Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Same, honestly. I was offering a CB Gold + 2 CB Silvers for a 2g prize of my choice, and only got offers from two new winners--so new, in fact, that I turned them down because I wasn't sure they understood just what a commitment Prize breeding can be.

Figures that I have more luck getting them with random mishmash then with three of the caves rarest dragons. rolleyes.gif

I'm guessing by that you mean the breeding ratios? xd.png Just looking at my own prizes and their offspring, I can see the Prize breeding rate is...."fun", to say the least.

Still, while I can understand why you turned them down (especially for such valuable eggs), I do admit I'm a bit worried that, with the new Prizes, there might be some prejudice against their 2nd gens because they are new >.> I haven't seen it, but still...

BTW, might it be a good idea to link the Guide for new prize owners here?

Edited by CharonDusk

Didn't win anything - not that I expected it. But the next raffle ends on my birthday, so hopefully I'll have some birthday luck... cool.gif

I'm guessing by that you mean the breeding ratios? xd.png Just looking at my own prizes and their offspring, I can see the Prize breeding rate is...."fun", to say the least.

Still, while I can understand why you turned them down (especially for such valuable eggs), I do admit I'm a bit worried that, with the new Prizes, there might be some prejudice against their 2nd gens because they are new >.> I haven't seen it, but still...

BTW, might it be a good idea to link the Guide for new prize owners here?

A 2g prize is a 2g prize, I think they're all the same x'D

And yes, it was ratios. I've had a few people who owe me 2g prizes go inactive presumably because they didn't realize what a long time it could take and weren't ready for it. So I only trade with people who are experienced, active, and have short lists.

Maybe next month smile.gif

Psss.. new prize owners... check out the sig wink.gif

Edited by jcunit

No win for me, but congrats to those that did win! happy.gif *tosses confetti for the winners*

Congrats winners! I'm loving how so many more peeps are getting the "I won? I won!" feelz. Any new female Silver Tin owners, I'm always open for kinswaps *winkwinknudgenudge* biggrin.gif

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Grats to the new winners! Hoping to see more silver tinsel males...Tango needs more CB silver tin friends!

Nada, dang. But apparently I've already got my 3 adults to enter the next one. I'm starting to think we're not gonna have different entry goals, that it's more of a "are you an active user" check than an entry task.

TJ said it was "Coming Soon". I'd just practice some patience. He also had a lot of other "Coming Soon" features to work on, as well as the monthly release and his job and meatspace life. ;p We probably won't see different requirements for a few months. I'd consider that one of the lower priority changes that TJ announced. o3o

My first two new hybrids just grew up. Now my raffle page says "Entry Requirements Raise 1/3 adult dragons". I expected it to be "Raise 2/3 adult dragons" because it was 0/3 before (so the first number is what we already have, not what we need), and I just raised two. Am I mistaken?

(I'm not really worried because I'll definitely raise more than 3 dragons before the next raffle, I'm just wondering what happened here.)

Hm, did the hybrids grow up at the same time, both on the same date on their view page?

I definitely agree with your logic, so I'm not sure what else could have happened. o.O

~

Congrats winners that have stepped forward in this thread! Cool to see a forum name I recognize among the winners. It always makes you feel happier when someone you know wins. xP

I didn't win this time either, but congratulations to those who did! It must be so exciting. smile.gif

Grats to the new winners! Hoping to see more silver tinsel males...Tango needs more CB silver tin friends!

Mine precog'd male, so I'm going to keep him that way.

I'm really happy with the new raffle system, it makes CB prizes feel a lot more obtainable and it's nice to see people actually getting them. I have good faith that it'll help even out the trading market a bit more over time too. I haven't got one yet, but congrats to all the winners so far and good luck for all of us next time.

I actually forgot the raffle was drawn today - didn't win but congrats to everyone who did! biggrin.gif

Hm, did the hybrids grow up at the same time, both on the same date on their view page?

I definitely agree with your logic, so I'm not sure what else could have happened. o.O

They (1, 2) may even have grown up at the exact same time (when I refreshed my dragons page). Maybe that could have caused sort of a glitch? If both instances of "a dragon has grown up" tried to increase my "raised dragons" count at the exact same time, it might have been updated from 0 to 1 both times.

(I don't think this should be technically possible, but I've never worked with a system that constantly has to deal with thousands and thousands of dragons and clicks and views, where it's probably impossible to do one database update after the other.)

