TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

And I FINALLY got the yellow I owe my grandson. Five hours and I can get back to being ME !

You know what would have been a really cool Easter Egg? Instead of:

Pink: Coast

Blue: Desert

Red: Volcano

It should have been:

Pink: Volcano

Blue: Coast

Red: Desert

They actually got the yellow hatchi and black hatchi right with the Jungle and Alpine. The White hatchi​ I can see being in the forest because reasons.

But! What's done is done and nothing we do can change that. I thought that it would just be a fun little Easter Egg if they were in the correct biomes

Did anyone else notice that each of the six Zyumorphs is a different dragon type?

Pink/Coast: Wyvern

Blue/Desert: Eastern

White/Forest: Amphipthere

Yellow/Jungle: Lindwurm

Black/Alpine: Traditional Drake/Wingless

Red/Volcano: Western

Very interesting for six varieties of the same breed...

Did anyone else notice that each of the six Zyumorphs is a different dragon type?

I've thought they would be different dragons species under the same name when the eggs were cracked and it seems I was right! I really hope they have a BSA and maybe they summon a Rainbow Wyrm? xd.png

Why does everyone think the black is a drake? It can be bitten, therefore it's a wingless dragon (although I would really have preferred it to be a drake)

Why does everyone think the black is a drake? It can be bitten, therefore it's a wingless dragon (although I would really have preferred it to be a drake)

Traditional Drakes (Black Zyumorph, Aegis) not DC Drakes

Traditional Drakes (Black Zyumorph, Aegis) not DC Drakes

Ah, sorry 😌

Edit: I got three gendered hatchies. Pink, white and Black!

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

You know what would have been a really cool Easter Egg? Instead of:

Pink: Coast

Blue: Desert

Red: Volcano

It should have been:

Pink: Volcano

Blue: Coast

Red: Desert

They actually got the yellow hatchi and black hatchi right with the Jungle and Alpine. The White hatchi​ I can see being in the forest because reasons.

But! What's done is done and nothing we do can change that. I thought that it would just be a fun little Easter Egg if they were in the correct biomes

Actually Triceratops zord was hidden in desert :3 Tyranasaurus was hidden 'underground' (closest biome we have to that is volcano) and being based on the pterodactyl zord? Pink is fine in coast as pterodactyls ate fish :3 So they got 3/6 correct and did their best with the other 3 :3

The only season one zord hidden in water was the dragonzord which, being the green ranger's zord, doesnt make an appearance here. (Season 2 is the earliest white ranger appearance)

I am PR trash and currently watching season 3 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on Netflix ...also a quick google and glance and the power ranger fan wiki will tell you im right tongue.gif

Are the eggs not spawning in the cave anymore? I'm checking every 5 minutes but there don't seem to be any : o

I'm still in need of the desert and volcano egg ;;

They are, but they seem like rare eggs...

Sigh I have a headache from trying to hunt for the yellow egg I need ;_;

caught a jungle and volcano.

~Please take/gifting trading to PM~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

caught a jungle and volcano.

@fuzzbucket do you still need the jungle?

Bless you Celly - but as I said a few posts up I FINALLY got one. Thanks so much for all you do here smile.gif

Bless you Celly - but as I said a few posts up I FINALLY got one. Thanks so much for all you do here smile.gif

alrighty thank you for letting me know c:

Actually Triceratops zord was hidden in desert :3 Tyranasaurus was hidden 'underground' (closest biome we have to that is volcano) and being based on the pterodactyl zord? Pink is fine in coast as pterodactyls ate fish :3 So they got 3/6 correct and did their best with the other 3 :3

The only season one zord hidden in water was the dragonzord which, being the green ranger's zord, doesnt make an appearance here. (Season 2 is the earliest white ranger appearance)

I am PR trash and currently watching season 3 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on Netflix ...also a quick google and glance and the power ranger fan wiki will tell you im right tongue.gif

But the pink Zord hid in the volcano though. But whoops 😌 I guess I got confused xd.png

Look at as having a conversation about PR

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Well, I'm only missing two of the releases, so hopefully I'll be able to trade for them. I'm glad there's some new rare dragons.

Because people in DC seem to think that wingless dragons are what is known as a drake outside of DC, despite the fact that that's just not true. There are many cases where dragons are called drakes, but I have yet to find a large amount of lore declaring wingless dragons specifically drakes. A lot of the lore calls them young dragons, which I suppose could imply winglessness. But yeah, that's why people often refer to wingless westerns as 'traditional drakes'.

...I mean, truth is relative because these are fantasy critters and nothing about them is 'true', lol. But of the descriptions that I just googled, I found about six different conflicting ones, including a handful that said they *do* have wings and are just smaller than actual dragons, and one account that says they only have two legs and no mention of wings. So you know. It's like many things involving dragons that have evolved over the ages, like Wyrm being used to describe anything from Smaug to the type we have on DC. I'm just saying that 'drake' has no one cohesive definition like people seem to think.

Edited by silver_chan

Hhh, so excited to see if they have a BSA tomorrow. I can't wait!

~Please take gifting/trading to PM~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Does anyone have the adults yet? Are there any special abilities?

Not until tomorrow

Dang, two biomes are completely empty.

And I just ran across a coast egg and don't have any spots open to grab it. ;-;

Because people in DC seem to think that wingless dragons are what is known as a drake outside of DC, despite the fact that that's just not true. There are many cases where dragons are called drakes, but I have yet to find a large amount of lore declaring wingless dragons specifically drakes. A lot of the lore calls them young dragons, which I suppose could imply winglessness. But yeah, that's why people often refer to wingless westerns as 'traditional drakes'.

...I mean, truth is relative because these are fantasy critters and nothing about them is 'true', lol. But of the descriptions that I just googled, I found about six different conflicting ones, including a handful that said they *do* have wings and are just smaller than actual dragons, and one account that says they only have two legs and no mention of wings. So you know. It's like many things involving dragons that have evolved over the ages, like Wyrm being used to describe anything from Smaug to the type we have on DC. I'm just saying that 'drake' has no one cohesive definition like people seem to think.

In contemporary artistic communities like Deviantart, drake=wingless dragon of a rather western anatomy for many dragon artists - many enough. As for other people, e.g. in movie industry they still can't get it that a winged 2-legged thing is a wyvern not a contemporary (western) dragon proper.

It's difficult to refer to legends, mythologies etc. because these were independent ideas functioning in different cultures and languages, so the terminology and exact anatomical profile would naturally be different in the historical records...

But in practise, atm dragon is the least fixed (I mean most flexible and covers an ultimately wide range of various feature sets) motif mankind have probably made-up so far in the the global culture xd.png number of limbs, body coverage type, anatomy type, abilities, intelligence&mind type, habits, devil-evil-wild-neutral-good-god nature, etc. (Draco from Dragonheart, Tootless from HTTYD, Elliot from Pete's Dragon, dragons from Reign of Fire, Smaug from the Hobbit, Dragons from the Witcher, Mushu from Mulan, dragons from Dragonball-Z etc. not to mention my story's Dragons and all other non-trademarked ones people make up xd.png). I could never think of anything else that can cover so many so different ideas and not just looks or under-the surface traits but both at once xd.png As long as the head is fairly reptilian, anything can be a general dragon looks-wise tongue.gif

as for DC drakes, I personally refer to them by their original name: draks (e.g. in my Zombie naming pattern).

Edited by VixenDra