q: Art trade?

A: I might! PM me if you are interested.

--Q: Do you accept criticism?

A: Always! But if you want to give me criticism on a commission piece, please message me about it privately. I would welcome your input.

Okay, no more Q and A. Time for some basic COMMISSION RULES.

1: I will have THREE commission slots open at a time. If all of these slots are full, I will not take your submission. You'll have to wait until a slot opens to claim said slot. No backlogs, sorry--they're hard to keep track of (These slots are ONLY for egg commissions, not money commissions or requests).

2: Please adhere to the commission guidelines at the bottom of this post. If you offer me a common, sloppily-bred egg and ask for something really complicated in return, I'm probably not going to accept your submission.

3: I have a *cough*paypal*cough* if you want something outside the realms of what I'm offering here. I'd be overjoyed if someone liked my art enough to exchange money for that. PM me if you want to go that route and we can discuss terms.

4: This should go without saying, but I won't do anything that's inappropriate for this forum. If I'm uncomfortable with something you're asking me to do, I won't do it.

Finally, DON'T CLAIM OR REPOST MY ART AS YOUR OWN. DO NOT MODIFY MY ART IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. That INCLUDES cropping, erasing signatures and watermarks, or adding your own text.

COMMISSION INFO

The amount of time and detail I'm willing to put into a piece of art will depend on what you're willing to give me in exchange. You're free to try and negotiate if you think you have something I'll like, but my BASIC pricing will go a little something like this:

BASIC: A shaded graphite sketch, a digital character headshot, a 'chibi'. Coloring, if requested, will be a basic gradient map.

EGGS/HATCHLINGS: Uncommons, including 'hybrid' species and alts. This does not include Nebulas, as I have way too many Nebulas. Nebulas out the wazoo. I don't want any more Nebulas!

ADVANCED: An inked and colored drawing, traditional or digital. Full-body character. More than one subject (NO MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE/DRAGONS/WHATEVER. If you want more than two subjects in a single drawing I will ask for more eggs).

EGGS/HATCHLINGS: Rares. Metallics, unbreedables, trios, and holidays. CB new releases will also count here (I'd love to get my hands on some Zyumorphs or some of the new hybrid dragons!!).

I'm not typically interested in common dragons, but if you've got one with a nice lineage you're welcome to haggle with me.

In order to submit your commission request, I will need the following information:

USERNAME: For cataloguing purposes.

BASIC/ADVANCED: This tells me how much work you're asking from me and what you're planning to offer as payment.

DIGITAL/TRADITIONAL: This tells me what techniques you want me to use.

TYPE: Sketch, headshot, full-body, chibi, etc etc.

SUBJECT: Tell me what you want me to draw--a pet, a person, a rock, etc. Please be as detailed as possible. Give me color schemes, poses, expressions--whatever you need to specify for the drawing you want.

OTHER: If there's anything else you want me to include in the drawing, mention it here. I will only do simple backgrounds for most commissions--if you want something more complex, I will ask for more in return.

PAYMENT: Tell me what you would like to offer in exchange for my services.

Here's the submission code to copy and paste into a new post:

[FONT=impact][COLOR=green][SIZE=10]COMMISSION[/size][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Basic/Advanced:[/B]
[B]Digital/Traditional:[/B]
[B]Type:[/B]
[B]Subject:[/B]
[B]Other:[/B]
[B]Payment:[/B]

Edited by Cori

COMMISSIONS: OPEN!

COMMISSION SLOTS

1: Jazeki

2: VixenDra

3: 

~THE GALLERY~

livf7Y.png

tumblr_osvxph3w3v1racnyqo1_1280.png

tumblr_ot4i5uEkYn1racnyqo1_1280.png
2WDP8dt.png

nFNegHv.png8c1w7mk.png

hQJ8d56.png

ZodMJzp.jpg

Enjoy your stay!

Edited by Cori

Nothing finished to show in this thread yet (hint hint!), but here's a WIP of a commission I'm drawing for someone of their WoW character.

user posted image

I loved getting art from you! Any particular dragons you're looking for? Like specific breeds?

tyto_alba said:
I loved getting art from you! Any particular dragons you're looking for? Like specific breeds?

Thank you for your kind words smile.gif

As far as specific dragons go, I'd like to eventually get my hands on some Zyumorphs. I haven't had much luck nabbing those. Fire Gems, Xenowyrms and Storm-Riders would be nice too. I'm always looking for rare stuff--but as far as Uncommons are concerned, anything goes really. The only thing I don't want more of are Nebulas. I'm always grabbing Nebula eggs by accident.

I have some art to drop here in the thread: a finished commission from an acquaintance who wanted me to draw their angry little WoW goblin:

7ssoIw.png

Edited by Jackal

Hey I heard someone on this forum likes dragons.

tumblr_osvxph3w3v1racnyqo1_1280.png

(also RIP photobucket, thanks for breaking all my images. Good thing this thread is still new)

Edited by Jackal

Thank you!

