Azure-Lord

Dragon Species From HOMM 3 In The Wake Of Gods

Okay, I do a list here, so you can see which dragons are featured in the game and which ones were invented by me.

Also, I try to build up a dragon family tree and suggest which dragons are related to each other, and so on.

If you can provide me a list of the current dragons and their abilities, it would be great. I can't start the game yet because of maintenance problems.

So, I think the dragons could have a father and a mother (simple thought), and with this, HOMM 5 (with expansions) can help. When a Dragon is a child, they don't have differences between male and female. But when a Dragon grows up, it will gain new abilities and upgrade to male and female Dragons.

Example: We have a Shadow Dragon. It upgrades to Black Dragon and Red Dragon. Red Dragon is the female, and Black Dragon is the male.

That's how Dragons would grow up and gain special abilities. These abilities are different for a female and a male. Male is usually stronger, and female weaker, but these things vary.

Next, the complete list of Dragons from HOMM 3 and HOMM 5, and I'll try to figure out how to create a new family tree for all Dragons.

Dragon God could be the "God" of all Dragons. Only one exists. It is without the doubt The Almighty. Then we get Supreme Celestial Dragons, that are like archangels of the Dragon God. Celestial Dragons are the normal "angels".

Do you have a Dragon family tree somewhere here? wink.gif

Okay, let's think about this - a combination of old and new ideas:

HOMM 3: Green Dragon - Male: Gold Dragon; Female: Diamond Dragon

HOMM 5: Green Dragon - Male: Emerald Dragon; Female: Crystal Dragon

These two ideas are fine but I think HOMM 3 is better!

HOMM 3: Bone Dragon -> Ghost Dragon -> Vampire Dragon (new; old is Blood Dragon) -> Death Dragon (new; old is Dracolich)

HOMM 5: Bone Dragon -> Spectral Dragon/Ghost Dragon

I would forget this idea, though Spectral Dragon sounds interesting!

HOMM 3: Red Dragon -> Black Dragon -> Drakness Dragon

HOMM 5: Shadow Dragon - Male: Black Dragon; Female: Red Dragon

HOMM 3: Azure Dragon/Crystal Dragon/Faerie Dragon/Rust Dragon

HOMM 3: Goronych (is a combination of a Dragon and a Hydra).

HOMM 5: Fire Dragon -> Magma Dragon/Lava Dragon

I think we could forget this and try something new.

Possible new Dragons:

Dragon God (only one exists)

Supreme Celestial Dragon (several exist)

Celestial Dragon (plenty exist)

Supreme Celestial Dragons help the Celestial Dragons; Celestial Dragons help all good-aligned Dragons.

Fire Dragon (evil dragon no. 1), Infernal Dragon (supreme evil)

Ferocious Dragon

Terror Dragon

What else?? I'm open for ideas!

Edited by Azure-Lord

Seriously, I've got no idea what you're talking about. I don't know squat about "the wake of gods" or "HOMM3/5", and I don't want Dragon Cave to become either. I want DC to stay DC. If you want to play a game with "your" dragons, either do so as a breeding project, or do so by playing a game that suits your idea of dragons better.

Haha, well, I'm just throwing ideas to improve the game! wink.gif

Yet, I need to think more. I need to learn what you folks have created here, learn to play the game (once the maintenance problems are gone).

I know... I'm a new member so you're confused about what I'm posting here.

But Dragons are a great interest for me and I LOVE fantasy worlds.

Seriously, I've got no idea what you're talking about. I don't know squat about "the wake of gods" or "HOMM3/5", and I don't want Dragon Cave to become either. I want DC to stay DC. If you want to play a game with "your" dragons, either do so as a breeding project, or do so by playing a game that suits your idea of dragons better.

I'm with olympe. If I wanted to play whatever it is you are talking about I would. I'm here because I love DC just the way it is. It could use the odd tweak - but nothing as non-DC as this. I just googled HOMM and I can't begin to tell you how much it doesn't interest me. It seems to be basically just an RPG game with loads of extensions. DC is lovely and peaceful.

I'm uploading the game to my dropbox account and will share here, don't worry! smile.gif

Exploring your game will be interesting, and I will do my best to help you folks to improve it. I just need an access to it first before I can help sensibly.

Could you please clarify the purpose of this thread? I'm not sure if you're discussing the game, if you're using this a notebook to share edits you want to make, if you're suggestion dragons to DC, etc. I'm just totally lost. Dx

I'm uploading the game to my dropbox account and will share here, don't worry! smile.gif

Exploring your game will be interesting, and I will do my best to help you folks to improve it. I just need an access to it first before I can help sensibly.

You don't get to improve the DC by "gaining access" to it. Only TJ gets to change it at all. You can make suggestions about DC in the suggestions forum. That's where such things are discussed endlessly by people who like to play DC - which is not remotely like HOMM, and I don't think anyone wants it to be - but if you are uploading HOMM to your dropbox - well, go for it; I'm not remotely interested, but HOMM is easily available for those who are.

Well, I should have read the board rules - sorry about breaking 'em. The game is great though - and it's a shame it seems not to be anywhere anymore - that's why I uploaded it. Same with AOD - Iron Cross, which is a WW2 strategy game. Gone. What a shame...

When I googled for HOMM yesterday I found free download links all over the place.

But it wasn't a matter of breaking rules - just that this is not a game where all of us users get to change things; it's TJ's game and he changes it anywhichway he wants. Sometimes as a result of a suggestion in the suggestions area, but more often - not, I'd say laugh.gif.

When I googled for HOMM yesterday I found free download links all over the place.

But it wasn't a matter of breaking rules - just that this is not a game where all of us users get to change things; it's TJ's game and he changes it anywhichway he wants. Sometimes as a result of a suggestion in the suggestions area, but more often - not, I'd say laugh.gif.

Okay, then I was wrong. rolleyes.gif Cool that it's still around!

Iron Cross isn't. But I have it in my hard drive as well.

Are you referring to this game? If so, you can't really take Dragon Cave dragons and mod them into game without TJ's/the other artists' permission. You can make your own inspired species, but all of these dragons belong to TJ and you'll be committing art theft if any of these sprites appear on someone else's game.

Good luck with figuring out how to play Dragon Cave or modding your own HOMM game though!

Edited by Jazeki