Jump to content
Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

No, prizes are not trade-able.

 

 

**** That. unpractical. disappoint. bummer. is...

 

Could be at least swappable - do I recall right they were made untreadable because of riddiculus trading offers, trading beggars, and multis only? If they were tradeable but only if there was another CB prize on the other end of the teleport(or they got their own non-BSA limited-trading=swapping system), both problems would stay solved while letting the winners have some minimum of a choice ability and stuff:P Either for PBs like I would try or due to the breed preference (I've seen sb who hates Tinsels but loves Shimmers to the bone xD)

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

 

**** That. unpractical. disappoint. bummer. is...

 

Could be at least swappable - do I recall right they were made untreadable because of riddiculus trading offers, trading beggars, and multis only? If they were tradeable but only if there was another CB prize on the other end of the teleport(or they got their own non-BSA limited-trading=swapping system), both problems would stay solved while letting the winners have some minimum of a choice ability and stuff:P Either for PBs like I would try or due to the breed preference (I've seen sb who hates Tinsels but loves Shimmers to the bone xD)

I actually prefer it if they were non-tradable. It prevents users from multi-scrolling. If you don't like the prize you get, you can always not claim it. Simple as that.

 

Also, I'm really happy that I won! I consider it as a late birthday gift~ 

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dalek Raptor said:

I actually prefer it if they were non-tradable. It prevents users from multi-scrolling. If you don't like the prize you get, you can always not claim it. Simple as that.

 

And end up with maybe none forever?:P who of those who really want that trading power do that (I don't want the trading power, I have another once a year thanks to my limited goalsxD) As for multi-scrolling, that would still not work for them if CB prizes were made SWAPPABBLE only:) Because their main account wouldn't have one even if their multi won anyway then, but if sb wins one can swap with another winner only if they manage to find a legit swapping partner. And even if a multi won on several accounts at once, including the main, they'd still be unable to end up with more than 1 they won on the main:P

Share this post


Link to post

My cat woke me up at 4 in the morning, and I checked my phone and was surprised to see I actually won something! I'm usually extremely unlucky, but I guess not today. Congrats to all the other winners!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

 

And end up with maybe none forever?:P who of those who really want that trading power do that (I don't want the trading power, I have another once a year thanks to my limited goalsxD) As for multi-scrolling, that would still not work for them if CB prizes were made SWAPPABBLE only:) Because their main account wouldn't have one even if their multi won anyway then, but if sb wins one can swap with another winner only if they manage to find a legit swapping partner. And even if a multi won on several accounts at once, including the main, they'd still be unable to end up with more than 1 they won on the main:P

Well that's the way the world works sometimes. I don't think prizes should be swappable either way because it would create drama and I know a good few people who would want to have a silver more than gold or bronze. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

And end up with maybe none forever?

Wasn't your original issue with possibly getting a 3rd one? :lol: That's slightly more than "none forever"!

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Well that's the way the world works sometimes. I don't think prizes should be swappable either way because it would create drama and I know a good few people who would want to have a silver more than gold or bronze. 

 

It's a game though:P

And why should they be denied it from the technical standpoint? Different thing is when you don't get the trade, or here a swap, because you're havign a bad attitude of some sort and nobody wants to deal with you or simply noone has what you wish to swap for and is interested at all, another when you technically have no way to do it no matter what. DC feels too much of a limit&control freak - unswappable CB Prizes, untradeable Zombies, GoNs, adults, unpractical description approval process (that led to a severe backlog), too strict breed limits (holidays, GoNs), no direct trading system within the game, no in-game messages, hardly any new spriters released and much more of quite a variety, all supposedly to prevent drama, abuse or, in practise, a free gameplay^^;

You don't know if it would indeed cause drama if CB Prize swaps were possible... the initial trading prevention introduced in the last(?) holiday raffle (not to mention the sudden dissapearance of raffles without notice, Valentines 2017 etc.) very likely caused much more of a drama than swapability ever would(it simply doesn't have even half of a drama potential than MANY things actually present or implemented on DC):P Drama is proabbly the last thing that has been ever avoided on DC anyway XD 

Since CB Prize swapability would not have any impact on multiscrolling(for it would still give no benefit of one won ona sideaccount), I honestly can't see anything wrong in making it technically possible... Why players must be SO limited on DC in everything?

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Wasn't your original issue with possibly getting a 3rd one? :lol: That's slightly more than "none forever"!

