Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Sadly what this means for my ability to trade off offspring for good stuff (again do not send me ious!) Seems kinda...sad and disheartening.

I had this exact thought when I saw that I won as well. I think the days of insane trades though are slowly going to end. Which is a good thing in my opinion. Neglecteds, CB golds/silvers, 2nd gen prizes have basically been impossible to get and while my chances of trading for one of those has greatly increased, its not going to be a shower of those trades. Maybe it will, who knows.

But I'm really sad to see your first "sad" reaction. Trades have been skewed for SO long and this may finally take us back to a more sensible trade environment where everyone can offer and trade good stuff for other good stuff. Prizes are NOT the only good stuff - but pretty prize eggs will always do well, just as pretty gold ones do.

I definitely agree! Probably with the exception of 2nd gen Hollys and Neglecteds I don't see the insane trades happening as much anymore. It'll take time for the "market" to get more 2nd gen prizes but overall I think this is a good way to fix some of the trade madness.

Are any other winners flailing around because you don't know whether to influence your prize's gender one way or the other? Because I am waffling so hard over here its starting to smell like maple syrup. I've also been showing my non-DC user artist friend to help me pick mates based on aesthetics lol, she thinks I'm nuts. biggrin.gif

Sadly what this means for my ability to trade off offspring for good stuff (again do not send me ious!) Seems kinda...sad and disheartening.

I was actually wondering if, with the new blood, so to speak, that it might make the new 2gs worth the same as the old 2gs, and still be very tradable as far a "good stuff" goes...I guess time will tell.

Are any other winners flailing around because you don't know whether to influence your prize's gender one way or the other? Because I am waffling so hard over here its starting to smell like maple syrup. I've also been showing my non-DC user artist friend to help me pick mates based on aesthetics lol, she thinks I'm nuts. biggrin.gif

i initially had the same uncertainty about my dragon's gender, but then decided to check what it was with precognition, and have decided to let it remain male. not much idea on mates yet. still in a state of shock at having won something smile.gif

This may be only my personal opinion, but people are still going to want offspring from the old TinShims with the cool codes, so 2nd Gens from them still may be worth something even with more Prizes added into the pool. \_(ツ)_/¯

That really made me laugh lol. I wanted to avoid this and influenced mine male immediately. No turning back now.

I too am curious how these raffles will affect the trade market over time. I've got my fingers crossed my prize can help me achieve two longtime goals.

I havent noticed any extra page views? Grabbed a few commons (spirit wards) cB and for 4 hours (until I added to aond) they sat with just my view counted? Ive announced on both here and in DC chat as well as having my scroll linked and name viewable on my egg pages. Also havent been inundated with any people begging/offering trades for future babies (not that I want any)

Anyways I think people are being respectful this time knowing that end of june (rather than a full year) may see them with their very own CB prize. Sadly what this means for my ability to trade off offspring for good stuff (again do not send me ious!) Seems kinda...sad and disheartening.

First off, congratulations to all the winners!

Uh... you're a fan of Spirit Wards? Yay!! I so seldom see people saying that. It makes me a little tiny bit sad. But I'm glad to see there are people who like them.

I'm also glad to see that people are being more respectful toward the winners. I had already decided not to PM any of them myself but to be patient and wait for them to post trades. I do totally want 2nd gens from prizes. So if you're looking for, say... 2nd gens from Spriter Alt Shadow Walkers... just so you know. That pretty baby is still going to get you some good possibilities.

I like Spirit Wards - if only they were more glowy when *I'm* awake to see it xd.png

Mostly, I'm hoping that the fresh Prize blood increases my chances to get mates for some of my dragons. Especially the easterny types! laugh.gif

Congratulations for the lucky winners, I'm so happy that you're happy about your prizes! Having monthly raffles now is so exciting, I wish everyone luck for the next one! It's definitely neat that the raffle has some kind of a task to do as well.

Not me. xd.png I won a Silver Tinsel (amazingly. How did that even happen?!), and that influence Female button was hit so fast, the egg barely had time to make it to my scroll and settle down.

I feel like male mates would be more fun with it. Plus there's a lot of holiday options I'd love to see. Aegises, mutamores, marrows, witchlights, snows ...a holly...

pity about graves, rosebuds, and solstices but that's still 3 to 6 so oh well.

I influenced my gold shimmer to male straight away for no reason. I just had a name in mind that would be perfect for him! :3

But I'm glad that everyone's enjoying their prizes and everyone is excited for the next raffle. I can't wait to see all the new lineages created with these beautiful prizes!

