Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Nothing for me this round, grats everyone :)

Feb's tasks should be easy enough.

No cookies for me this time, but that's OK, maybe next month! I was kinda hoping for a mate for Amadore, but meh :D 

Congrats to the winners!

17 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

I actually think the odds of winning eventually if you enter every raffle are pretty good, although I don't have the exact maths. With 60 prizes per month forever you have an excellent chance! Don't give up!!

As far as I know, there are literally more than ten thousand active players. That means that the odds are better than the lottery - but still far from great. If we assume there are twelve thousand active players (because it divides so nicely), it would still take 200 months for everyone to win a prize. That is, if everyone was limited to just one prize ever. Which we aren't. 200 months - that's almost 17 years. And it's quite likely that there are way, way more than 12,000 active players around. In any case, the chances of winning are far from excellent.

I would definitely be interested in knowing how many people actually enter the raffle. Calculations are going to be *super* different depending on that... Personally I think that 4,000-10,000 active players is super-low, unless DC has just totally gone downhill since 2014, which I haven't seen any proof of. But regardless of how many active players there are, that doesn't really matter unless every single active player is entering the raffle. And I can't really think of any accurate way us users could estimate how many people actually enter the raffle, we certainly can't go by forum members since plenty of people play that aren't on the forum at all. 

Anyways, no win for me. Of course. I like the different-ness of the new requirement, that's pretty cool. I'm tempted to challenge myself to meet that requirement before midnight today, just as something fun to do. *noms a no-win cookie* I made brownies last night if anyone wants some!

Yeah, without knowing how many people enter each month we have no way to calculate the odds of winning. It is just an interesting exercise in speculation. ;) 

Not surprisingly I am still munching on "no-win" cookies. Congrats to all those who did win! :D  

I am seeing many more 2Gs being offered in the hub -- still generally for 2G bloodswaps but eventually they may trickle down to those of us who own no CB to produce bloodswaps. I can remember when even messy-lineaged Prizes were trading for an arm and a leg and your first-born, and now I can barely trade my 3Gs for anything I need, so the market is changing because of the raffles, I think.

There are is one or two very specific 2nd gens I plan to trade for, then I'm going to start offering eggs for cheap because for years i've known the pain of not being able to get 2nd gens or even higher gens with a specific breed you want 

Didn't win. :P The new requirements are so easy, I think they could get away with being a little harder... 

They are only meant to show activity, not to make things tough.

No win here, but I’m halfway to this months requirements. grudgingly though.. really wanted my Siyat to be purple, but there’s always next time. It was only my first CB Siyat, after all.

51 minutes ago, Isabella Fae Graycin said:

No win here, but I’m halfway to this months requirements. grudgingly though.. really wanted my Siyat to be purple, but there’s always next time. It was only my first CB Siyat, after all.

Siyat colors are chosen by how early / late they hatch.

Hatch with Incubate BSA  > Green

Hatch normal > Blue

Fog and hatch under 2 days > Purple

Edited by Sirithiliel

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm tempted to challenge myself to meet that requirement before midnight today, just as something fun to do.

Did it! Met the new requirement at 5:48pm cave-time. (And I was at work at the time, so I wasn't even *really* playing!)

Congrats to all the winners. Maybe next month for my first prize win!

No shiny present I can put off for pickup on my birthday. Oh well, maybe next time -_-.

Congrats to those who won!

I get COOKIES - YAY!

No new shiny - :(

Congrats to the January Winners :D!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

16 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I am seeing many more 2Gs being offered in the hub -- still generally for 2G bloodswaps but eventually they may trickle down to those of us who own no CB to produce bloodswaps. I can remember when even messy-lineaged Prizes were trading for an arm and a leg and your first-born, and now I can barely trade my 3Gs for anything I need, so the market is changing because of the raffles, I think.

Yeah I had quite some trouble meetingmy scrollgoals after I won the raffle (Bronze Shimmer). I did eventually suceed (I needed a 3rd ND) but it took months and months.
After I met said goals I started giving out 2nd gens for free, which is a lot of fun :D

23 hours ago, FlyingDragona said:

I'm not surprised. I dunno why I keep getting my hopes up.

That´s what I thought as well.....until this morning then I received an email stating that I won, so don´t give up......

Edited by Chaser11

Wow, I almost forgot if I entered or not. Looks like I won a bronze shimmer. I've never really looked at them need to things... Should I influence male or female?