TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

I'm wondering if the wording could be changed to avoid confusion. When I used to ward on mine I think it said "already protected" and when it was long past the 6 hours I checked out of curiosity if it could be done again and it still said "already protected".

I think that's what happened with raptor. I think it's a glitch - there's a report in Help.

Goshdarnit!! I was away from the internet for four hours and didn't fog my babies because they were ready to hatch. Come home to eight sick hatchlings. I fogged them, but there is no way of knowing how long they've been sick for. I realy, really hope they don't die on me.

I think that's what happened with raptor. I think it's a glitch - there's a report in Help.

Oh I thought it was just a wording error. Well if the ward was still working past the 6 hours then that explains why my eggs never got any sickness.

Goshdarnit!! I was away from the internet for four hours and didn't fog my babies because they were ready to hatch. Come home to eight sick hatchlings. I fogged them, but there is no way of knowing how long they've been sick for. I realy, really hope they don't die on me.

*peeks* I think they'll pull through, but they're probably gonna be sick for a while. sad.gif I have some with similar stats that hatched sick this morning, I fogged them right after they hatched and they're still sick now. *crosses fingers*

I honestly don't recall a recent time when anything I have raised has gotten sick. I only use one click site anyway, and I just keep an eye on them through the day just in case. There's no need to add them to a click site for at least 2 days after getting them anyway.

Maybe just use one click site, and if your eggs don't hatch at the 4 day mark, just put it into the ER of said website you were using?

If anything I think the ward is useful for when you are headed to bed. You can also hide your scroll/not put your name on dragons/fog your eggs if you are that worried. It seems some people have yet to learn the ropes of how to protect their eggs and draggies properly!

If you are THAT worried, and there is a time that you are not going to be around for a day, then simply fog it. No one is forcing you to hatch it the SECOND after 4 days. There's no rush. If you are getting viewbombed, then you need to simply take your name out of the public light for a while. Especially during new releases and holidays. Once you get vigilant and work with the time you have open, it becomes easy to manage. *shrug*

Edited by Lyxii

"Six eggs = one more egg slot. Wait--TWO now. TWO!!!!"

I've had this realization multiple times over the last two hours of egg hunting (with different numbers that is tongue.gif )

Well, what happened with me is the fact my egg was sick and was still protected after the six hours (I should have taken a picture of it) but my thought process at the time was due to the fact my mindset was not all there and I thought it was a cool glitch.

I honestly don't recall a recent time when anything I have raised has gotten sick. I only use one click site anyway, and I just keep an eye on them through the day just in case.

Maybe just use one click site, and if your eggs don't hatch at the 4 day mark, just put it into the ER of said website you were using?

If anything I think the ward is useful for when you are headed to bed. You can also hide your scroll/not put your name on dragons/fog your eggs if you are that worried. It seems some people have yet to learn the ropes of how to protect their eggs and draggies properly!

If you are THAT worried, and there is a time that you are not going to be around for a day, then simply fog it. No one is forcing you to hatch it the SECOND after 4 days. There's no rush. If you are getting viewbombed, then you need to simply take your name out of the public light for a while.

Especially during new releases and holidays. Once you get vigilant and work with the time you have open, it becomes easy to manage. *shrug*

I haven't had sickness issues in general either and I've been playing since 2008, but these new eggs seem to behave differently. I ERed mine and they ended up at the last cracking stage and 3 days 22 hours left...then instead of hatching they just became sick. I had to wait 7 more hours before they hatched (thankfully healthy by then). It definitely wasn't that easy to manage, I wouldn't risk leaving them unfogged to hatch naturally like any other egg.

That being said, I agree that sickness isn't that big of a problem in other circumstances, and ward is indeed quite useful.

I'm just glad the hatchies are not getting sick as often as they were for me. I put them in three different hatcheries so far

I REALLY hope these don't turn out like the Xenowryms, super freaking hard to catch... dry.gif Why release SIX new dragons, and make them impossible to catch!? UGH!!

I know. I was on one of the bioms and it never showed up at the top of the hour. Plus I didn't realize it was going on until today.

I haven't had sickness issues in general either and I've been playing since 2008, but these new eggs seem to behave differently. I ERed mine and they ended up at the last cracking stage and 3 days 22 hours left...then instead of hatching they just became sick. I had to wait 7 more hours before they hatched (thankfully healthy by then). It definitely wasn't that easy to manage, I wouldn't risk leaving them unfogged to hatch naturally like any other egg.

That being said, I agree that sickness isn't that big of a problem in other circumstances, and ward is indeed quite useful.

I agree. These eggs got sick on and off and took forever to even crack before they ever reached the ER stage and then once they were ER, they just kind of stayed sick. I gave up and fogged them at 3 days 22 hours and went to bed. I was able to hatch them successfully around 3 days 16 hours and they were healthy, but became sick almost immediately after. They're fine now after being fogged most of the day, but these are some of my first eggs (outside of prizes) that didn't hatch almost immediately after reaching such a low time.

Finally made groups for every breed I own.

Now to make groups for projects.

Also, after making all the groups, it highlight places where my collection was lacking. Maybe I can reach 1000.

Possibly.

I just need the Coast and the Jungle ones to fill out all the eggs I need but they are hard for me to catch.

My scroll is hidden and my eggs are sick again dry.gif

Only one this time, but it makes me really nervous *hides and tosses ward at the egg* YOU WILL HEEEAL.

In other news, sorted all of my "family birthday" dragons into groups as well as some important lineages! I'm so happy to have such organization... it's making it much more enjoyable to navigate my scroll and find particular dragons.

Made a group for my Water Army. Randomly.

I did not have any trouble with sickness. I had m ine at about 1000 views before I incubated and er'd them then no issue thereafter.

Mine have been fogged basically all day today, 3 are still sick but at least they didnt die on me x)

Edited by Scarlet

*bows to the glory that is that screenshot*

Still having troubled getting the ones I'm missing but I caught doubles of the ones I do have so I can at least trade for em. I'm very intrigued and want to know what they will all look like.

*pokes Tj's hatchies so they grow faster*

The only thing I want to see now is changing our user names.

Hallelujah. I want to be MetalRaveQueen, which has been my name across every other game and platform for years now, just not here, because I can't. Oh, and Scroll names. Everyone puts an "o" instead of a zero in my Scroll name and it gets perpetually annoying, especially since that one was my old scroll that has been burned, and people assume I was recently burned, etc. *shakes head at being a stupid kid back then*

The new Forum software has a "Username History" in the side panel of a member's profile, so perhaps when we switch to it eventually, changing Usernames will be available (limited uses of course) and it wouldn't be a huge issue. Then scroll name changes could perhaps be implemented soon after that.

Edited by predatorfan4ever

I keep a super close eye on all my dragons, but so far I haven't even had to fog any, of my new eggs - I've had no sickness. They DO seem to take a long time to hatch even once ER though, almost down to 2 days

To comfort anyone worried about sick hatchies, I had a few with 5,500 views / 750 UVs / 10 clicks and they were sick for over twelve hours but are now better. Hang in there! smile.gif