TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

Damn these are hard to snag today! I only need one from the coast to have a pair all around! They are still dropping aren't they?

ETA: @Celly, I would sure appreciate that! I've a CB Astrapi I can give you for it! Have to wait to CD though.

Not sure how I feel about the whole Power Rangers thing - to me, it diminishes the dragons a little to have them be so much about the PR. Just MHO,. not wanting to start anything.

Edited by Ayelldee

Seeing a few peeps talking about the raffle. Seems that has gone down extremely well with folks.

Got to admit, I would love to win, just like everyone else xd.png though unlike some might be thinking, personally I hope if I do win, it is a Bronze or a Silver - no offense to the artists, but I am not the biggest fan of the Gold Prizes, bit too bright for me xd.png

Yeah, I'd prefer winning a silver to a gold.

Silver is my favourite prize colour for shimmer scales, and bronze is my favourite colour for tisnels. Gold is too bright IMO.

Still don't have the ones from desert and coast, oh well.

I am really happy for extra slot, the group option (not sure if I will use it, but it sounds really helpful), and ofc raffle.

As for dragons, they are kinda...eh? I see that they are pretty and the design is neat, but... it's like I have seen those dragons already on DC and better done. The dark ones- Fell dragons, blue and yellow- Xenos, red ones- Diamondwings... The new ones are just not that special, but still pretty.

The last release set the bar reaaally high to me smile.gif Eggs are very cute, I always kinda wanted to be able to freeze some eggs on scroll so we could have ALL stages of dragons. Some eggs are piece of art, sadly temporary one.

i can catch those for you if you'd like c:

@Frodo i can catch it for you if you'd like c:

@Ayelldee i can catch if for you if you'd like c:

@Frodo i can catch it for you if you'd like c:

You would get a big Hobbity hug, if you could do that. Thankyou. biggrin.gif

I have only seen one in the forest during the one hour drop, didn't catch it. They're extremely hard to catch now. :c

Good news is, I saw a leetle tree in the forest, and I caught that. cool.gif

My only concern here, is any potential copyright issues.....but I gotta say, I do think they deviated just enough for safety. Still cool.

A vague inspiration =/= copyright infringement. The only things in common these dragons have with PR are colors (not copyrighted! Who would copyright a color, really...?) and the superhero personality (again, features that vague and common among characters are not copyrighted). There's absolutely nothing to be concerned about here.

I'm doing pretty well at catching, especially blues and blacks. Though whites and pinks I'm lacking on. xd.png

A vague inspiration =/= copyright infringement. The only things in common these dragons have with PR are colors (not copyrighted! Who would copyright a color, really...?) and the superhero personality (again, features that vague and common among characters are not copyrighted). There's absolutely nothing to be concerned about here.

(ironic bolding mine)

You're unfamiliar with this story, then! wink.gif

I was only vaguely aware of Power Rangers growing up. My sister (2.5 years younger) might have watched a bit, idk. I do appreciate the "mecha" appearance of these draggies without them being actual Mecha Dergs, though. smile.gif

Oh wow, the BLUE one! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif Definitely my favourite by far.

I like that they're all so unique. Thank you birdzgoboom, Infinis, PieMaster and TheCompleteAnimorph!

Do we have a breed with only front legs yet or are the yellow Zyus the first?

I was never into it, but my kid was.....

Here's something for nostalgia:

Original Full MMPR Theme Song

Damn, the electric guitar is so epic in that song. Congrats for acheiving time travel. You pulled me right back into the past and for those few minutes I was a 6 year old again sitting in front of the TV.

They look quite futuristic! laugh.gif I can't decide which I like most, I'm torn between the white, red or black one.

I would say given the fact that they have all the colors, the personalities/mission, and the combination aspects of power rangers there could be at least an argument for trouble.

But... this site already has lots of things that are far more copyright violating (lots of the easter eggs, for example) so I think in that aspect it's fine.

It depends on how hard/far the people who hold power ranger's copyright are willing to go in protecting it. I highly doubt DC is on their radar.

So would a hybrid between a Zyumorph and a Xenowyrm be a Xenomorph?

