TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

Was the raffle explained in further detail anywhere? I haven't gone through the last 121 pages obviously lol.

Is there a separate signup thread? Is every scroll automatically entered? Or is it based on forum username? If it's by scroll, will it just show up on your scroll automatically or do u have to claim it somehow? Is there a link to enter each month? DEETS please!

Was the raffle explained in further detail anywhere? I haven't gone through the last 121 pages obviously lol.

Is there a separate signup thread? Is every scroll automatically entered? Or is it based on forum username? If it's by scroll, will it just show up on your scroll automatically or do u have to claim it somehow? Is there a link to enter each month? DEETS please!

Go to your accounts setting and you'll be able to see Raffle somewhere in there. For this month you have to raise 3 Dragons

I hope custom codes are still a thing, that's the only reason I ever wanted to win a raffle

Someone mentioned that TJ confirmed on IRC that codes will not be a part of the new raffles.

Honestly, I think part of the reason raffle prizes were so slow to be given out before and what made them hard to hold multiple times a year was probably the custom codes, so if we have to give that up for regular raffles, I'll live without the perfect Socky code. =p

Account > Raffle Status. That page has all information available.

The entry is withing the DragCave site itself, within your account options.

^Above answer was the same instructions I saw when looking and it took me ages to realise that it wasn't through the forums!

maybe I'm just a little silly

Someone mentioned that TJ confirmed on IRC that codes will not be a part of the new raffles.

Honestly, I think part of the reason raffle prizes were so slow to be given out before and what made them hard to hold multiple times a year was probably the custom codes, so if we have to give that up for regular raffles, I'll live without the perfect Socky code. =p

Nooo! I'm really happy to have Prizes back in some form (and to have the promise of relief from the monumental economic power they hold) so I'm not going to complain but damn, I really really wanted my perfect coded baby xd.png

Edited by Ninjakittee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

and sorry I'm Be late again

p.s and can anyone tell me what will new eggs be describe? cause I'm late....orz

~Please don't double post unless you're doing a lot of coding, such as quoting multiple posts~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Has anyone read that the codes on the first dragon in each group say "this isn't even my final form" or did someone see this and I'm late to the party?

I COMPLETELY missed that omg. That's hilarious and awesome. It fuels my hopes for a summon-esque type of things when you have all the colors. cool.gif

Oh no they take a syllable from an 80s/90s action show

Nah jk theyre still too loose to be a copyright issue.

No, I'm saying it's a reference. I don't think it's a copyright issue.

I didn't think I'd like the pink one much based on the hatchlings, but she's actually pretty darn cool-looking and maybe even my fav of the bunch. Obviously small wings, but I'll chalk that up to the sprite dimension limitations.

Blue one is fine, it just reminds me of Xenowyrms or Despises or something else and I can't totally love the design because I feel like I've seen it before. I wonder if the spikes jutting out from its shoulders might have looked cooler on its head, like bull horns. It's a fine dragon though.

White guy is great and looks like some weird shark-fighter-jet-monster hybrid. I like his colors and smile. Also maybe my favorite of the six.

I thought yellow was going to be my favorite going by the hatchlings, but the adult is just kind of cool enough. Again, like the colors and stuff, it's just the design of dragons with arms and wings but no hind legs is an awkward one. It's harder for me to envision them naturally than other limb combinations. The black blade thing on the tail looks a bit out of place, and the face has me wondering if that pointy part is a tooth or a beak? I still like the dragon fair enough though; she's weird and unique.

Black guy is neat-- he's got a big ol' forehead, dang man. Slightly disappointed though, as I thought the edge of his far shoulder spike was part of his horn and made this cool spiral twist design. It's still kind of hard to differentiate it from the horn colors, so I'm just gonna continue to see it as a neat horn shape. The bottom point of his far frill looks like a pointy chin spike, too. Even without a pharaoh chin point and helix-shaped horns, he's still cool.

Red dude is cool, I like his obvious mix of T-rex and dragon characteristics. Looks like he's got a pot belly and stunted tail, however, but I'll blame that on sprite dimensions again. Is his tail mostly black/grey? I want to see more of the cool stripe pattern he's got going on.

Overall, a good release (barring the abhorrent drop/catch rates). I've got my clear favorites and others that are just sort of cool enough, and I wouldn't mind collecting more in the future.

I am somewhat worried about my scroll a bit, one of my eggs suddenly went from around 1000 views to over 4000 in less than a day. Luckily I always keep my eggs away from hatching sites for the first day entirely, so no sick eggs.

I am hoping someone is not trying to kill my eggs.

Blue one is fine, it just reminds me of Xenowyrms or Despises or something else and I can't totally love the design because I feel like I've seen it before. I wonder if the spikes jutting out from its shoulders might have looked cooler on its head, like bull horns. It's a fine dragon though.

No offense to the artists, but it does look a lot like Bolt dragons, pose-wise. Different enough that I don't think it's an issue personally, but I can't overlook the similarity.

i got a silver tinsel through the old raffle and since someone beat me to the spock code in the same batch i got a randomized one. :') it'll be nice to have more non-custom codes because my boy's a lil out of place currently

it's wicked hard trying to pick up the new coastal/pink dragons, i've been trying all day and only snagged one so far >:u my fav are the yellow ones though so not that big a deal Cx

I've barely seen any of these new eggs other than a lucky Coast snag on the 22nd, but rather than stress too much, while everyone else is scrambling to catch Zyumorphs, I'm picking goodies out of the AP! thumbs_up.png

Luckily the one I have is my favorite of the six! I don't care if it's stereotypical but YAY PINK RANGER! lol I like the blue and white ones too. :3

I'm loving these adults! Really well done, and love their designs. <3

I can understand where some people are coming from comparing some of these new dragons to older ones, but hey, that means we can have some cool looking lineages when breeding them together! >:D

This has been an awesome event! (I still can't get over some of the things that have been added xd.png ) Let's all hope for a great year ahead!

Thanks again to TJ, Artists, and anyone else involved in making this happen!!

(And good luck to every one egg hunting cause these little guys are definitely difficult to get!)

Edited by Cupup889

Awesome power ranger dragons, well done! It's zyumorphing time! I'm hoping for some cool bsa. Was white chosen over green for a reason? wink.gif

I gave up some of my hatchies in a trade, now I need the yellow one to complete my collection again X'D CB silver was worth it tho.

Awesome power ranger dragons, well done! It's zyumorphing time! I'm hoping for some cool bsa. Was white chosen over green for a reason? wink.gif

Probably because green was evil and prone to being controlled by Rita.

~

Five days left and still no genders in site for me. =o

Caught another pink! So I just need another yellow to have two of each. o3o

Are hey still dropping in the Jungle? ninja.gif

Haven't even seen any for a couple of hours now.

Are hey still dropping in the Jungle?  ninja.gif

Haven't even seen any for a couple of hours now.

I was hunting them like all day yesterday and when I finally caught one I got two! Keep trying smile.gif

Edit: I saw three in that drop at the same time. I hope you got one smile.gif

Edited by AppleMango