Kaini

Raffle Discussion

I do agree that every time you win, there should be a harder requirement. I won the July raffle, and I'm already at 2 dragons raised. If I don't touch my account until the last day before the raffle is drawn, I will still be able to enter unless someone viewbombs and kills all of my hatchlings before they can grow.

I had won my prize and entered the raffle right after claiming it. I would love to see the requirements raised.

35 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

@Starscream- I think that Trader Canyon would replace the need for swapping entirely. If I recall, users would be able to work to get all six breeds equally and there would be no need to swap because they could pick whichever ones they wanted instead of having an RNG choose for them.

@Fiona BlueFire- I agree that the automatic downgrade swap option would probably cause some imbalance with the breeds. That might be part of the reason why it's not something that's available now. However, I think that if we are to solve the problem of "I wanted x and I got y," it would be better to make the option automated rather than involving other winners. On that note, it would be interesting to know how many new prizes have gone unclaimed so far .and how many users are unhappy with their prize choices, but claimed them anyway.

I still think the inability to  swap/trade for the "one you want" is a superfluous concern when soooooo many users have none, but as VixenDra said, it is good to bring up raffle issues so that TJ can weigh in or consider them if he wants.

20 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Jazeki - I was thinking that with the raffles, that prizes would not be available there, but only in a swap situation. But I cannot go on with that line of thinking as its off topic here.

I do agree though, people thinking the inability to swap is petty. they should be grateful they exist at all in a manner that anyone can get them - if given time and a little luck - and still with relatively easy requirements. I would agree that winners should have a slightly harder requirement such as raise 4 or 5 dragons etc. a month.

All this. What might work would be having the store as well, so that those who get one prize could save up and match that prize from there.

7 hours ago, InugamiZERO said:

no win for me and I've already entered this month's raffle

Same, but then I wasn't hoping for much. ;w; SAD

I agree with @Peachycupcake525 (and anyone else who said something similar; I'm too tired to skim through the thread). I love that the raffles have come back and are easy to enter, but there are only so many winners each month. Despite how gorgeous PB Prize lineages would be, it would be nice to see the CBs spread around a bit first. I still don't think it should be overly difficult for past winners to enter though. Everyone deserves a shot at winning if they put in the effort to meet the requirements.

To the lucky people who won this month, do any of you have names or future mates in mind yet?

Edited by The Dragoness

46 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

When I suggested the downgrade swap or store/T.C. options,I was going by the idea that prizes would be available in both that capacity and raffle (so if you miss one, you still have the other option). I was also envisioning the downgrade option only being available on the winner page, but having only it available in the store too (and no actual prize dragons) would work.  I think I'll go give that thread a poke for clarification.  Either way, I think that winners should only be able to downgrade prizes if that comes to pass.

Okay, so a similar line of thinking. Thanks for clarifying.

Congrats to the latest winners, I already entered so maybe August (20xx)will do the trick ;) 

I have a silver western to join my gold eastern now. I haven't been paying attention to how easy they are to get but are a lot of people getting them or is this just dumb luck?

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

After all these years, I still do not have a "CB" prize of any kind. This raffle gives me hope. I know it's nearly impossible, but maybe, just maybe.

8 hours ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

I have a silver western to join my gold eastern now. I haven't been paying attention to how easy they are to get but are a lot of people getting them or is this just dumb luck?

It's probably luck. Though you seem to be one of many posters who have won more than one raffle--so you may all share some strange raffle-winner luck pool.:lol:

How are so many people getting two though??? I honestly do think the requirements should be higher after you win, or something. Spread them around a little. Not impossible, I wouldn't want to exclude past winners entirely, but...

2 minutes ago, Kaini said:

How are so many people getting two though??? I honestly do think the requirements should be higher after you win, or something. Spread them around a little. Not impossible, I wouldn't want to exclude past winners entirely, but...

It's random. That's life. It's also what means I will never win :D Random hates me.

The thing is, changing the requirements for entry doesn't change their chance of winning once entered. In order to affect a previous winner's chance of winning you would have to make the entry so difficult that most would fail to enter, which doesn't seem at all fair. So, since just upping their requirement to enter a bit doesn't really change anything in the long run, why change it at all? Just pat the lucky ones on the back. :) Maybe it will rub off.

*rubs Wookie's head hopefully*

Well, random also generally hates me and I got one, so maybe you'll get lucky!

Edited by Peachycupcake525

11 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

To the lucky people who won this month, do any of you have names or future mates in mind yet?

Name and mate (singular) is in mind. I won't be breeding it out to just anyone and to just anything (don't ask). Hopefully its mate accepts - otherwise I'll just mothball it and hope for another chance.

Don't forget to use Fertility on it then, as that will decrease the chance of refusal. And good luck! (though you seem to be doing just fine there. lol)

2 minutes ago, Fiona BlueFire said:

Don't forget to use Fertility on it then, as that will decrease the chance of refusal. And good luck! (though you seem to be doing just fine there. lol)

Fertility on which one, both or just the one? I'm planning on pairing it to my GON STARS (Lord Starscream) As for luck, I totally forgot about the raffle until I found the email. I was doing a move this past month... weird manner of luck and unluck this month.

Edited by Starscream

2 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Fertility on which one, both or just the one? I'm planning on pairing it to my GON STARS (Lord Starscream) As for luck, I totally forgot about the raffle until I found the email. I was doing a move this past month... weird manner of luck and unluck this month.

You should only have to use it on one of them, and I don't think it matters which.

That's right, use it on either of the pair. It doesn't matter which one, and using it on both is a waste of a Fertility as it only helps once per pair.

15 hours ago, Riverwillows said:

After all these years, I still do not have a "CB" prize of any kind. This raffle gives me hope. I know it's nearly impossible, but maybe, just maybe.

I used to be in the same boat... And then I won :o

I can tell you one thing: after all these years, I didn't really think it would happen anymore, so I was woefully unprepared.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. Just, kind of in shock? And very happy. ^_^

But, after all this time, are 2nd gens even valuable anymore? I have trouble trading my third gens, even when I ask for something common.

3rd gens - not specially. Second gens - well I paid a lot for one. But I do hate this valuation thing. I have 2 seconds - one I "paid" for and one was a gift... If I ever won, I'd gift - but not to people who asked, so in case someone now decides to stalk me till I win (yeah RIGHT !) - don't bother ;)

20 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Since this is my first Prize Dragon, she's not going to have a single mate. Her name is going to be Peeling Banana, a joke when someone on Discord told me not to peek at her gender instead of peek XD

5 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

3rd gens - not specially. Second gens - well I paid a lot for one. But I do hate this valuation thing. I have 2 seconds - one I "paid" for and one was a gift... If I ever won, I'd gift - but not to people who asked, so in case someone now decides to stalk me till I win (yeah RIGHT !) - don't bother ;)

I think I'll do the same if I ever get that lucky, Fuzzy me luv. I spent so many bummed hours when I saw how greedy everyone was with their new prizes, and I'd get snarky replies when I approached with a really decent offer otherwise. I will not do that.

But yeah, being hounded with gimmie gimmie is upsetting. I'd probably just gift randomly, OR if anyone on my freebies list asked nicely.  Besides, other than CB gold or silvers, or the occasional holiday deal, there's not much I want or need. My scroll is pretty much complete.