 

It's just one of the unlikely possibilties in both cases, since it's all based on sheer luck it technically is possible to happen(but it's still more likely one won't win even once, not to mention more than once and same Prize in a row):P after probably years, but well... some people get their first GoN after years of summoning attempts, some on the 1st-3rd try (like my bf) :P And with the GoNs you're not even competing with other players:P 

And I don't really have an original issue when I discuss such things, I'm an INTP and tend to balance out and stand for the other side of things (the one others around me can't see or ignore or disagree with or are in a majority). That's more or less how my mind works (not to mention great difficulties in explaining things to those who don't know as 'much' as I do about the given idea)

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I actually prefer it if they were non-tradable. It prevents users from multi-scrolling. If you don't like the prize you get, you can always not claim it. Simple as that.

 

 

This so much. I PRAY they remain completely untradeable. They always were, after all. The chances of getting anything at all are so much higher now. Let's please not have ANYTHING else in the trading equation that can led to inflation and other such rubbish.

 

I haven't won; on past form in life I never will - but I still want to see them stay untradeable, ungiftable and the rest. TJ has hugely increased our chances. Can people never be satisfied ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post

Fuzz, maybe your memory is failing? Because they were originally trade-able, which lead to extreme harassment for one person whose friend didn't want to play and gifted/traded him the CB prize they won. I can't remember if he already had a CB prize he won himself or then won outright the next year but the backlash was terrible. Then there was Luckiest Catch, who was fished out of the AP by an exceptionally lucky person.

 

Long story short, the users themselves are the driving force behind them being untradeable because of past experiences. It was ugly. Let's not go there again.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

 

This so much. I PRAY they remain completely untradeable. They always were, after all. The chances of getting anything at all are so much higher now. Let's please not have ANYTHING else in the trading equation that can led to inflation and other such rubbish.

 

I haven't won; on past form in life I never will - but I still want to see them stay untradeable, ungiftable and the rest. TJ has hugely increased our chances. Can people never be satisfied ?

 

Point is I don't mean tradeable (as other stiff is tradeable on DC) but SWAPable only (why people NEVER stick to what I'm suggesting when they\re reffering to what I suggested, and simply create problems unrelated to how I suggest things?xD) - CB Prize being able to change scrolls only if a CB Prize is put in exchange on the other end of the "limited 'trade'"(SWAP), 1:1 only (reinforced from the system). This way multi-scrollers woudl still be unable to transfer sth won on a side account to anywhere for anything other than another CB Prize, also trades such as CB Prize for *insert sth riddiculusly bulky here* woudl be still impossible because the swap system would simply not allow anything than 1 CB Prize to 1 CB Prize. Nothing you fear would be enabled by a technical ability to Prize SWAP as I'm suggesting it - unlike regular full tradeability.

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Darn, Kaini, I was hoping you'd get your birthday prize! Nothing for me either, but it wasn't my birthday month. =p

 

Aha well, there's always the end of August... I would still consider that a birthday dragon lol.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

 

Point is I don't mean tradeable (as other stiff is tradeable on DC) but SWAPable only (why people NEVER stick to what I'm suggesting when they\re reffering to what I suggested, and simply create problems unrelated to how I suggest things?xD) - CB Prize being able to change scrolls only if a CB Prize is put in exchange on the other end of the "limited 'trade'"(SWAP), 1:1 only (reinforced from the system). This way multi-scrollers woudl still be unable to transfer sth won on a side account to anywhere for anything other than another CB Prize, also trades such as CB Prize for *insert sth riddiculusly bulky here* woudl be still impossible because the swap system would simply not allow anything than 1 CB Prize to 1 CB Prize. Nothing you fear would be enabled by a technical ability to Prize SWAP as I'm suggesting it - unlike regular full tradeability.

The point people are trying to make in response is that CB prizes are currently locked to scrolls and cannot even be abandoned to the AP. Not tradeable means once you have it it is yours. Swapping for a different egg of the same breed but different color is still trading. People are saying they don't want that.

 

ETA: My birthday is in September. My chances of getting anything shiny for my birthday are slim to none, but it would be fun. On the other hand, I did manage to summon my  3rd GoN  three days before my birthday three years ago.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Fiona BlueFire said:

The point people are trying to make in response is that CB prizes are currently locked to scrolls and cannot even be abandoned to the AP. Not tradeable means once you have it it is yours. Swapping for a different egg of the same breed but different color is still trading. People are saying they don't want that.

Some don't some think I'm suggesting regular tradeability. Such limited 'trading' works completely differently in terms of options, abuse or any other consequences. Most of all it doesn't give benefits to multiscrollers and doesn't even allow people who haven't just won a CB prize too at the same day to even try to trade. No numbers are changing, who didn't won still can't get one, etc.

Also if some people can't live without hating why all the rest must suffer?

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think it's a matter of hating. They just have a different vision than you do.