Also,

YOOOOO I DIDN'T KNOW WE COULD CHANGE OUR FORUM NAMES NOW?! I'm going to be doing that. I don't even remember the reason I picked the username Jackal when I first joined this forum, but I'm gonna start going by Cori instead. Which is...the name I use for everything else.

So I'm gonna update this thread to reflect that. Jackal's art --> Cori's art.

Question! Are you looking for CB zyus? Or could I offer 2nd gens? I haven't seen a CB one in forever.

Yeah, bred eggs are totally fine! CB is nice but when some dragons are harder to find that's not always doable.

Awesome! Thanks! 

COMMISSION
Username: Jazeki
Basic/Advanced: Basic
Digital/Traditional: Digital
Type: Chibi (like the angry canine in your example post)
Subject:Chloe, my OC. Please feel free to draw her being angry with whatever suburban mom accessory you think fits. Feel free to also give her extra squishiness. She spends most of her time at home reading romance novels. Reference pics here: one and two.  
Other: Can you make it transparent, please? Also, please feel free to post on your tumblr as I like reblogging art. 
Payment: https://dragcave.net/lineage/KMZUg and https://dragcave.net/lineage/iNJ9G and https://dragcave.net/lineage/aRlqW

I'm super poor right now, but one day I hope to commission you for money.

Edit: OMG. Formatting. I hope I fixed it. 

Edited by Jazeki

Jazeki is on my to-do list! Thank you!

Were you wanting your finished commission to have that scribbly crayon look?

Edited by Cori

14 minutes ago, Cori said:

Jazeki is on my to-do list! Thank you!

Were you wanting your finished commission to have that scribbly crayon look?

Scribbly crayon look is fine. I can send over your dragons whenever. Just let me know. Thank you again!

Here's the finished Chloe for you! I hope she's suitably suburban mom-ish:

Bonus Chloe:

tumblr_ot4i5uEkYn1racnyqo2_r1_500.png

Edited by Cori

5 hours ago, Cori said:

Here's the finished Chloe for you! I hope she's suitably suburban mom-ish:

Bonus Chloe:

tumblr_ot4i5uEkYn1racnyqo2_r1_500.png

Thank you, again! Your outfit choices are amazing.

COMMISSION
Username: The Dragoness
Basic/Advanced: Advanced
Type: Full body
Subject: Risensong dragon. Any pose would be lovely!
Other: I would love to use it as an avatar, so can you make the background transparent? 
Payment: CB black Zyumorph, CB Almandine Pyralspite, 2G Setsong

Edit: the new forum really doesn't like BBcode I guess. I tried to fix it, but I'm on mobile right now :lol:

Edited by The Dragoness

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

COMMISSION
Username: The Dragoness
Type: Full body
Subject: Risensong dragon. Any pose would be lovely!
Other: I would love to use it as an avatar, so can you make the background transparent? 
Payment: CB black Zyumorph, CB Almandine Pyralspite, 2G Setsong

Edit: the new forum really doesn't like BBcode I guess. I tried to fix it, but I'm on mobile right now :lol:

You're on the list! I'll send a rough sketch your way soon.

Been meaning to post for a while to say that I love your sig. @_@ I hope you're the artist. xP

That pink dragon is just fantastic, and you do absolutely fantastic facial expressions.

2 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Been meaning to post for a while to say that I love your sig. @_@ I hope you're the artist. xP

That pink dragon is just fantastic, and you do absolutely fantastic facial expressions.

Thank you so much! I've been having a lot of fun lately practicing my expressions. And yes, I made the art in my signature too :P You can see the full picture on my tumblr!

Uwaaaa your stuff's really nice!! Can... can I bother you for stuff? ;w;

COMMISSION
Username: TCA
Digital/Traditional: Whatever you feel more like!
Type: Full-body
Subject: A Script dragon! Probably looking chill and mischievous, maybe with some kind of magic effect around its paws?
Other: I do have a somewhat close-up face image you can use as reference for what their faces look like. It's in the news thread on page 1, along with lots of breed information, in case that inspires you?
Payment: I have two CB Script (new release) eggs I can give you right now, and I will also breed you 3G prizes from any of my 2Gs, and and... multiple new hybrids? If I can breed it, ask and ye shall receive, I am not kidding around here.

Edited by TCA

Of course you can bother me for stuff!! TCA is on the commission list! I'll be in touch with you soon with a prelim sketch.

COMMISSION

USERNAME: Kyath The Dream Worker

BASIC/ADVANCED: Basic

DIGITAL/TRADITIONAL: Digital

TYPE: 'chibi' Coloring

SUBJECT: My persona

OTHER: Drinking coffee with straw. Eyes keep closed.

PAYMENT: 2 script hatchlings, A green Baikala egg. And if you want, 2G mint from both upside down april fool mint parents.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Kyath is on the commission list! I will send a sketch your way within the next couple of days.

Edited by Cori