Fuzzbucket

Fuzzbucket's Fluffy Bingo

BINGO will be closed as soon as I tally everyone.... So anyone hoping to slide under the wire with anything from round 3 - now or never biggrin.gif

No final clue for the ponderous puzzle? Or I suppose everyone got it?

AND - all closed. Points are tallied; we have four winners who have beaten their targets:

Rainbowlight by 2

Jolteon Tails by 8

purplehaze by 2

Ruby Eyes by 7.

I will PM you all about your PRIZES (as in you get to pick a pair to breed from my scroll) but now I have to cook.

No final clue for the ponderous puzzle? Or I suppose everyone got it?

It was there a few posts up. NOT everyone got it. smile.gif

Well done everyone.

And to those who asked:

Secret 1 - crimson flare pygmy – in spoiler text in the first tricky

Secret 2 – shimmerscale - in my profile, very obvious; it just said I wanted secret shimmerscales

Secret 3 - gold - in my profile, very obvious – it said herk was my secret gold

Secret 4 - GoN -– on my scroll, renamed as The Long-Awaited Bingo (poor thing)

Secret 5 - a rosebud I didn't put there - claimed by dirtytabs – in the instructions for a secret, which I had copied from someone else’s bingo….

Secret 6 - silver - in my profile, disguised in Saurian

Secret 7 - green - in spoiler text somewhere; I forget… laugh.gif

Secret 8 - red – the fake website in my profile

Secret 9 - geode - in spoiler text in the instructions for the hybrids cascade

Secret 10 - green nebula - an image linked in my sig

Secret 11 - stone - first letters of the lines of a riddle bingo

Secret 12 - GW – on my scroll renamed as Golden DustbingOf The Temple

Secret 13 – Gold Lunar Herald - on my scroll, renamed as Redbingold Herald

Secret 14 - Cassare – on my scroll, renamed as Myka Ophelia Bingo

Secret 15 –  Skywing- in spoiler text in a quote on the thread

Secret 16 - Alt Black – in spoiler text in Ponderous clue 2 instructions

Secret 17 – purple – in spoiler text in my sig

Secret 18 - Nocturne – named I am a Bingo and reached from a link in my sig,

Secret 19 - Red – on my scroll, named (permanently) as Z'Rubi Ngoeyes

Secret 20 – Xeno – spoiler text in thread

Secret 21 – nhio - an image linked in my sig

Secret 22 – white – in my custom title

Secret 23 – vampire – on my scroll renamed as Vampirica Terces Morticia

Secret 24 – Night Glory – renamed as Quisecret Twilight

Finding those secrets certainly paid off. It was fun hunting them. Thanks for such a great bingo game, fuzz. biggrin.gif

Congulation too all the winners. Can't wait for the next game. Though what's going to happen with the trophy levels and points?

As for me and rarely doing discerption it just that it seems to take a year+ for it to pass through and then another year+ if you find a simple error with like spacing. Totaling two years+. It also did not help that during that correction time the error discerption was erased from the page.

Thanks everyone smile.gif

Ruby Eyes - your PM box is full.... We need to talk xd.png

Dragongirl - I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Quick question, why is the "points needed to win" gap between silver and gold so small? Gold would have ~300 more dragons than silver and a five points-to-win seems a little unfair? Especially since between bronze and silver you need 10 more points to win but you would have only ~150 more dragons?

(The five point gap between none and bronze does seem fair however since it's a 50 dragon difference.)

I am the master just now - yes - but I have not the experience of older bingers... if anyone with more background can tell me why before I post the game, I will think on....

ETA I am considering... but I would like more experienced input. But 150 more dragons makes a LOT of difference. Also I don't want to change to way high targets or the game will last too long to be interesting. And our various breeding patterns can restrict anyway. Like whoever it was said they hadn't any of the new breeds as they hadn't got around to it, or something....and someone else never bothers with dinos....

And people have already signed up based on the previous plan.

OK - I have now heard some of the history of the point system we now have, and it replaces something FAR worse. I also don't like to change it when people have already signed up.

