TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

I'm going to wait a bit before adding them back into the ER

My eggs have all hatched and the hatchlings are fogged as they are sick.

I used Ward on the eggs once they hit four days as they all became sick once I added them to low time hatcheries. I left them in hatcheries whilst they hatched and kept an eye on them. I shall leave them fogged until they recover from sickness.

I hope everyone else is as fortunate.

I am really disappointed to see that my worst fears have been confirmed and that these new eggs are at best uncommon sad.gif It's rather but a dampener on the birthday to have so many eggs that are going to be so difficult to get - they are hardly appearing in the cave at all.

Edit: And suddenly they seem to be dropping a little better smile.gif Let's hope this continues.

Edited by Nikki_Of_The_Night

@Duysterwald what if they're sick and no longer can be protected by ward?

It depends on how much the egg is cracked, how old the egg is, how many views it has and for how long it has been sick. For example, if the egg is at 3 days and 22 hours, fully cracked and has more than 4000 views, I would think it's close to hatching (even without Ward) and so I would stick it in all known ERs until it reaches 5000 views or so. That should probably take 30 minutes to an hour. But if the egg is at e.g. 4 days and 4 hours, isn't fully cracked and has less than 4000 views, I would keep it fogged for a few hours until the sickness has lifted. But that's just me, though - you should just trust your gut instinct with your babies! smile.gif

I'm going to wait a bit before adding them back into the ER

Me too. The amount of views these eggs get in a short time is insane! Hopefully by the time I add mine the activity will have died down a bit.

I'm scared to add mine to the ER. I don't want them to die when they hatch. sad.gif

I love the hatchies! Can't wait to see the adults!

I fogged mine since I'm going out and I don't want to return to dead eggs, will add them when I have time to keep an eye on them. They gain views quite fast and it's a risk to keep them in hatcheries without supervising them. Good luck all with hatching them!

I love the hatchies!  Can't wait to see the adults!

Yes! I'm especially excited for whatever the, "This isn't even my final form" means too biggrin.gif

Edited by DoodleNoodle14

FINALLY

my red one hatched.

But the white got sick, AGAIN >.<

I'm keeping all my eggs fogged until they hit 4 days... I just don't want to go through the hassle of fogging and unfogging them all the time .

Two hatchies so far, no apparent sickness but fogged anyway!

Phew! My Coast Hatchi is alright! I suspect my black hatchi is alright as well.

Also, my eggs are not fully cracked yet. They have the small hole in them

Like others, I've got one sick at 3d 23h.

Weird!

Maybe TJ wants us to experiment with ward? Lol

6 of mine hatched sick still in fogballs 5 hours so far sad.gif

now sat with son watching his all S5 no sign of sickness (yet) views around 3250 fingers crossed they hatch healthy smile.gif first 2 out healthy stats 3,274 697 0 and 3,310 697 1

Edited by rrattts

I feel very lucky. 4/6 of mine hatched so far, and none of them are sick. o.o I hope all the eggies and hatchies that are sick make it out okay ♡

Edited by Sea Pancake

I feel very lucky. 4/6 of mine hatched so far, and none of them are sick. o.o I hope all the eggies and hatchies that are sick make it out okay ♡

Wow blink.gif, a LOT of your eggs didn't get sick. Well, congrats!

I used "ward" on all of mine and they all got sick. At 3.23 days and on er on two sites. Something seems defintely wrong in Dragon Cave land.

I used "ward" on all of mine and they all got sick. At 3.23 days and on er on two sites. Something seems defintely wrong in Dragon Cave land.

The same thing happened to me as well. And it was wayyyyy before the 6 hours were up too blink.gif

My last two eggs are both warded and are both sick. I'm trusting the ward, I'm going to hatch them.

Ward prevents DEATH, not sickness. But I think most of us - and I include myself - are incubating and trying to hatch things fast. And as new releases always get too many views too fast....

Mine are getting sick - but fogging fixes it fairly quickly - though I ALWAYS fog for 24 hours when something gets sick.

One of mine -- not the lowest time one, either -- just hatched.

Overall views: 3,817

Unique views: 691

Clicks: 25

I never ERed it and it did not get sick. I have had it in AoND and Valley Sherwood since it was at about 5d 8h (incubated).

None of my other eggs have gotten sick, either. I can be a bit patient with them rather than stress out over sickness. wink.gif They are all well under 4 days and have large holes.

One of mine -- not the lowest time one, either -- just hatched.

Overall views: 3,817

Unique views: 691

Clicks: 25

I never ERed it and it did not get sick. I have had it in AoND and Valley Sherwood since it was at about 5d 8h (incubated).

None of my other eggs have gotten sick, either. I can be a bit patient with them rather than stress out over sickness. wink.gif They are all well under 4 days and have large holes.

I'll have to try just using those two sites then. Maybe it will make a difference.

Ward prevents DEATH, not sickness.

Yep, that's why I'm trusting it.

I've only got mine (all incubated) in AOND, and only one has hatched - and hatched sick (wasn't sick as an egg) - but it recovered after being fogged for an hour or so... I put them in around 5 days.

But I DID ER them.... I shan't do so again, I think !