HeatherMarie

What's your favorite food and *why*?

My favorite food is tacos or really anything Mexican. Even though my family isn't Mexican but my parents both love the food so much that my mom is always cooking tacos or enchiladas and they're so good. 

Edited by aqub

Pizza is my absolute favorite food but I still haven't come up with a proper reason why (other than "it's really tasty"). :D Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there are many different options for toppings and the favorite toppings create near perfection together.

My favorite food is lasagna because it has several layers of deliciousness, and my family gets it for me whenever I had a rough time or accomplished something. 

I'd like to add a few things in addition to Mexican food. :lol:

Something more specific that I absolutely love is Lemon Rice Soup... It's been one of my favorite foods ever since I tried it at a diner when I was around 10. :D It's kind of plain since its only major ingredients are chicken, rice, cream of chicken soup, and some lemon juice, but I just think it's so great lol...

I also really like biscuits and gravy... its by far my favorite breakfast food. 

I'm a big fan of Thai food in general. My favorites are any kind of stir fry with a nice fishy savory soy sauce, with or without noodles. Anything with peanut sauce is also a big hit with me! Having a good sauce really makes the meal for me and I'm almost always satisfied with Thai food. I haven't tried as many curries because I am a bit of a spice wimp and I am afraid to risk it. However I've made this recipe a few times at home, with a bit less spice than it calls for, and it's turned out very tasty. It's almost even better as leftovers too.

My fave food is home-made lasagne. Why? Because. (I guess my middle name is Garfield ^^)

@Glavenus

You too? Good taste :D

Edited by Astreya

Since I am usually unable to get the 'Sukiyaki' that I love, I go to a local Mexican restaurant that serves a great menu!!!  Chili Verde Burritos; Chorizo Breakfast Plate; Albondigas Soup (meatball)... Chili Rellano Plate...  My fav's so tasty!!!

In an online survey, the restaurant won, hands down, as the best Mexican Restaurant in the Valley where we live..  

Not so much a food but I am obsessed with Peanut sauce/seasoning. And obviously I enjoy the taste.

Also sweet chili.

My favorite pizza is deep dish with mushroom, onions and pineapple with a side of blue cheese dipping sauce.

or Pizza with an order of fries from Franco's in Miami plus they have awesome stuffed shells.(which I won't be having anytime soon since I moved from S. Fla)

Edited by AngelsSin

I love frozen pizza because it is super fast and super easy to make. Just shove it into the oven for some time, check on it some time later and done. Got your full meal.

(Yes, I do not set a timer or anything. I have burnt like, maybe 1 or 2 pizzas a year (and those were still salvageable) and I eat pizza on 3-4 days a week, which means, it's happening rarely)

Hands down, bread. There's just so many types and ways you can have them.

You have sourdough, crispy outside, fluffy inside, with a tinge of sourness that lingers on your tongue. Then you have a baguette, a crispy delight. When it goes stale after a day or so, you can just bake it and you have yourself some bread chips, or add them to your salads as croutons. Then there is the buttery croissant, flakey and soft. Sometimes it's filled with chocolate, and the sweet and savory is like heaven on earth.

I mean, you can even add toppings on normal bread and have yourself a sandwich, pizza, or even bagel pizza!

I can literally go on for ages lol

My favourite is sushi, I just find it to be very refreshing and I never get tired of eating it- Lots of different varieties too!

Avocado and Salmon toast, it's pretty healthy and it has a fresh taste. Plus avocado and salmon are some of my favourite ingredients in general ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