TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

Happy Birthday DC!

Hopefully I'll be able to catch at least one! I'm out of practice. tongue.gif

The white's, of course.

I only have three whites, and constantly egglock myself.. The cooldown is 2 weeks... I think that's too much.

I've never had bad luck putting new eggs on one particular hatching site that requires clicking on others' eggs and hatchlings to keep yours on. They have a good system in place so the chance for view bombing is pretty low.

happy birthday biggrin.gif

I like all these changes so far. I have to say this is the first time I have had a problem getting the new eggs. Only seen 1 and missed that.

I have two white eggs (forest) up for grabs! I need to look for the other colors, so these guys need new homes. Both were caught last night. PM me if you've had trouble with the release and would like one smile.gif Edited by The Dragoness

The white's, of course.

I only have three whites, and constantly egglock myself.. The cooldown is 2 weeks... I think that's too much.

That's the same cooldown as incubate and fertility.

Did the date joined on thing change or break? It gave the full date of when I joined earlier and now it says 2006-2010.

Eh, what you gonna do with only three whites and 5 eggs huh?

Maybe I need to finish my two projects (they needs whites) with those two.

The white's, of course.

Well, if you don't want or can't get more whites as yet, fog them and wait 24 hrs before you put them anywhere. That isn't bad strategy for any new release

Edited by ainisarie

I still hope TJ changes the Joining Date back to the oldest dragon.

Even if you had eggs, dropped them, and got more, it's still a lot more accurate than saying "Joined on: 2006–2010"

Where's the sense in showing a joining date that spans 4 years? blink.gif

Did the date joined on thing change or break? It gave the full date of when I joined earlier and now it says 2006-2010.

TJ posted saying it had been based on the date of our oldest dragon, since the site didn't track join dates until 2010, but then changed it because it might not be accurate that way. There's a suggestion thread asking to change this though smile.gif

thank you again TJ, spriters, mods and everyone else that made this epic event possible. biggrin.gif

I'd love to have more to do with events but I'm lazy, uncreative, and unhelpful. =p TJ and the artists really have all the great and fun ideas, so all credit to them!

~

I'm still missing at least one yellow and red dragon. Waiting to unlock. ^^

That's the same cooldown as incubate and fertility.

It still seems rather long for something that only lasts 6 hours; I was expecting a week CD. Ah well, not like I don't have a zillion whites anyway tongue.gif

TJ posted saying it had been based on the date of our oldest dragon, since the site didn't track join dates until 2010, but then changed it because it might not be accurate that way. There's a suggestion thread asking to change this though smile.gif

Oh, I hope so. I liked how it gave me accurate info.

Happy Birthday DC from a brave newbie - I don't post much.

I have done quite well filling empty slots. I think it is easier when it is night time for the majority of Dragon Cavers.

Not that it has been easy. It was easier when the other eggs were dropping for me.

I would like help finding settings to get on the monthly drawing of those special eggs. My long suffering mentor is probably resting (from mentoring me unsure.gif

I would like help finding settings to get on the monthly drawing of those special eggs. My long suffering mentor is probably resting (from mentoring me unsure.gif

Account -> Raffle Status

Happy Birthday DC from a brave newbie - I don't post much.

I have done quite well filling empty slots. I think it is easier when it is night time for the majority of Dragon Cavers.

Not that it has been easy. It was easier when the other eggs were dropping for me.

Click on "Account" on the first page of your scroll, then you will see "Raffle" on that page.

Just realized that there was a birthday event today. OOPS!

I wish that eggs like these dropped all day so those of us who discover things late would have a chance too. (not to sound whiny)

Is there a How-To on the Groups?

About the join date: I know I joined in 2009, but I ended up having no clue what I was doing, had rubbish dial-up internet at the time, and accidentally got all of my dragons killed. I then left for a while to come back in 2014, which is when I got my first dragon to adulthood. I thought that the 4/4 was the max amount you could ever have, and that the only way to get more was to either kill or release your dragons, so I refused to do either and left the site again until I came back in 2015, finally knowing how to play the game. So my join date, if by the first dragon owned, will be like 5 years off xd.png

Anyway, I really wish there was a way to refresh/auto-update the groups. Like, I wish my vampire group would auto-update any time I get more vamps on my scroll, but more so my one PB-lineage project; I can easily add one half, but have to do the other manually, since it's not quite done yet. I mean, like a button that I could hit or an option somewhere, similar to when you first make a group, that will let you scan the scroll and add them by breed or lineage after the fact. Love the groups function, though! I will be using it more once I have the time to sort my dragons properly ^^

Edited by Natakiro

I am kind of disappointed that they were integrated so quickly. We normally have more time. Sigh.

Well happy birthday anyway..

Ahh... Never again will I know the frustration of being at 6/7 eggs 21/21 total.

Now it's 7/8 24/24 *screams*

And no one currently looks worth freezing at the moment. </3

I'm really loving Ward. maybe for nostalgia's sake because people have been suggesting white dragons protect from sickness for a long time. Also my "available for BSA" list just doubled in size.

To everyone: Please don't rely on the new White BSA. As far as I can tell, it doesn't actually do anything to stop the sickness, and the egg can just die off 6 hours later. I only really see it being useful if an ER gets sick but you don't want to fog it before it hatches.

On a related note, anyone know if Ward can be used more than once on the same egg or on hatchies? I haven't tested it yet.