Or maybe there's a simpler explanation that I just haven't thought of yet.

Anyway even if it was a glitch it probably won't be a big problem for anyone.

(Meanwhile more dragons grew up on my scroll, so I'm at 3/3 and have already entered the new raffle.)

Mine precog'd male, so I'm going to keep him that way.

I feel like a total newb and all but... what's precog mean?

I was once active on the forums for trading purposes for tinsels and shimmerscales, but never on anything else, so I may be very ignorant in asking... was it ever announced how many winners there would be? o.o I dunno if I saw anyone else say they got gold tinsel. I'm only 99.9% positive mine is so. I'm staring at it now since I just got home from work and was only able to look briefly at 5 in the morning...

I figured it was like 50 people got selected with random colors between the two prize dragons breeds.

Should... should I influence the gender? Is there a preference?

I feel like a total newb and all but... what's precog mean?

I was once active on the forums for trading purposes for tinsels and shimmerscales, but never on anything else, so I may be very ignorant in asking... was it ever announced how many winners there would be? o.o I dunno if I saw anyone else say they got gold tinsel. I'm only 99.9% positive mine is so. I'm staring at it now since I just got home from work and was only able to look briefly at 5 in the morning...

I figured it was like 50 people got selected with random colors between the two prize dragons breeds.

Should... should I influence the gender? Is there a preference?

Precog is an abbreviation for Precognition, which is the Aeon Wyvern's BSA for telling what gender your dragon will be when it grows up. There's 60 winners selected every month, it's mentioned on the DC raffle entry page. There are less winners for Gold Tinsels and Shimmers in comparison to Silvers and Bronzes. To be precise, there's 10 winners of Gold Tinsels/Shims, 20 of Silver Tins/Shims and 30 of the Bronze variants.

As for choosing whether to influence or not, I suppose it would depend on which sprites you prefer to breed your dragon with. If you like the female sprites of DC breeds more, then you could influence your prize male, and vice-versa. ^^ Either way, congrats!

Thank you for the info, andromedae! I guess I did read that right the first time looking at the entry page, but didn't know it was broken down like that. ^^;

I also did not know of this BSA. I need to catch up. It's an awesome BSA! Also no idea that genders would be decided before even the hatching stage lol

I've been on DC from almost its beginning and know next to nothing. smile.gif

And it has been foretold that the tinsel will be male... unless I change it. Decisions, decisions. Wish I knew which gender is best for future G2 breeding trades! >.> <.<

Edited by Ixi

It's hard to get G2 trades either way. You should do what you like the best smile.gif

Most people have a list a mile long and it can take awhile to get an egg. Especially if it's a common. Oh the pain of common breedings...

My personal suggestion is breed vrs a rare or holiday for the first two eggs and trade for CB gold or silver if you don't already have them. Barring that, neglected. Basically, get the big trade value items out of the way and on your scroll, then go have fun with it!

Edited by Vhale

My personal suggestion is breed vrs a rare or holiday for the first two eggs and trade for CB gold or silver if you don't already have them. Barring that, neglected. Basically, get the big trade value items out of the way and on your scroll, then go have fun with it!

Yeah, I only considered breeding to the holidays since I like the chance of that xd.png But I get why people may want to have a lineage with commons. Tougher to breed.

Actually, I just really want a female neglected, preferably CB. I got my one neglected by luck, non-CB (sad about that) but any is better than none at that point xd.png

Only thing on my WL besides low-gen things, but those can wait for me smile.gif I just always wanted a male and female of all, then maybe a hatchling. And I got CB golds and silvers back when they were easier to get lol

Neglected is now top priority >.> <.< then breeding for gifts.

I just want to comment on the gender thing for your gold tinsel, Ixi. I doubt you know this, but there may not be a single other breeding male gold tinsel out there anymore. I've looked for years for a mate for her without success.

So, if you leave yours male it would in fact quite unique. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is up to you, of course.

I just want to comment on the gender thing for your gold tinsel, Ixi. I doubt you know this, but there may not be a single other breeding male gold tinsel out there anymore. I've looked for years for a mate for her without success.

So, if you leave yours male it would in fact quite unique. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is up to you, of course.

What about Snape?

I'll add that (butts) is also a Male Gold Tinsel that still breeds.