TJ09

2017-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 11th Birthday

I've been incubating and then when they're ready to hatch, lightly ER them. It takes a little more time and all of mine have gotten sick, but once they hatch I fog them and they've been fine. Recover pretty quick too.

Yeah, I'm less concerned about the sickness itself as I am that they're getting sick at all when normal eggs don't with the numbers I'm seeing mine get. The only eggs that act this way are Prize dragon eggs, so it's making me a little nervous that they really are rares. This is mostly a problem because they're beautiful and I was only able to get one of each color, so I'll be sad if it's Gold-level difficult to get any more.

Edited by silver_chan

Yeah, I'm less concerned about the sickness itself as I am that they're getting sick at all when normal eggs don't with the numbers I'm seeing mine get. The only eggs that act this way are Prize dragon eggs, so it's making me a little nervous that they really are rares. This is mostly a problem because they're beautiful and I was only able to get one of each color, so I'll be sad if it's Gold-level difficult to get any more.

True. I bet a lot of people will be open to breeding theirs though, so I'm sure you'll be able to get some eventually. smile.gif I know I'll be breeding.

I'm a numpty - I've somehow ended up with one female and three male black Zyus. D'oh! Can't decide whether to try for a gender swap (once the chaps have actually gendered) or just suck it up 'cos I'll be collecting more anyway...

I'll be very firmly asleep when the first ones start growing up later tonight, so I guess I'll find out about possible BSAs when I wake up. smile.gif

I've found it's best to gradually add these guys to hatcheries, one a day after the 6 day mark. (I add to 3 total.) That way that steadily gain ov/uv and you don't have to fog.

It's bewildering how careful you have to be and how long it takes these crazy things to grow up though. I've had better luck with shimmers and avatars and the like.

These guys better be super rare for all this effort. xd.png

/poking my eggs/

They keep getting sick when I incubate them, so I'm not doing it anymore. But that means I have a very long wait for them to hatch...

I really hope they're just uncommon, especially with the potential BSA they may or may not have... but that still means I might be waiting to complete my collection for some time. Oh well. Right now I'm just excited to see what's going to happen once these things start to grow!

There is no reason you can't incubate. Just wait til they are about 4 days 20 hrs or so (with a good number of views, of course), then incubate. It will delay hatching by a bit but is less worrisome than sickness.

So for me, Jungle and Coast seem to be the hardest to catch, and I'm seeing a lot of trouble with Jungle on here. Can confirm that seems to be the rarest?

Side note, is it just me or have we been getting a lot of eggs with 'shiny' and 'glow' in their descriptions?

Side side note: I know we got some other examples in the op, but does anyone have any ideas what future raffle requirements might be? Like, have x number of y dragons, or must have magikarp badge or things like that?

Edited by Ninjakittee

Side side note: I know we got some other examples in the op, but does anyone have any ideas what future raffle requirements might be? Like, have x number of y dragons, or must have magikarp badge or things like that?

Go to your Account.. click and see the "Raffle Status" in the lower right corner.

Click for Raffle info

Edited by a_god_s

For Enter the Monthly Raffle:

Go to your Accounts Page and click the Raffle Status link as seen below:

user posted image

After you click the link, you should be taken to the Site Raffles Page. There, you can enter the raffle. Once you enter the raffle, you should get a page like below, listing the requirements to enter the raffle and whether you have successfully entered the raffle or not:

user posted image

I hope this helps.

So people will know, because I saw somebody asking.

So for me, Jungle and Coast seem to be the hardest to catch, and I'm seeing a lot of trouble with Jungle on here. Can confirm that seems to be the rarest?

Side note, is it just me or have we been getting a lot of eggs with 'shiny' and 'glow' in their descriptions?

It's just most of people need or want the yellow now, I believe they're all of equal rarity, it's just that yellows are in a greater demand atm.

It should be fairly similar to the current requirement: rise/get x number of x (after day x=the day the new raffle's requirements get announced). as the "coming soon" in the news post suggests:)

Edited by VixenDra

I keep wanting to grab mints. I've already gotten a balloon for no reason, and another two random er eggs (one hatched). I love this groups thing.

I finally did it - all 6 with volcanic duo.

The hardest to get was for me the Forest one which is the one I think the most attractive.

I have not had sickness more than usual. I do check my eggs (and adults one never knows what they may be doing) every couple of hours. When they feeling off I fog for 24 hours.

I do what my mentor Fuzzbucket does. She calls it dedication and I personally think it is stubbornness.

All of mine are hatching around the 2500 view Mark and 600 unique views. So for no sickness as if yet. Knocking on wood as I type this. tongue.gif

My eggs & hatchies keep taking turns getting sick. xd.png I wonder if this is TJ's way of getting us to use "Ward." I wish it worked on hatchies. What's got me scared is my chicken egg keeps getting sick & I've never had that happen before. These lil guys seem to be more delicate than any of the Prize eggs/hatchies I have. blink.gif

I also can't wait for mine to grow up. It's going to be a long 14/15 hours. xd.png

Anyone have any of theirs grow up yet?

Anyone have any of theirs grow up yet?

Mine grow up in 11 and 12 hours due to the fact of them getting constantly sick.

I just noticed this "The shell of this egg seems soft, as though there’s something wrong with it. Thankfully, it has a protective barrier to keep it from harm." I didn't need to notice it before.

Edited by ainisarie

Thankyou to everyone involved, for those lovely dragons smile.gif

Also, that extra egg slot makes a huge difference. Thankyou. biggrin.gif

someone probably noticed this, but the codes of one of each dragon makes the sentence "this isn't even my final form". :0

My eggs & hatchies keep taking turns getting sick. xd.png I wonder if this is TJ's way of getting us to use "Ward."

I hope not! That'd be mean. ;; (well. not really.)(okay maybe just a little.)

Mine will grow up, tomorrow. At least 6 of them!

Then the others soon will, too biggrin.gif

Got both Genders of each Colour and a few more.

Are they taking a long time to gender for anyone else? Mine are below 5 days and still no wings. At least they haven't gotten sick since they hatched. *fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it*

Are they taking a long time to gender for anyone else? Mine are below 5 days and still no wings. At least they haven't gotten sick since they hatched. *fingers crossed I didn't just jinx it*

Mine gendered at about 7.5k unique views and 1k views at 5 days. Mine with less than 7.5k views did take a few more hours (I was asleep by the time they gendered, so not positive when they gendered but they're more at 6 - 6.5k views).

I'm having so much trouble getting another jungle one, ugh.

My friend needs just one more and then she'll have her complete two sets so I'm trying to help her out