For FUTURE games, how would this work ? Comments from regulars welcome !

But for this game I am leaving it as it stands. The END. laugh.gif

Bringing this back real quick before a new bingo game starts. I still think it needs re-working. unsure.gif

Especially because we actually got a new trophy. (We could probably add a 5th trophy to the bingo game... maybe for 5,000+ dragons. It is after all, 5x as many dragons as 1,000.)

Edited by irrelevantindigo

No Trophy -- 15 points needed to win

Bronze Trophy -- 20 points needed to win

Silver Trophy -- 30 points needed to win

Gold Trophy -- 40 points needed to win

Platinum 'Trophy' (1600+) -- 50 points needed to win

I like the fuzzbucket's suggestion above. I did post regarding new trophy earlier in this thread, but seems like it got buried. sh20000sh also commented their opinion in response to my post. I have played this bingo game for more than two years; I think I have a rather good idea on what needs to change (as well as what doesn't need to change). Below is my tweaked version of fuzzbucket's suggestion:

Platinum Trophy -- 42 points needed to win

Diamond 'Trophy' (2,500+) -- 45 points needed to win

To me, it'd feel a bit too much if we add another trophy level. But the concerns are valid, and I agree the system needs a bit reworking. However, only a couple of people here have +5,000 dragons, so I think that's a bit high. I suggest around +2,500 dragons for Diamond 'Trophy'. Here's what will change if we go with the new system:

- Gold will need to earn 5 more points.

- Platinum is now an official trophy. The points required to win stays the same.

- Diamond 'Trophy' added for +2,500 dragon owners. 45 points to win, which is 3 extra points from Platinum Trophy.

I really don't want to make points (required to win) much more higher for Platinum and Diamond. But please feel free to give your feedbacks and opinions regarding the proposed new system.

Could you explain why it goes up my increments of 5, then 10 most of the way and then suddenly 2 and 3?

I'm sure you have a reason but I haven't been playing long enough to understand. :?

My proposal:

{same as JolteonTails}

Platinum Trophy -- 45 points needed to win

Diamond 'Trophy' (2,500+) -- 50 points needed to win

Edited by irrelevantindigo

It's fairly hard to put my past experience with bingos in words, but I'll try my best:

Take a look at the player roster post and compare points for each trophies, paying attention to the Platinum 'Trophy', though points each players have varies widely due to activity.

Note that it really depends on what bingos the host put out there (I essentially won thanks to secret bingos). The old, old system used to have bingos dedicated to each trophy categories (ex. Bronze bingo: CB Albino. Platinum: 3G Spiral Male Albino). Now we currently have bingos that are pretty much free for all. From what I've seen so far, they're usually mostly easy with a few challenging bingos. If there are too many easy bingos, then that puts Platinum/Diamond at a disadvantage. Some bingos also require luck (Challenge - timing, Ponderous - guessing right early, Cascade - depends on condition, Flash - also timing). When I hosted, I tried to balance between easy and hard bingos so the game would be fair for everyone. I typed my proposed system mostly out of experience.

Though your proposition could work as well. Increments of 5 for Plat and Diamond should be alright. It's up to the next host (Ruby Eyes, or somebody else) to decide what to do with the trophy levels/points.

I wish that more of the old bingo threads were available so that we could review how effectively the point system is functioning. I'm not sure that a game that includes players with such a wide range of trophy levels can ever be totally fair. Also, play styles have a lot of influence, maybe more than the number of dragons one has on her scroll.

The game used to include different questions for different trophy levels, but required the same number of points to win regardless of trophy level. Besides being a nightmare for the host, having to come up with so many different bingos, it ended up not really leveling the playing field anyway. So the current point system was devised. It may be time to revisit that, but I am curious as to why people are seeing it as a problem right now. Is it too easy for people with large scrolls to win? Too hard for those with small scrolls to have a chance? Where do you see a problem in the current system? In this game one of the lowest trophy-level "winners" was able to score the same number of points above goal as one of the highest trophy-level "winners". The two winners with the greatest number of points above goal came from two different levels. As JT sort of hinted, secret bingos may do more to level the playing field than anything else.

