TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

Woo! Just got an alpine egg, finally! Just need coast and jungle now, and that'll be a full set. <3

My white got sick just before it hatched last night, and stayed sick for hours under fog this afternoon. Fortunately, it seems to be better now. I've only been putting them on one click site, and they seem to be making decent progress, though they are by no means hatching quickly. I should probably quit incubating them early to give them more time.

ETA: One of my ERs just hatched, no softshell! One clicksite and ER at 3d23hr seems to be working pretty well for me.

Edited by Scatterspark

really? huh. I just don't know. Mine didn't get a big hole until the 2 day mark, and then hatched.

What is your process for getting enough views to get them to actually crack, without them also getting sick?

The easiest way to raise any egg is to chuck it EATW and it will basically intellegently calculate the right number of views at the right time without sickness. With these eggs you will also need some more on top of EATW's to make them hatch on time.

My best explanation is that people put them in the ER versions (like myself) increasing the views but running the chance of getting sick high.

but see that's what confuses me xd.png mine were in the ER, they were all down to close to 2 days and i was trying to get them to just hatch already, becuase i'd have no time the followign days to baby them. It was last night or dead eggs.

So they were in multiple ERs.

THe only thing i can come up with is that people were removing them when i would fog them and unfog them over the course of the night, so i was actually in a lot less ERs than i thought

but see that's what confuses me xd.png mine were in the ER, they were all down to close to 2 days and i was trying to get them to just hatch already, becuase i'd have no time the followign days to baby them. It was last night or dead eggs.

So they were in multiple ERs.

THe only thing i can come up with is that people were removing them when i would fog them and unfog them over the course of the night, so i was actually in a lot less ERs than i thought

When I was doing the ER fog dance, I would unfog as soon as they got better and then immediately stick them back in EATW/Neglected Dragon Daycare on ER until they got sick again and then fog and repeat.

I'm having very little luck trying to get my second batch of eggs. Got one red and one black, but it seems like they aren't dropping very much at all... I've only *seen* about twelve in the last two hours.

Does anyone need a blue egg? I have one on cooldown that needs a home. Send me a PM smile.gif

Goshdarnit!! I was away from the internet for four hours and didn't fog my babies because they were ready to hatch. Come home to eight sick hatchlings. I fogged them, but there is no way of knowing how long they've been sick for. I realy, really hope they don't die on me.

If this makes you feel any better... My hatchies were sick at 5000-7000 views/800-900 UVs and 5 have just gotten over their sickness. smile.gif

I love these new eggs and the look of the hatchlings. I look forward to the new changes.

Thank you TJ!

I'm having very little luck trying to get my second batch of eggs. Got one red and one black, but it seems like they aren't dropping very much at all... I've only *seen* about twelve in the last two hours.

Yeah. I don't think they're rare- I see them often enough to assume it's probably just an uncommon. But with all the people out there trying to get these eggs, I can understand why it would be hard to get one, let alone SEE one.

When you really want to collect the new eggs then see things you have not seen in a long time in the cave and click that instead xd.png I got cheeses and xenos.

Yeah. I don't think they're rare- I see them often enough to assume it's probably just an uncommon. But with all the people out there trying to get these eggs, I can understand why it would be hard to get one, let alone SEE one.

i got you the volcano and forest you requested! i'll send you a pm in the morning around 8 am est with the teleport link c:

Geez...trying to get my second set (so I'd at least have two of each) and I'm just missing the jungle one...only I've hardly seen any show up.

I've waited long years for these features... specially the one that allows dragons to be organized in groups! I was playing DC less and less because I couldn't find my dragons anymore in such big scroll.

And the extra egg slot is a bless smile.gif also, being able to incubate all eggs in one time would be really great.

As for the new dragons, they seem so difficult to get...

anyways, thank you DC for this!

Geez...trying to get my second set (so I'd at least have two of each) and I'm just missing the jungle one...only I've hardly seen any show up.

I feel you there. Tried to get a Jungle one and it slipped right out of my grasp. ;n; I was gifted a white one and I snagged a red one, but other than that, nuuuupe. Second set seems impossible at the moment. xD

Thanks, Dragon Cave Wikia! Now you've put it in my head that they're Power Ranger eggs and I'm going to call them that for all eternity. rolleyes.gif

I really miss the flood of eggs, we use to have. To bad we had so many complaints.

Any speculation that the white one will have a green alt? (White/Green Power Ranger)

EDIT: Btw, the original stars of the White/Green Ranger and Pink Ranger are coming to the Florida SuperCon this July! biggrin.gif

Edited by Caelest

Me neither. Still looking for my first yellow and hoping for a second red. xP

I have a red one I'm trying to find a home for. smile.gif

Me neither. Still looking for my first yellow and hoping for a second red. xP

i could catch those for you if you like c:

and almost got a jungle but then netnanny time limits kicked in :c

Am I just having really bad luck, or are there hardly any eggs dropping? I've seen a total of two since yesterday.

I really miss the flood of eggs, we use to have. To bad we had so many complaints.

People used to complain about egg floods? Is that because they would mess up the breeding ratios too much or something?

People used to complain about egg floods? Is that because they would mess up the breeding ratios too much or something?

I believe both that and the fact people who wanted to hunt for other eggs couldn't. I think it did mess with breeding ratios for a while though.

Does anyone else get my same joy about hunting in the Volcano, I have ended up almost completing my cb firegem set I never got having missed the release. Also have gotten two cheeses! Though I wonder about cheese in a volcano...wouldn't it melt or dry up?

Edited by Asketil

I have a red one I'm trying to find a home for. smile.gif

Thanks for the offer! I'll let you save it in case there's someone who came on late and still doesn't have one. ^^

i could catch those for you if you like c:

No thanks. ^^ If I was worried enough, I'd go put up swaps in a trading thread or something. ;3

No, they just didn't like eggs flooding so long. They caught their fill and then wanted to hunt other things, pretty much.

Am I just having really bad luck, or are there hardly any eggs dropping? I've seen a total of two since yesterday.

They are not flooding anymore. It's not just you. Keep looking, though! I'm wishing you luck. o3o