Herk

Display Groups on Dragon's Page

I think it would be really neat if you could tell which groups a dragon belongs to by looking at their page.

It could be a list (like the offspring list) and could get its own subpage when it gets too long (like the progeny page).

Of course for visitors it should only display public groups while all groups are visible for the scroll owner (ideally with the private groups greyed out?).

I mean it's PUBLIC groups - we WANT to share them wink.gif

[With so many Group suggestions I'm afraid this might be a duplicate but I swear I looked before creating wink.gif]

This would be great. smile.gif

Sometimes we need information about a specific dragon (as opposed to a list of all dragons with a specific property), and the groups can be a useful way of making the information available.

Seeing the groups on the view page would be a lot more convenient than checking the groups list for checkmarks (or, as we did in the old times before we had groups, gathering the information from the lineage page, offspring list, and various spreadsheets).

Examples of groups that would be useful when visible to the owner:

- Lineage type and generation

- Project(s) the dragon is currently involved in

- Notes like "inbred!", "don't breed while locked", "careful, one previous mate was a misclick!"

Examples useful for people who find offspring on the AP:

- "Zombie candidate, will be killed"

- "will be named later"

Yes please! Would love this for my ease of use and so others could see my public groups if they want. smile.gif

Would made it easier to see if i need to assing more groups to that dragon or if that dragon deserve the honour to be the first one of a new group.

Showing the public group would be nice, but i am afraid that we could reach a point that we all are overflooded by informations. Well more work for me as a mentor... shades.png

I really like this idea. I think a separate page would definitely bw necessary though. The view page is already starting to fill up smile.gif

This is interesting, because I intentionally chose to keep public visibility as "soft public." It seems like there is usefulness in being able to share a group without having it tied back to you, just like you can share a dragon without having your name attached to it.

I think showing the group on dragons pages isn't a big enough use case to warrant its own control (that is, a new visibility setting or something), but maybe showing the highlighted groups a dragon is part of makes sense? I'm not sure.