Now I want a Xenomorph-inspired Dragon xd.png That would be an awesome hybrid!

Hmm...I can't help wondering what - if any - bsa these guys have...that description is soooo hinting at something...watch it be nothing, though xd.png

Do we have a breed with only front legs yet or are the yellow Zyus the first?

It's a lindwurm, there a a couple already in Cave (Blusangs for example and other lindwurms on DC Wiki).

Edited by stagazer_7

With your powers combined...I am Captian Planet!

SorryjustfirstthoughIhadseeingadults.

Edited by Asketil

With your powers combined...I am Captian Planet!

Maybe they'll combine for the power of heart. xd.png

With your powers combined...I am Captian  Planet!

Lol, they could even use their BSA to summon him! tongue.gif

Now I want a Captain Planet type dragon on my scroll... but that'll never happen... right?

Edited by stagazer_7

I have to say that I am really glad that I never saw the Power Rangers so that I don't have that reference for these guys. I can appreciate them just as six new amazing dragons. Thank you so much birdz, Infinis, PieMaster, and I think I saw TCA on one of them? And Marri, too, who had nothing to do with them? wink.gif Wonderful work! And thanks again to TJ for the new dragons and for all the great new features that this birthday brought!

POWER RANGER DRAGONS!!!!

POWER RANGER DRAGONS!!!

They look AWESOME!

Now I really need the yellow one! D:

They are totally going to have a Summon like BSA, aren't they?!

I LOVE THEM ALL!

Also new Amphipthere and Lindwyrm, yay!

Edited by Shokomon

I'm pretty happy, came back after forgetting about DC for a day and three eggs are hatched and the rest are under 4d smile.gif

Now to catch some more... *stalks Jungle, Coast and Desert*

Very nice adults! I especially like the Black ones. Not a fan of the oh-so-blantant reference, but maybe that's just 'cause I don't like Power Rangers. xd.png

Thanks spriters for your hard work! <3

Aw...it seems like most people don't like the Black one...I do Infinis, it reminds me of the War dragon from ToD...kind of.

Aw...it seems like most people don't like the Black one...I do Infinis, it reminds me of the War dragon from ToD...kind of.

I like the black one too. It looks really tough.

I have to say that I am really glad that I never saw the Power Rangers so that I don't have that reference for these guys. I can appreciate them just as six new amazing dragons. Thank you so much birdz, Infinis, PieMaster, and I think I saw TCA on one of them? And Marri, too, who had nothing to do with them? wink.gif Wonderful work! And thanks again to TJ for the new dragons and for all the great new features that this birthday brought!

They're Marri's brainchild--the rest of us simply helped bring her idea to fruition o3o

So stage one of the waiting is over - yay !

Black is my absolute favourite among them (I just love that face+the frills+the horns, and the shading is fantastic) !

I never watched the Power Rangers, the only things I know about them are "about half a dozen teen guys/gals in differently coloured suits, being heroes and fighting evil", plus a few pictures here and there.

But after googling for a bit I'm really impressed how good the reference was caught in these dragons, without making them a mere inside joke. They still work well as dragons, but they completely embody their theme.

The art style and that steel grey as base colour really bring them together as a group, and also match the "original's" feeling. The dragon forms work great as representation of the mechs (mechas ? zords ? whatever, I'm the wrong kind of nerd to know this terminology wink.gif ), and the individual colours have just the right balance between the bright TV stuff and the DC colour palette.

And, of course, their description ! Heroes ! Real, full-blown, old-fashioned heroes ! wub.gif The kind you know from all that tales and songs the bards perform, and call for in hours of darkness and peril. (Well, in the world and age of DC, at least.)

The description nails it. And for the purpose of this kind of dragons I think the uniformity works really well, for exactly the reasons that were mentioned. The individual characteristics are put in the background behind the mantle of "the hero".

I'll definitely invite some more of these "heroes" to Lantea ! wink.gif (Despite the fact that usually the anime-inspired style isn't entirely my cup of tea. The fact that in this case it is part of a perfectly done concept makes up for it.)

And now - stage two of the waiting begins ! What will they do/summon once our dragons grow up ?!