Jump to content
Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Recommended Posts

Y'all are 3 days too early to be discussing this XD
That being said, I'm out of cookies :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post

Cooookies..... 

 

I'm curious, does anyone *not* have plans for their potential CB Prize? Like, I know people who already know exactly what they would name theirs, what mate(s) they'd choose, how they would gift/trade the offspring... Does anyone just have no idea? I have a feeling mine would stay unnamed for a long time as I tried to come up with the 'perfect' name (that happened with my one and only Neglected...). I know I want to gift any and all offspring, but I have no clue about mates. 

Share this post


Link to post

@HeatherMarie I do this thing where I plan what I wanna name potential new prizes... but then I forget OR I name a holiday/special dragon the name I liked and it forever stuck so I don't have the heart to change it to a prize.

 

What I did for the CB Prizes I did win was... go through my scroll (of yes, of thousands of dragons) and look for names I'd rather have on a CB Prize... For example, "Lillian" was on a tri-horned wyvern and "Sincerity" was on one of my favorite shimmers (until its base ancestor was killed...).

 

And for breeding, I only keep one person on my list at a time. I hate trying to breed a dragon forever and ever and failing and being unable to do interesting lineages because I am forever IOU'ed to someone. And if someone wants a prize from a common... Well... I might try once or twice and if that doesn't work, no trading!

Edited by Kiyoura

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm curious, does anyone *not* have plans for their potential CB Prize?

I have no plans. They would just clutter up my head for years, since I don't think I'll ever get one XD

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm curious, does anyone *not* have plans for their potential CB Prize?

Hard to make plans for something you believe will never happen.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm hoping HARD for either a gold tinsel or a 2nd silver this time around. Be nice to have a mate for Amadore. :D

Share this post


Link to post

@HeatherMarie

 

As much as I want to win a CB prize, I actually don't have much of a plan for if I got one. Back when you could choose their codes, I used to dream of having one called (Aqubs), but now that you can't choose the code anymore, I have no idea what I would name it. Like you said I would have to think of the Perfect name. 

I also don't know what I'd do with the offspring, probably a fair amount of gifting though... I do know that I would try mates that are newer releases or just dragons that you don't see bred with prizes very often... for variety. :D

Edited by Aqub

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, FlyingDragona said:

Hard to make plans for something you believe will never happen.

I absolutely agree with that. Though "never will" is a bit too pessimistic ;)

I just know that CB Prizes are a thing? I'd say I'll try raffling its offspring once every month or at random? It would definitely not be okay for me to win XD

Share this post


Link to post

Before I won last September, I made a group containing my favorite dragon names on my scroll so that all of my options would be in one place. I never expected to actually win, but if I did, I had my heart set on naming my baby "Dream at Dawn." Her name ended up being Gloriosa Stellarum (Latin for "precious stars"), which I decided on shortly after claiming her. I didn't make any breeding/trading/etc. plans before she grew up. I would obviously love to win again, but I have no plans beyond influencing the Prize male. 

Share this post


Link to post

My only plans are to trade for a few mates for Shim/Tin Holiday kin I have, then gift my prize's eggs around.

 

My only 2G Shim/Tin anything was a glomp gift. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Aqub said:

@HeatherMarie

 

As much as I want to win a CB prize, I actually don't have much of a plan for if I got one. Back when you could choose their codes, I used to dream of having one called (Aqubs), but now that you can't choose the code anymore, I have no idea what I would name it. Like you said I would have to think of the Perfect name. 

I also don't know what I'd do with the offspring, probably a fair amount of gifting though... I do know that I would try mates that are newer releases or just dragons that you don't see bred with prizes very often... for variety. :D

Oh man! I once dreamt of having a dragon with Korra as its code (after the Legend of Korra).

