TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

YES! THEY ARE POWER RANGER/SENTAI!

Sorry about that but that's just amazing. And they look amazing. Whoever made these is/are a god(s).

Well maybe not a god, but pretty amazing nonetheless.

Instantly they are one of my fav species.

Also if they can summon a Megazord I might just die from excitement.

Very beautiful and powerful dragons! I like their colors and anatomy, but I also need to clear something. Are they (from left to right order):

Pink Zyumorph is a Wyvern

Blue Zyumorph is a water dragon (I don't see the finns very clearly)

White Zyumorph is an Amphitere

Yellow Zyumorph is a Lindwurm

Black Zyumorph is a regular drake (western without wings)

Red Zyumorph is a regular Western

Am I right spriters? I am not too sure about the blue one wink.gif

PS: yeah, they are definetly power ranger related xd.png

I thought Blue was an Eastern? The pose just screams 'Eastern' to me, and it does have horns of a sort.

Edited by silver_chan

... I thought a New Release would never be near the beauty of the Xenowyrms, but DAMN am I pleasantly surprised!

These are absolutely amazing! These are the type of Dragons I want to see more of!

O_O

*falls in love*

Very beautiful and powerful dragons! I like their colors and anatomy, but I also need to clear something. Are they (from left to right order):

As much as I would love the black to be a drake, I don't think it is

Just as I thought I would, I love them all except the red/pink ones.

You guys did a great job on the rest c:

I kind of wish the power ranger vibe wasn't there, though... it kind of spoils them for me because the inspiration makes them seem... I don't know. Unoriginal in a way.

I thought Blue was an Eastern? The pose just screams 'Eastern' to me, and it does have horns of a sort.

Yeah, pretty sure blue one is an Eastern.

....What are the chances these guys combine to form some kind of Epic Great Wyrm? (I could be wrong, but I think that's the only "regular dragon" body type we're missing.)

They've all grown up!

I wonder when TJ will fuse them!

I also finally entered the raffle!

Edited by arjunvohra

Blue is an eastern; a water breed wouldn't survive too well in the desert xd.png

I'd also say the reds aren't westerns, they don't stand on four legs. They're a theropod body type we haven't seen before.

Yeah, pretty sure blue one is an Eastern.

....What are the chances these guys combine to form some kind of Epic Great Wyrm? (I could be wrong, but I think that's the only "regular dragon" body type we're missing.)

Actually the most basic dragon form there is--western--is missing. The red has tiny little arms and is bipedal.

I'd also say the reds aren't westerns, they don't stand on four legs. They're a theropod body type we haven't seen before.

oooo really? birdz, tca could one of you confirm?

Blue is an eastern; a water breed wouldn't survive too well in the desert xd.png

Nah, it's just rearing up a little, in an action pose. I'd say that doesn't make them not Westerns, but that's just my opinion I suppose.

I hope that these guys summon a Wyrm of some kind, that would be so cool. Though technically I suppose we're still missing a Leviathan body type, but we do need more Wyrms in the cave.

Omfg I so called it! Like literally 10 minutes after the drop started I told DC IRC that these were Power Ranger Dragons AND I WAS DARN TOOTING RIGHT!

ZYUMORPHS look what I found on the interwebz!

Zyumorph .... Zyuranger

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE NEW POWER RANGER DRAGONS!!!!!

omg omg omg I need them all <3

Oh no

Why would they do that

Actually the most basic dragon form there is--western--is missing. The red has tiny little arms and is bipedal.

Yeah, there is that. Although it's the closest to being "western" -> four legs, two wings. No one ever said how long those legs needed to be! xd.png

Nah, it's just rearing up a little, in an action pose. I'd say that doesn't make them not Westerns, but that's just my opinion I suppose.

I hope that these guys summon a Wyrm of some kind, that would be so cool. Though technically I suppose we're still missing a Leviathan body type, but we do need more Wyrms in the cave.

Imagine them trying to walk on those tiny front legs plus the big back legs. They would be very uncomfortable. Plus the hatchlings... tongue.gif

Aren't the GoNs and avatars supposedly bipedal? Though I will agree that it's not a common body plan.

Wish they didn't have such a generic shared description. ;__;

The adults are fantastic - huge kudos to birdz and TCA. But I do agree about the description. I was looking forward to variety in those...

(And yes I read Pie's post, but I am still sad.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

OMG, they are lovely, but blues is my favorite and i want an army of them, but know that getting them CB will be a pain in my behind.

The adults are fantastic - huge kudos to birdz and TCA. But I do agree about the description. I was looking forward to variety in those...

QUOTE (PieMaster @ May 24 2017, 11:01 AM)

I don't know what TJ or the others who worked on these feel, but as the description writer, I can say that I did one joint description for two reasons: it helps to unify a group of differently-bodied sprites as one breed, and it helps create an air of mystery around them. My personal headcanon is that people know these guys exist, but don't really make direct contact with them enough to know specifics about the individual varieties' behavioral habits, and fleshing out distinct personalities for each variety would run contra to that

Imagine them trying to walk on those tiny front legs plus the big back legs. They would be very uncomfortable. Plus the hatchlings... tongue.gif

..I guess, upon second look, they are more like t-rexes than stegosauruses. But like Amazon says, they still fit the basic structure of four limbs and two wings.

In the cave, the term "western dragon" can loosely define any non-Eastern quadrupedal dragon with wings. Although many variations exist within the classification, they always have at least one pair of wings and four legs.

From the Wiki, which isn't official of course but y'know. It's at least pretty accurate.

From the desert ?

So... if these guys are one breed, can they interbreed? blink.gif

Like, if not... having a joint description is kind of more disjointing than anything.

Like, if not... having a joint description is kind of more disjointing than anything.

I really hope so, honestly. Finding out how that happens will also be fun.

I'm guessing they can. They're able to be bitten by vampires, which means there are no special groups.

Ooooh adults are interesting. I think I like the desert the best. I wonder what they bring, a bsa and new summon type thing??

I wonder if the new raffles will be able to trade or not. I sure hope not... Imagine that chaos and monopoly rolleyes.gifblink.gif

Oh no

Why would they do that

Don't play innocent here, lady. xD

If you guys have anyone to thank, thank Marri. These guys wouldn't have existed in the first place without her. :)

--

Also yes I drew the blue as an eastern with tiny wings, to answer that question.