TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

Yay, I have a pair of each! All hatched healthy~

Can't wait to see the adults!

Waiting for TJ's new dragons to grow up is always hard, but this time it's twice as bad, because I'm really curious what the ominous secret message means (if it means anything) !

100 pages - that's great to see. A fantastic birthday event like this deserves lots of pages ! smile.gif

That filter update is awesome ! Finally being able to go from a specific filter to the action it is supposed to indicate (like the BSAs) makes working with the dragons so much smoother !

And I'll need some more time to get used to the 8th egg slot. Before my little ones hatched I kept looking twice every other time because that many eggs in a row just seemed to indicate some kind of mistake. (Egg didn't refresh to hatchling after hatching, or something like that.) laugh.gif

Also: Just one more week until the first raffle we've had in quite some time !

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

4h left, yay, can't wait to how these look like. happy.gif

Got all the pairs.

Almost all have mine have hatched now, and only one has gotten sick so far. He's currently hidden, hopefully everything will be fine. It's weird - I've been stalking the forums quite a bit, and noticed lots of people' experiences with these eggies found that they needed 5000+ views to hatch. Yet, I've got four that hatched with around 3000 views, and then one with 5000 views (sick) and another with 6000 views. They're all hidden as well, just in case....the one with the lowest stats would be my red hatchie, who surprisingly had hatched at 2,835 views. I believe they were ER when hatching occurred, however I can't be sure as most hatched when I was asleep. I was super worried about them, and used Ward before heading to bed. Woke up to my hatchlings all being fine, as the sick one had already hatched before them.

Anyways, that being said, I'm super excited to see that adults! This has been quite the Birthday Event, and I've really enjoyed it. smile.gif

I managed to catch a second set of these eggs and I feel relieved. happy.gif The most problems occurred with trying to catch an alpine one since at some point I accidentally grabbed a Xenowyrm which got me egglocked. Luckily my Ice hatched soon after so I had room for one more egg again.

I've gotten almost a full 1st set again +1 extra white and -1 of the jungles... mostly thanks to the amazing people here! I love this community <3

Edit: saw one in the jungle and missed it, dang things keep avoiding me dry.gif

Edited by Clya

My eggs are hatching! And tj's will grow up by about midnight for me <33

We don't need the new release flood for more than a day, but we DO need at least an increase in the percentage of new releases for several days to a week after the release date. That way, there will still be other eggs for those not interested in a new release, but also enough new releases dropping so that the majority doesn't have to spend days on the internet just trying to get a full first and second set.

Everyone is clicking on the new eggs in the hatcharies so other ER eggs need 20-30 mins to hatch. mellow.gif

I only need one from Jungle and then I'll have two complete sets! Three of the first ones that hatched on me were sick and took some time to get better but the next ones (no incubating) have been fine! It's so weird to be this careful with these things, it really adds their value in my heart when I have to take such good care of them.

And yay, only 3 hours until TJ's dragons grow up!

Apart from the whites which got sick once they got to the final stage of cracking but they got well after some ward and fog on them, I had no troubles with the rest. My first batch hatched without incidents apart from those two, so I'm glad. Got my pairs for those which I had only one, now waiting for TJ's hatchies to turn into adults smile.gif.

Also, I could reapply ward on one of my whites after the first ward expired. Not sure if that's supposed to happen but I'm glad xd.png .

Just woke up and it looks like the amount of people in the biomes has gone down a bit. Good time to try my luck in the Jungle again.

In Ye Olde Days we could have 3+ days of nothing but the new breed dropping. It was pretty crazy.

Ah, I remember those days too. I remember them with great fondness!

I would to see that happen again. Or at least some kind of compromise - maybe as a few people have suggested 48 hours without any other eggs mixing in. It would save a lot of upset.

Got complete pairs. smile.gif Plus an extra red and blue. Still waiting on three of my originals to hatch. This takes quite a while.

Edit: Also these eggs don't seem to be too hard to get comparatively to a few of the other releases. I'm assuming these will be more on the common side of uncommon. They appear with every 5 min drop pretty much. We've had drops recently where we didn't even see any of the new eggs.

Edited by Earth Gurl

More time with the new drops would be nice. I logged in about 8am the next morning, Cave time, and they were already mixing. sad.gif

I'm working on my second set. I usually try to get 3 CB pairs for each release, so I have 5ish sets to go. This will take me FOR-EH-VAR the rate they're dropping now. *sigh*

I have an extra white and a red if anyone needs them. Still looking in the Jungle for yellow but seeing very very few.

Edit: red and white are both spoken for. smile.gif

Edited by BatPopsicle

Has anyone actually approached TJ and asked him if they eggs should be this hard to get?

For two reasons:

1. This has happened several times before. Eggs have been super hard to get when they shouldn't be and he fixed it.

2. You'd think a celebration release wouldn't be hard to get because it's a...celebration!

Ehhhh.... I realised this morning that I think of DC birthday events as being more like boss fights than celebrations. I mean, sure, you get nice stuff if you can beat the boss, but don't come in looking for a stroll in the park. rolleyes.gif

Ehhhh.... I realised this morning that I think of DC birthday events as being more like boss fights than celebrations.  I mean, sure, you get nice stuff if you can beat the boss, but don't come in looking for a stroll in the park.  rolleyes.gif

This happened with the fire gems but they were only limited to the volcano. And this dropped only flooded the cave for five hours before old eggs mixed in

Edit: And TJ has been on so he could have fixed the problem at any time

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Even tho my collection are done, I'm now curious as to what color they will produce when bred with each other (different color)

Guess the adults have to come first biggrin.gif

This happened with the fire gems but they were only limited to the volcano. And this dropped only flooded the cave for five hours before old eggs mixed in

Edit: And TJ has been on so he could have fixed the problem at any time

huh.gif What's your point? I'm not actually complaining about the drops, in fact. I've seen (and caught) several of these eggs this morning. My 'net's not amazing but I am patient and a decent catcher. I was merely making an observation about how I've come to view DC Birthday events in general, not just this one specifically.

Tbh, I think the eggs were harder to collect when they first came out due to everyone attacking them crazily at least for me. I still see at least one every five mins, they seem to be pretty common and they are easier to get right now because there are not as much demand for them.

I have an extra white and a red if anyone needs them. Still looking in the Jungle for yellow but seeing very very few.

I'd like them, i've actually been looking for those two exact eggs. they're the last ones i need for a full set

Edited by DogeProvolone