Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Since the news thread is closed (and I'm excited about this!) I thought I'd move discussion about the now monthly raffle here!

Thread approved by Sock. Keep it to discussion about the new system, how it'll affect trading/breeding, etc.

We want to avoid spam like just mentioning you're entered, or grouching about not winning (rant threads aren't allowed in SD).

~

So, with that in mind:

I'm kinda excited to find out what the future tasks for entering will be. This month it was very simple, just raise a couple dragons, but TJ mentioned it might change in the coming months and it might be interesting to have them be a little more difficult to achieve, to narrow down the number of entrants to more active players maybe? Good or bad thing?

Obviously they shouldn't be toooooo difficult - that was my problem with the first raffle, that it was a skill contest.

Dunno how that's gonna go but might be fun in the future!

At the moment I'm just excited to see what happens on the 31st biggrin.gif

SOON.

Nahh I don't think it should be THAT hard, TJ wouldn't be that much of a butt (like the "quests" I've seen on other petsites... the horror is real). My bet goes for hatchie freezing, or like, raising 10 adults of x breed regardless from the lineage. Something like that.

I doubt we'll go back to doing art contests like in the first raffle, but I wouldn't say the decorating was difficult. Just uncontrollable - you couldn't know in advance what kind of tree would be most liked by people. xd.png

Personally I hope to see a variety of tasks. For example some months will be simple and I'm going to finish the goal through my usual method of playing and some months I'll have to raise/freeze/breed/bite/do whatever with dragons that I wouldn't normally collect or interact with much. Having something to work towards can be fun.

SOON.

Nahh I don't think it should be THAT hard, TJ wouldn't be that much of a butt (like the "quests" I've seen on other petsites... the horror is real). My bet goes for hatchie freezing, or like, raising 10 adults of x breed regardless from the lineage. Something like that.

RIGHT? (re: other petsites)

I bet it'll just rotate between 'freeze x reasonable amount of hatchies' and stuff. Making it a certain breed of common dragon, like the holly contest might be interesting, help get some commons moving?

I mean I don't freeze things but I'd do it to enter, lol.

Having something to work towards can be fun.

YEAA DC is pretty open and doesn't really have a lot of that? Goals to work toward aside from the trophies I think'll be fun.

I think implementing a method for obtaining more prizes was an excellent addition to DC. I like that it appears to be via simple enough requirements, and as previously mentioned, I do hope that said qualifications are kept simple. Personally, any given way to re-introduce CB prizes would have been fine by me, but I particularly appreciate raffles due to the fact that just about anybody has a fair chance of winning.

I'm really happy with it! I think I said on the birthday thread already but I'll say it again, this is probably the best way TJ could have re-released the Tinsel/ShimmmerScales. They're still 'prizes', so that'll satisfy the people that thought it was important they remain so; they're going to be released slowly enough that it should keep them more-or-less rare; and we've been, imo, desperately needing more CBs in the system. Last but most important to me, I now stand a chance of getting a CB Prize on my scroll, and I'll be over the moon if I get even one, tbh.

Frankly I kind of hope that these first ones are tied to people's scrolls, in order to cut down on trading insanity a little bit. Maybe further down the line I'd be ok with trades, after more people have them, but for now... well, I definitely won't be trading mine, if I'm lucky enough to get one, I'll say that much.

Anyway, about the qualifications: I agree, I hope they're kept simple enough that anyone can make the goal by just playing normally for a couple days or something, but a little variety would be fun, too. Maybe a way to clear out some caveblockers, or something... idk. Nothing too fancy, because I definitely agree about the hoops some petsites make players jump through. No thank you to that!

I hope there will be no 'freezing' contest, because I don't really like frozen hatchlings and have none except the little tree and one or two Zombies...

I'd rather go for raising/breeding certain breeds, because of my 8th Gen PB projects.