 

I completely understand why you want to be able to swap. Your purebred pairings are the way you play. In the normal course of events I'd rather see you get your wish. I just think overall keeping CB prizes locked to scrolls is the best way to go with these. CB prizes on the whole are still too scarce. Giving the option of swapping one CB prize for any other CB prize could and probably would lead to some people pressuring others to swap, even when they didn't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Some don't some think I'm suggesting regular tradeability. Such limited 'trading' works completely differently in terms of options, abuse or any other consequences. Most of all it doesn't give benefits to multiscrollers and doesn't even allow people who haven't just won a CB prize too at the same day to even try to trade. No numbers are changing, who didn't won still can't get one, etc.

Also if some people can't live without hating why all the rest must suffer?

i like this suggestion. cb prize for cb prize. lets say someone gets a bronze tinsel but really wants a gold shimmer. if someone is willing to swap with them then they should be able to.

Share this post


Link to post

But then like Fi said, if someone won a bronze tinsel but wanted a silver Shimmerscale, they're going to pressure users who won a silver Shimmerscale to trade for theirs. I can see how it could cause massive amounts of drama that Person A is forcing Person B to do a prize swap. I don't see how any good could come out of Prize Swapping unless people are 100% chill with respecting others about it. I know for a fact if I ever won another prize and this was implemented, I would never crow about winning another prize ever again until it grew up

Share this post


Link to post

I agree on not wanting them tradeable. It's just kinda iffy and a lil... shady. Like you win a free car and then you go out and sell it for $15,000. Could have just let someone who actually wanted the car win it instead of stealing that chance from somebody. Like, in general, I don't mind if I gift someone and they decide they can use it to get something else they want more, but that's not a completely free thing they took from others to use for their own gain - it's something I freely gave them to do with what they wanted.

 

I wouldn't mind if they could be swapped, but that's a very small market, it might not be a simple code, and I'm not bothered if TJ doesn't want to take the time to do that.

 

I'm even iffy on allowing them to be gifted because of the IOU potential people might try with them.

 

However, you can still abandon prizes, which I'm fine with. Then if you really didn't want it, you could abandon it to the world so at least someone who enjoys it might pick it up.

Share this post


Link to post

I have also been thinking about whether or not a swapping option would be a good thing. If someone who prefers Tinsels won a Shimmer and someone who prefers Shimmers won a Tinsel, they could swap and they would both be happier, nobody else would be affected, and it wouldn't help multiscrollers at all.

 

 

On the other hand, that option might make winning a little more stressful because you'd have to decide whether or not you want to trade, you'd have to find someone who wants to trade (so you probably have to make public that you won as soon as you get your egg), and what if too many people want to trade with you and you have to choose one...

Maybe it's better not to have to think about it? - Probably not a valid argument when you're stress-resistant, but I'm sure it's relevant for some of us.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

But then like Fi said, if someone won a bronze tinsel but wanted a silver Shimmerscale, they're going to pressure users who won a silver Shimmerscale to trade for theirs. I can see how it could cause massive amounts of drama that Person A is forcing Person B to do a prize swap. I don't see how any good could come out of Prize Swapping unless people are 100% chill with respecting others about it. I know for a fact if I ever won another prize and this was implemented, I would never crow about winning another prize ever again until it grew up

Such cases are what a block user feature was invented for (and is available on the Forums here too, right?) :)  Just use it if needed and problem with the given user stops^^

Share this post


Link to post

Congrats to all winners! Like many others, was hoping for a birthday win. I see we've got a lotta Leos in the house!

Share this post


Link to post

I'd rather them not be swappable, either. I mean, I prefer some color prizes over others, but the idea is to give as many people a chance to get them as possible (some have even gotten multiples by now). It's better than no one getting any. It also cuts down on trades falling through or users asking "why didn't you trade with me?" You can also do lineage swaps with the hundreds of other prize owners if you want. 

 

Plus, I dunno, I feel like having a "swap option" but not a trade or a gift option increases the focus of the "exclusivity" of prizes--you can only have your chance at it if you have a different CB prize on hand. To me, it's a first world problem. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Well this was a surprise. Just checked the raffle because it came to mind and thought 'Eh, why not?' 

Was not actually expecting to have won. :0

Oh, this has made my day! I'm so happy. ^-^ Congrats to the other winners as well, and good luck to everyone else next time around!

And thank you so much, TJ, for this; I've always wanted a CB prize. :D

 

(There also seems to be a lot of mentions of birthdays so Happy Birthday to everyone that has had/ having one around this time! Best wishes to y'all! <3)

Share this post


Link to post

Congratulations to all the winners reporting in! Also, happy birthday to all you July folk. :) May we all share your birthday luck in future months. xP

 

No win for me, alas. I WILL PERSEVERE.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.