Now that the cave officially defines platinum as 1000+ dragons we may need to use that limit for our platinum level to avoid confusion. If we do that then we probably need another level above that. I have nearly 7500 dragons on my scroll which is a vast difference from someone who has just attained platinum at 1000. Even the 1600 limit that we had set years ago leaves a great gap.

I'm afraid I am rambling here. Just a few random thoughts to consider. I have no answers.

! First time winning a bingo ever since I joined!

Congrats to the other winners!

I've been playing bingo here since I think 2011or 2012 and never won xd.png

I do agree with you Purplehaze it would be nice to see the older bingo topics.

As I think I recall a few bingo varieties I would have liked to use that came from other hosts.

Plus it also gives me ideas for what linages I'm missing. As I don't always remember to note it down or I lose said information.

Edited by dragongirl02

I wish that more of the old bingo threads were available so that we could review how effectively the point system is functioning. I'm not sure that a game that includes players with such a wide range of trophy levels can ever be totally fair. Also, play styles have a lot of influence, maybe more than the number of dragons one has on her scroll.

The game used to include different questions for different trophy levels, but required the same number of points to win regardless of trophy level. Besides being a nightmare for the host, having to come up with so many different bingos, it ended up not really leveling the playing field anyway. So the current point system was devised. It may be time to revisit that, but I am curious as to why people are seeing it as a problem right now. Is it too easy for people with large scrolls to win? Too hard for those with small scrolls to have a chance? Where do you see a problem in the current system? In this game one of the lowest trophy-level "winners" was able to score the same number of points above goal as one of the highest trophy-level "winners".

I do think the point need tweaking. BUT - when you look at the startling number of platinum players who could not match even some of the secret or flash ones (a single dragon of a single breed) - having many more dragons is far from a guarantee of success. Not to mention the people who couldn't do checkers or PBs because they don't create those lines and the rest. I absolutely agree that it is worth talking this through before the next game starts.

Now that the cave officially defines platinum as 1000+ dragons we may need to use that limit for our platinum level to avoid confusion. If we do that then we probably need another level above that. I have nearly 7500 dragons on my scroll which is a vast difference from someone who has just attained platinum at 1000. Even the 1600 limit that we had set years ago leaves a great gap.

Yes to this one. Confusion is a PIA in any game. Someone explained to me how the old system worked and it left the "higher up" players both bored and frustrated, apparently. I don't think it's that much harder for players with smaller scrolls to win - and as an example, as purple says, this time we have Rainbow as a winner, and Jolteon Tails - not a Platinum - as an overall winner TWICE lately. Speed counts too. I only won (by accident !) because I happened to see two challenge bingos the second they were posted. ANYONE could have won those; first see, first win ! And some flashes will happen when some people are in bed or at the dentist/work/whatever, and...

So: Perhaps:

Platinum Trophy (now at 1000+) -- 42 points needed to win

Diamond 'Trophy' (2,000+) -- 45 points needed to win

What think ye ?

To any mod looking at a closed game - DON'T CLOSE THE THREAD till the next one starts - OK ? xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Sounds good to me.

What's the frequency of those bingos? Like, when is the next one supposed to start?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Sounds good to me.

What's the frequency of those bingos? Like, when is the next one supposed to start?

Soon. But we are taking time out to discuss the scoring smile.gif

Yeah, I got that. I just feel like I need to prepare some things in advance besides the scoring part smile.gif

Take your time. We'll see you when you're ready laugh.gif

Since previous Bingo threads seem to be unavailable: Are they usually run this way, with several bingos per round and such?

Topics in game section gets automatically deleted after 30 days without activity

That can be a bummer with something like this. I wonder if Sock can make hers available for Ruby to see, then.

ETA I just saved JT's, then for future ref.

Edited by fuzzbucket