Kaini

Raffle Discussion

I have to keep telling myself, "You're not going to win, you're NOT going to win." Because the odds are still pretty low and RNGs still hate me, as far as I know. tongue.gif

As a prize owner, I feel like I should throw in my two cents...

I absolutely LOVE this. Yeah, you read that right. I'll be honest, even a year ago I probably would have been iffy on this, but now that I've had my prize for several years now (and am getting ready to work on a lineage for myself) I am very thankful that others and myself will have a chance to win prizes again. Like everyone has said - it will add new blood, so more prizes and more pretty lineages :3 I think this was probably one of the best was TJ could have re-implemented prizes. It gives everyone a chance (given that they enter) and isn't just an exclusive once-a-year thing. I am absolutely psyched about this and hope to win a prize sometime, just like everyone else tongue.gif

Good luck to everyone with the raffle coming up!

Edited by polaristar

I'm getting anxious. I'm staying up all night /early morning to see what happens. I know I won't be lucky this time around, but that small chance...

I really like how the raffle was reimplemented. The way it's designed ensures that everyone participating in the raffle has to be at least somewhat invested in the game, because of the mandatory task they need to do. Additionally, everyone who has a shot at winning a prize dragon had to enter it manually, so the people participating in the raffle are all actually interested in winning.

I think, as a result, there will be a greater ratio of active prize winners from this new incarnation of the raffle, and the value of prize dragons will finally to start to go down significantly.

Sure, there may be some downsides, and the lack of ability to choose a custom code is a little disappointing, but I'm personally very glad that the raffle is back, and significantly improved.

As a prize owner, I feel like I should throw in my two cents...

I absolutely LOVE this. Yeah, you read that right. I'll be honest, even a year ago I probably would have been iffy on this, but now that I've had my prize for several years now (and am getting ready to work on a lineage for myself) I am very thankful that others and myself will have a chance to win prizes again. Like everyone has said - it will add new blood, so more prizes and more pretty lineages :3 I think this was probably one of the best was TJ could have re-implemented prizes. It gives everyone a chance (given that they enter) and isn't just an exclusive once-a-year thing. I am absolutely psyched about this and hope to win a prize sometime, just like everyone else tongue.gif

Good luck to everyone with the raffle coming up!

Amen. Hopefully it starts to relieve the nastiness and stress they can bring too.

And yes, I will still enter too. Someday, a silver tin may be mine =p

I'm so excited about the new raffle system! This way, CB Prizes can be re-introduced but still maintain their special Prize status. And even if you're unlucky, there's always another month with another draw, which should amount to less drama and tears.

I like the combination of (fairly feasible) monthly tasks and a draw: while you're encouraged to be an active player to participate, there's also more than a tad of luck involved, which is reassuring for casual players such as myself. I'm guessing that, as CBs become less rare, with time there will be hope for us less devoted to get some 2nd gens and checker lineages too smile.gif

The only thing I'm disappointed about is winners not being able to pick a code for their Prize. I feel like meaningful codes would make the dragon feel even more special. With memorable codes, it's also easier to keep track of which lineage comes from which Prize, since names can and will be changed. (And yes, I know that there are old Prizes with random codes as well, but are you telling me that I've been keeping this list of Special Potential Codes for nothing? And for all these years? rolleyes.gif)

I'm super excited regardless if I win or not. Either way it still opens the door for more amazing lineages. wub.gif

eta: Also don't forget to make sure you have an open eggslot everyone.

Edited by Syiren

I'm staying up late just for this! So excited to see the results ohmy.gif

I'm staying up late just for this! So excited to see the results ohmy.gif

1 min til midnight in cave time. biggrin.gif

Edit: oops the raffle is in 3 hours.

Edited by scratcher_cat

1 min til midnight in cave time. biggrin.gif

Edit: oops the raffle is in 3 hours.

I initially thought it was at midnight - DC time too! On the bright side, 3 hours should fly by rather quickly tongue.gif

I thought it was at Midnight as well, but then I checked the time again. Only 2 more hours. *eye twitches*

I'm so excited! Though I know I won't win, I want to see who the winners will be!

Edit: also, only 27 minutes left!

Double edit:

The raffle status page says EST, not EDT.

EDT is cave time, EST is the forum time.

Since EST is 1hour behind, do we have to wait one more hour??

Edited by arjunvohra

I really want a Silver Tinsel or Silver Shimmer. I always thought the Silvers were the prettiest (though all of them are). :3

I really want a Silver Tinsel or Silver Shimmer. I always thought the Silvers were the prettiest (though all of them are). :3

Same here.

My dream would be a silver shimmer, I'd even trade a gold shimmer or tinsel for 1 (if we can trade)

I really want to go to sleep now, so tired...but, alas, here I am awaiting expectantly!

I'm super basic, my favorite is the gold shimmer, I want one SOOOO bad!

Edited by blockEdragon

*tries to keep eyes open* Is it done yet? xd.png

Soon!

On a side note I kinda wish HA was brought back with this, more CB hybrids and alt blacks would be sooo awesome, if I could have any CB hybrid i'd want a CB stormrider or avatar of destruction.

Edited by blockEdragon

Awe, nothing for me. Maybe next month.

Wonder who won though....

Edited by kitty39

And the cave is down for matainance. Of all the rotten timing! Unless the raffle is the reason for it.

It just went down for me too but think there was a glitch?

Wheno it ended all that happened was it showed June's raffle