First of all, if any of you Gold Tinsel winners are influencing/gendering your prizes male, I love you forever! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Also,

This may be only my personal opinion, but people are still going to want offspring from the old TinShims with the cool codes, so 2nd Gens from them still may be worth something even with more Prizes added into the pool. \_(ツ)_/¯
I agree with this. I've never really understood why some people felt that their prizes were less special once more of them were given out (how are you ever going to build lineages, especially checkers, if there are no new prizes!? the more the merrier, I think). Hopefully the fact that the codes will still be unique to the old raffles is a good balance for them, too, and everyone will be happy-ish with the new system.

I finished updating my Monthly Raffles guide here. You can post it to the front post now.

Any edits need to it? Or suggested additions?

Edit: Wrong words. And forgot to say a thing,

Edited by Shokomon

Big Congrats to all new winners!!

May they bring you happiness, and, well, lots of babies.

Does anyone know if the raffle status message is different for 'you didn't win' vs 'you didn't participate'?

First of all, if any of you Gold Tinsel winners are influencing/gendering your prizes male, I love you forever! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Also, I agree with this. I've never really understood why some people felt that their prizes were less special once more of them were given out (how are you ever going to build lineages, especially checkers, if there are no new prizes!? the more the merrier, I think). Hopefully the fact that the codes will still be unique to the old raffles is a good balance for them, too, and everyone will be happy-ish with the new system.

I'm in the pool for Male silver tins! smile.gif

I do hope the oldies will stick around popular for their codes or old times sake, originals.

. Sadly what this means for my ability to trade off offspring for good stuff (again do not send me ious!) Seems kinda...sad and disheartening.

I wouldn't worry about that. I am sure these new ones will breed just as well or as badly as the older ones. I don't think we are about to b inundated with gen 2 shinies. Trades will eventually settle, but for now, you can still get good stuff.

Congrats to all the winners! I do wish you luck in breeding

Edited by ainisarie

Also, I agree with this. I've never really understood why some people felt that their prizes were less special once more of them were given out (how are you ever going to build lineages, especially checkers, if there are no new prizes!? the more the merrier, I think). Hopefully the fact that the codes will still be unique to the old raffles is a good balance for them, too, and everyone will be happy-ish with the new system.

Ah, well, my egg isn't a Gold Tinsel, but it is a Silver Tinsel! For some reason, I had my heart set on influencing it to be male. Probably because I plan on his soul-mate being my first ever dragon, who was a female Tanger. <3

But either way, more Tinsel-bros!

Edited by 20mia08

How is my bronze tinsel sick? It says on the raffle page they're protected from sickness.

How is my bronze tinsel sick? It says on the raffle page they're protected from sickness.

Technically, they're just protected from dying from sickness - like Ward, just more durable.

Technically, they're just protected from dying from sickness - like Ward, just more durable.

They really oughta word that better then.

I love more of the male poses so I totally went with female for mine when I got her. It is a shame they are so hard to breed with commons though.

Big Congrats to all new winners!!

May they bring you happiness, and, well, lots of babies.

Does anyone know if the raffle status message is different for 'you didn't win' vs 'you didn't participate'?

I didn't​ win and it gives a sort of raffle history at the bottom of the entry page. So I suppose if you didn't enter for May, it doesn't show your results there.

I wonder if there is a cap for how many times you can win. Also, I'm glad that there seems to be no overwhelming sense of ill will towards raffles or winners this time around.

Soooo, I have a question, because I'm a bit cautious...

My Silver Tinsel hatched (named him [he's precog'd male] Tango Down), and on the Raffle Page it says that eggs are protected from sickness. Does that mean that my poor guy can get sick and then die, now that he's a hatchling? Or will he remain protected?

Previously they've been protected throughout their growth phases - I doubt it'd be different this time!

Soooo, I have a question, because I'm a bit cautious...

My Silver Tinsel hatched (named him [he's precog'd male] Tango Down), and on the Raffle Page it says that eggs are protected from sickness. Does that mean that my poor guy can get sick and then die, now that he's a hatchling? Or will he remain protected?

He should be okay, there's only 1 Prize dragon that ever died of sickness and TJ revived it.

They should behave like TJ's eggs that he posts whenever there's a new release, they'll have the sickness message but nothing will ever happen because of it. tbh I feel kinda bad for the little guys, imagine spending your entire childhood severely ill.

He should be okay, there's only 1 Prize dragon that ever died of sickness and TJ revived it.

They should behave like TJ's eggs that he posts whenever there's a new release, they'll have the sickness message but nothing will ever happen because of it. tbh I feel kinda bad for the little guys, imagine spending your entire childhood severely ill.

I couldn't help but imagine myself being sick all the time throughout childhood! That would be terrible being sick in bed all the time.

My silly hatchling got sick but out of habit and feeling bad for it, I fogged it and made sure he got better. smile.gif

Plus I was unsure if he would die if I left him sick xd.png