Share this post


Link to post

I must be selfish 😂 I definitely know that if I were to win a CB prize, I'd use it to complete my scroll goals first... Specially the breeds I'm just not able to get myself and that people only trade in exchange of, well, 2g prizes (which, obviously I don't have). After that, yeah, I would totally make raffles or gift them, or trade them for cheap, but at first... well, I'm only human. 🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post

I would keep my mouth shut, breed the ones I'd want for lineages, and then breed to gift on the quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would keep my mouth shut

It's what I did with Winya! :D Silently bred and gifted a bunch (kept 1 for myself - the Valentine offspring :lol:) and after a while, people started noticing her and approaching me for trades.

I never actually thought her offspring would be valuable enough for trades XD but she got me my first Neglected - I'm still baffled!

Share this post


Link to post

While my heart's set on a silver Shimmer female, if I got a different prize I'd use it for trading offspring, mostly. Sounds greedy, but I'd likely breed to gift/AP once a month or so.

 

If I DO get my dream silver Shimmer then I know exactly what I'd do with her. ^^

Share this post


Link to post

I personally haven't planned much when it comes to prize dragons. The possibility to win is really small, but at least I know that I'd breed an egg for my friends at first. ^_^ I'm not actually sure what kind of lineages I'd want to breed though. Maybe I'll look into it if I ever win (or make some plans beforehand just in case)!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2019 at 1:19 AM, BlueLatios said:

I absolutely agree with that. Though "never will" is a bit too pessimistic ;)

well when you've been around since 2011, joined every raffle you could and still have nothing to this day, i'd say my thinking is a bit more understandable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post

if i were to win a cb prize, of any kind, i'd first breed to nebulae for a couple months before opening up breeding lists, although i would definitely first, before then, send 2g prizes to people to whom i feel like i owe loads to ^^

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, FlyingDragona said:

well when you've been around since 2011, joined every raffle you could and still have nothing to this day, i'd say my thinking is a bit more understandable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seconds that.

 

I doubt I'll ever see one unless TJ relents and put them in the market.  If I do win one, you can bet Murphy will have a hand in it and it will be an unwanted tinsel.  If that happens I do have a name reserved.  Really would like to specify on raffle entry what I am entering for,  I want a shimmer not a tinsel.

 

So, just a few more hours until cookie time.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/29/2019 at 12:55 AM, FlyingDragona said:

Hard to make plans for something you believe will never happen.

This, so very much.

Share this post


Link to post

I actually think the odds of winning eventually if you enter every raffle are pretty good, although I don't have the exact maths. With 60 prizes per month forever you have an excellent chance! Don't give up!!

Share this post


Link to post

I hope the odds are good, after eight years of wanting one I would sure love to finally have that elusive CB Shimmer or Tinsel. I will keep entering the raffle and trying until it happens, however long it takes..

Edited by Dubious

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Seconds that.

 

I doubt I'll ever see one unless TJ relents and put them in the market.  If I do win one, you can bet Murphy will have a hand in it and it will be an unwanted tinsel.  If that happens I do have a name reserved.  Really would like to specify on raffle entry what I am entering for,  I want a shimmer not a tinsel.

 

So, just a few more hours until cookie time.

 

It's a little too bad you can't trade them. If I got a bronze shimmer, I'd trade it to you for a gold tinsel. I understand why trading them was disallowed, though, and what are the odds that you and I would both win prizes like that the same month? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

I actually think the odds of winning eventually if you enter every raffle are pretty good, although I don't have the exact maths. With 60 prizes per month forever you have an excellent chance! Don't give up!!

 

Actually, we did the math in the Suggestion thread about putting Prizes in the Market. If we go by the last 'official' count of active users, from 2014, it will take over 50 years for every single user to get 1 CB Prize. That doesn't seem like an excellent chance to me. But who knows, it's *possible* that every single person posting in this thread will win sometime within the next year or so... Not likely, but possible.

 

I'm curious what our new requirements will be this time. Another biome requirement? Maybe an Elemental requirement? That would be cool. 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.