I doubt we'll go back to doing art contests like in the first raffle, but I wouldn't say the decorating was difficult. Just uncontrollable - you couldn't know in advance what kind of tree would be most liked by people. xd.png

I hope not - it should be OBJECTIVE. It is good that there will be actual targets to do with playing the game (apparently), as I know of a few people who played the event games just for fun and were entered automatically, even though they really weren't interested.

I do hope they aren't tradeable, though.

I am very pleased about the implementation of Raffles, and I hope they're a permanent addition and won't be pulled in the future (unless a better way to distribute Tinsels and Shimmer-scales comes along).

I know it probably won't happen - but I really hope we can choose the code. Ever since the first Raffle, I wanted to win one JUST so I could get a code that I wanted. I didn't want it for Trade Fodder Offspring, I wanted the code. xd.png

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Oh yeah, I'm also hoping for at least one win so I can pick a very specific code I want laugh.gif

I'm completely with you on the code! That's all I ever wanted a prize for xd.png. Realistically though, I think it'd be too much work for TJ to have to manage all those specific code requests every month. But I can always hope!

I am so excited for this.

It would be great if we could choose a code, but it probably won't happen.

Edit: maybe one month the prize could be codes. And we can pick codes for some common /uncommon dragons. biggrin.gif

Edited by dejaentndu

I'm completely with you on the code! That's all I ever wanted a prize for xd.png. Realistically though, I think it'd be too much work for TJ to have to manage all those specific code requests every month. But I can always hope!

If he automated the raffle to make it monthly, he might as well have automated the code handling.

Good point, Ruby Eyes! I assumed he'd do them individually to make sure no one goes for anything inappropriate, but I suppose he could code it like names so certain things are automatically rejected. (But I also don't want to build my hope up too much in case the codes are just random!)

I'm sure he had an automated system for choosing a code and receiving a prize at the end of the last raffle, but apparently TJ has said that code-choosing won't be available in the new raffles. sad.gif I am Disappoint, I have so many codes I'd love to request!

Good point, Ruby Eyes! I assumed he'd do them individually to make sure no one goes for anything inappropriate, but I suppose he could code it like names so certain things are automatically rejected. (But I also don't want to build my hope up too much in case the codes are just random!)

He clearly didn't care about that when he did them manually: https://dragcave.net/lineage/DKPRC

(see CB Tinsel)

Aw damn, I want my code to finally match (Sect) sad.gif

In last raffle, could winners choose 4 letter code or only 5?

As far as I recall, only 5 was possible ever since the 5-letter ones were introduced.

(I can only speak of the last-before-last raffle though)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

In last raffle, could winners choose 4 letter code or only 5?

Five, I think. I imagine problems happened if people tried to enter a shorter code or characters other than a-z, A-Z, 0-9.

I'm pretty sure TJ has said somewhere that only 5-letter codes are possible now because of the way the codes work, but I'm not sure where I saw that.

Being able to choose a code would be nice, but I kind of figured that we wouldn't be able to with this new system. Hopefully people will get some nice codes anyway.

I hope there will be no 'freezing' contest, because I don't really like frozen hatchlings and have none except the little tree and one or two Zombies...

I'd rather go for raising/breeding certain breeds, because of my 8th Gen PB projects.

^This. I never freeze hatchlings. The only 'frozen' thing I have is my leetle tree. Don't really want to start now. :0 (I probably would release all of them if I ever had to freeze them for the raffle.)

By the way... Now that we can get platinum trophies sooo... What about Platinum Shimmers and Tinsels? :3:3

Very happy for the raffles and I hope they stay permanent ~ happy.gif

With my luck and shizzy username no way I will win this or next year rolleyes.gif

I don't think we will ever need to freeze them. Or harm any dragons in any way. It will probably only be about catching/breeding etc.

By the way... Now that we can get platinum trophies sooo... What about Platinum Shimmers and Tinsels? :3:3

ohhhhh those would be pretty! ohmy.gif

I hope we get some *^*

but yeah anyone can always abandon any dragon thing they did just for the raffle if they don't like it.