Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Question for people who've won a raffle: Anyone know how long you have to 'pick up' your win? I know you don't have to get it right away if you are locked or whatever, but when does it reset or disappear? (Not that I actually think I'd win, but IF I were to win the October raffle I'd love to be able to wait until November 29th for my mom's birthday...)

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question for people who've won a raffle: Anyone know how long you have to 'pick up' your win? I know you don't have to get it right away if you are locked or whatever, but when does it reset or disappear? (Not that I actually think I'd win, but IF I were to win the October raffle I'd love to be able to wait until November 29th for my mom's birthday...)

I believe it is one month.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

You can pick up a won prize the complete month until the next raffle is drawn. It will say so on the bottom of the raffle page (if you have won) where the button to claim your prize will also be located.

(After you have picked it up it will show up as its sprite on the bottom of that page as well until the next raffle is drawn - along with the message that it is protected against sickness and can't be traded)

Almost forgot: Good luck! ;)

Edited by Soulsborne

With all the excitement about Halloween, I nearly forgot tomorrow's raffle. I know it's useless to get my hopes up but... well, I'm only human.

Question is: if I win (and it's a big if), should I take the egg immediately or wait a couple of days so I can hoard the new Halloween breed? 😝

5 minutes ago, relaks said:

With all the excitement about Halloween, I nearly forgot tomorrow's raffle. I know it's useless to get my hopes up but... well, I'm only human.

Question is: if I win (and it's a big if), should I take the egg immediately or wait a couple of days so I can hoard the new Halloween breed? 😝

From the tactical standpoint - hoard the 'weenies first. You have entire month to claim your prize, while you have 1 day to pick up CBs, and up to 2 weeks to trade/AP grab for more.

This is the second year I'm hoping for a birthday prize. Probably not gonna happen either :'D

2 hours ago, relaks said:

I would wait a few days and hoard the Halloweens as they won't be available until next year.  I love my tin but he is a pain to work with as he has only given me 3 fails and 1 no interest so far.  Good luck and I hope you win!

9 hours ago, relaks said:

Well, if you don't want as many new Halloweens as possible then there is nothing wrong with grabbing your prize immediately. I probably would... but that's mainly because for me it wouldn't make much of a difference if I get 5 or 6 of the new breed. Plus, watching your prize grow up will already feel like an eternity ;) even if you don't wait.

9 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

This is the second year I'm hoping for a birthday prize. Probably not gonna happen either :'D

Good luck to you (and all others who haven't had the joy of winning yet)! 😊

10 hours ago, relaks said:

I'm personally going to grab seven of the new halloween dragons and wait to see if I will get a prize or not. If I don't, then I'm getting my last new halloween dragon.

I mean, I know the sensible thing would be to grab as many Halloween eggs as possible. But imagine winning the Raffle and having to force yourself to wait days before taking the egg. The torture 😂

Good luck to all of you ❤️

4 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

Good luck to you (and all others who haven't had the joy of winning yet)! 😊

Haha, thank you! ❤️ That day has to come eventually ;w;

I wish the best of luck to everyone. And I hope that you remember that winning can come in multiple ways. (I'm not pushing the yay everyone is a winner, Here's your participation trophy! But you can wait around for someone to give you an award and deem you a winner, and then you might feel great, but there is generally a down fall in emotional experience shortly thereafter because that "outside validation" goes away, or feels old, and fades). You can also choose to deem yourself a winner in whatever category you choose to master or do well, by luck or work, and just remember there are several categories, and ultimately, you gotta work on that internal winning more than the pixel winning. I digress....

I hope you win lots of Halloween Pixels that you love, CB, lineaged, freezie hatchlings, zombies, etc. I hope you win a Raffle CB Prize, or I also hope you meet cool people or end up getting a low Gen Prize you love. I hope you win with reconnecting with old friends (especially those who may be around less and only poke in on Holidays), remember to love, like and appreciate your current friends, and hope you take time and meet new cool people and friends!

I hope you win by having fun in this game, and by balancing your life and having fun in both home life, work life, social life, and whatever else you do, and if you aren't where you want to be, I hope you win in finding a path to get there and win by taking it over and smashing that goal!

I hope you win by sharing, and caring, and discovering, and being creative or whatever you want to do. There are a TON of outlets for all of that stuff in this silly Get the Pixel Game, and it can be a great community. I hope you Win DC by having a good time in whatever way you want to play and enjoy, and that I hope you Win in life and always KEEP WINNING - Even when you are tired of winning - When you think you cannot take anymore winning - Just keep winning. And if you think you can't win that much, I wish you the best at winning at finding those paths and tips and tricks and hacks and ideas and social interactions and think of where you want to be, and what things might be needed to get there. Because winning in DC is Fun, and I hope you then WIN at LIFE - Because Life is what really matters.

