Kaini

Raffle Discussion

I didn't get anything, but this is my first time, so I can't complain much. Hey, maybe next time! Congrats to everyone who won!

I just want to comment on the gender thing for your gold tinsel, Ixi. I doubt you know this, but there may not be a single other breeding male gold tinsel out there anymore. I've looked for years for a mate for her without success.

So, if you leave yours male it would in fact quite unique. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is up to you, of course.

my recently acquired supreme mugwump is a male gold tinsel smile.gif

OMG I won! I'd forgotten about the raffle as I've been busy with real life. Pulled it up and there was a nice shiny Bronze Tinsel! My Glitzy can hopefully have a matching mate! (PLEASE don't refuse each other!) It pre-cogged female, but I need a male, so influenced it that.

I never imagined I'd ever have one CB Prize. Now I have two! *head explodes* Thanks, TJ!

OMG I won! I'd forgotten about the raffle as I've been busy with real life. Pulled it up and there was a nice shiny Bronze Tinsel! My Glitzy can hopefully have a matching mate! (PLEASE don't refuse each other!) It pre-cogged female, but I need a male, so influenced it that.

I never imagined I'd ever have one CB Prize. Now I have two! *head explodes* Thanks, TJ!

I'd be totally torn in your situation. Opposite genders for PBs or same gender for checkers? I'd probably go same for checkers, but I do look forward to seeing your pretty PBs, don't forget to use Fertility to lessen the refusal possibility!

I can't believe I actually won, I'm still all ohmy.gif didn't expect I would ever win a CB prize dragon ever, a silver tinsel. I already got plans for him to only breed with one mate, just need to decide which breed, currently down to two choices.

I just want to comment on the gender thing for your gold tinsel, Ixi. I doubt you know this, but there may not be a single other breeding male gold tinsel out there anymore. I've looked for years for a mate for her without success.

So, if you leave yours male it would in fact quite unique. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is up to you, of course.

What about Snape?

He's still as active as ever! There was a lull where I was trying to breed a 2nd gen from Seragamma for myself (as a mate for another Seragamma Tinsel-kin I had gotten in a trade), but I've... decided to take a break from that.

Glad to see some other active male Gold Tinsel owners are out there! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Edited by Sycamore

So, I WAS going to follow my advice and not reveal this for another 48 hours for when he grows up, but I couldn't wait any more, so yeah: I won a Silver Shimmerscale.

I'll be taking some advice from the guide and make some rules for him once the signature and profile situation is sorted.

Edited by CharonDusk

Do we know how the winners are "selected"? Is it just luck or are there other criteria?

1 minute ago, walkinslow said:

Do we know how the winners are "selected"? Is it just luck or are there other criteria?

Just luck, I believe.

2 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

It's a raffle, so it's luck. ;3

Thank you, Sock & DuskOfTheStars. I thought so, but was confused by the "selected" bit...

Oh well, better luck next time, then. Congrats to all recent winners!

So today I've entered a raffle for the first time after I've finally raised 3 dragons to adulthood (not counting the two holiday raffles I partook in without winning anything) and now I'm waiting for the drawing in 27 days, not getting my hopes up though but I'll eat my hat if I end up actually winning something :')

25 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

So today I've entered a raffle for the first time after I've finally raised 3 dragons to adulthood (not counting the two holiday raffles I partook in without winning anything) and now I'm waiting for the drawing in 27 days, not getting my hopes up though but I'll eat my hat if I end up actually winning something :')

Someone needs to hold you to your word XD

Can anyone tell me where I can find information about the raffles? How can find out what the current raffle is about?

I can't find any info.

4 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Can anyone tell me where I can find information about the raffles? How can find out what the current raffle is about?

I can't find any info.

On Dragon Cave, go to your Account, then click on Raffle Status, and it should tell you the rest. For now, all you have to do is raise 3 dragons to adulthood to enter the raffle.

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much!

I probably never would have found it there X)

Very excited for the coming months!

Eleven more days to enter for the raffle. Make sure you've done so!

Any thoughts on if requirements will stay the same next month or will finally change? I'm betting they'll still be the same for a few more months still.

I think so too. It would be more fun if requirements were more 'difficult'.

Or at least more varied. :rolleyes:

But I'm glad "Raise 3 adult dragons" doesn't mean "exactly 3 adult dragons". ;)

It's almost time!!! I'm kinda hoping for a birthday dragon, hah.

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

It's almost time!!! I'm kinda hoping for a birthday dragon, hah.

It'd definitely be very delightful to get a prize dragon near one's birthday!

I'm always excited for the raffle day not only because I'd like to win a prize myself but because I get to see the happy winners. ^_^

Can't wait for the raffle, good luck everyone! I just love that TJ brought this back as a monthly thing, I love the excitement!

I'm really hoping I can win a prize this time ;P Not getting my hopes up, but it would definitely be nice to achieve that dream.

I also hope in the future we'll get different requirements - this "raise 3 dragons" may become a bit boring over time. And on the topic of this, I'd love it if we got more difficult requirements in the future, like "raise 30 female Dorsals bred on even days" or something.

Good luck everyone <3

Edited by Gryphites