But Pre-Good Luck to All the Raffle Winners, and don't forget to get ready for the Next Holiday, grab what you can, AND remember these raffles are ongoing, so don't take what you might view as a "loss" as something to drag you down. Because it is a Pixel, and you are still getting more chances to win in the future, and reflect upon ways you have Won, are still winning, and remember your Friends/Family, your Health, Your Holiday Season, your Joy and your Life. Never let anyone steal that from you, or if it happens, feel the emotions and then get back on the trail. You are awesome, so reward yourself as the Winner, and just Win More.

I mean, that might sound really goofy, but basically, this is pretty much what every self-help book is gonna tell you, which, honestly, I think the way these things are said are so goofy that it makes you go - You know, yah, I am winning, and I am awesome, and it may not be in ways you realize, so count what you've accomplished now, and give yourself the gift of allowing yourself to grow and find ways to nurture that growth instead of allowing it to wither and die or become stagnant.

Go Raffles, Go Holidays, Go DC, go Winning, and you are Awesome. Thanks for being a part of the Community, and thanks for being involved. We really do appreciate it. Don't think our appreciation is only reflected in Shiny dragons. Because you mean more to us than shiny pixels. You are a lot more real, although while I have my favorite dragons, and I love them, I promise I much more deeply value the people I meet here, even just in simple passing - because while the game isn't so much "real" or always "feel real" because it is internets - You are real people, and I do care and appreciate you taking your time and what you give here. Even when it is small, and much love to all of you who really keep this community spinning. You inspire others to dive in, and deeply inspire many of us that are already involved to keep doing it.

And if you have to move on to pursue more Winning - move on! Check in now and again, we will always miss you, but we want you to go be the kick awesome person you are now and are going to be! Because .... again... You Don't need a Raffle to Win. You got your Life, and you got some randomly raffled cards, and those cards are what you play and you decide if you are gonna play a hand to win, or play a hand to fold. Be awesome and life will give you more chances to win and random luck. Sometimes just moving forward and doing more going on, it rolls forward and gathers much faster.

And BTW - I love these raffles - And I enjoy that we have different ways to enter and make things interesting, but mostly, I care about the people and the community. Don't let the Raffles distract you from that. If you aren't getting what you want, let's see what we can to get you there. Even if not 100%, there are things we can do to get you close, or just as good in many ways. Just reach out, and maybe list your dreams in the Sig and Profile and Wishlist Thread.... open yourself to being honest, and see what the world and the community and the university sends in return. Just - don't expect the Universe to be your Sugar Daddy, or your Parental Christmas negotiation. But open up and see what might come. It does come!

No wait, just claim.

Can you imagine a Halloween born Prize? 😍

I'd lose my mind, but I'm also an October baby and this is my favorite holiday.

Good luck folks!!

Nope, I didn't get one this time. (oh boy, I get some cookies now!)

But thanks to the fact I spammed click myself into getting five of the new Halloween dragons from the Coast I'm set for the next raffle. :P

12 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

But thanks to the fact I spammed click myself into getting five of the new Halloween dragons from the Coast I'm set for the next raffle. :P

Same 😂 I panicked-clicked. Well, that's taken care of!

No win for me neither! I'll take those cookies. It's still Halloween, yeah? So gimme sugar!!

Thanks @Natayah for the encouraging words! We do have to remind ourselves this is just a fun game, in the end ^^

Om nom nom cookies. Sweet delicious no-win cookies.

... Congrats to those who missed out on the cookies!  :lol:

14 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

*puts on the oven for a fresh batch of "No Win Here" cookies*  :P

Yay, yummy COOKIES! 

On 2/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, Rexsaurus said:

I saw this and went to check the raffle page and saw nothing and I assumed I didn't win anything, a few minutes later I looked again and almost had a heart attack when I saw I had won a prize!

Well I almost got a 2nd heart attack because I got another prize.

Good luck to everyone for next time!

*hands the plate around*  :D

No win, natch!  Had a complete brainfart when I saw the new requirements - thought "Oooo, I should check to see if my new CB Punkins are from the Coast..." DURRRRRRRRR, no!

nothing again - didn't expect to win anyway. That's why I keep collecting as many dragons as possible, with the help of several people, and breeding PB an other lineages I like. still a lot to do, a lot to catch, a lot to breed... 😉