Forgot your password?
TJ09, April 28, 2017 in News
Posted May 1, 2017
The bright colors are so pretty!
Posted May 1, 2017
Art by Playdoh <3
Please forgive any typos
Sinii Krai Dragon
- Name: The name comes from Russian, Синий край, which literally translates to Blue Edge. It refers to the wings and I just thought it looked cool in English. I tend gravitate to less obvious names because I feel like it adds an extra element of realism - at least for me.
- History: Sinii Krai Dragons colors are based off of the Flame Angelfish. Even though Tetra Dragons and Sinii Krai Dragons are both based off of fish and both have socks they are in no way related. Sinii Krai Dragons were done back in 2010 (with a small update in 2017) and Tetra Dragons were done early 2017. It’s just coincidence that they are similar and got released so close together.
- Habitat: As the description mentions they live in at the coast in groups. They prefer habitats with plenty of fish available. While they can be kept in other climates they only thrive near large bodies of water. If fish migrate (like salmon for example) Sinii Krai will follow the fish.
- Diet: FISH. They will go crazy for seafood. They can be trained to eat other meats if they are taught from a young age but they will always prefer fish.
- Mating: Sinii Krai dragons mate twice a year when many groups will come together on neutral territory.
- Wild Behavior: These dragons can swim under the water for up to 10 minutes without coming up for air. They use their tail to help propel them in the water. In the wild, Sinii Krai Dragons tend to be more independent.
- Tame Behavior and keeping: It’s rare that someone will actually keep a Sinii Krai because they are frankly rather dangerous to keep. Between their temperaments and their poisonous skin they have earned a reputation that it’s better to admire from a distance. Some dragon keepers will still attempt to keep them, some even successfully. Only thrill seekers will hunt them out and try to raise them.
- Hatchling behavior: Hatchlings are little punks. Ungrateful and bity, they don’t suffer fools well. It's best to keep your distance.
- Vocal: Sinii Krai are notorious screechers. They are loud and vocal - both to each other and to others.
Finally: Congratulations Playdoh on getting incave! You did an awesome job helping with the female Sinii Krai.
I love the pose of the male Scimitar-wing Wyvern, with the head visible over the wing.
Thanks to the spriters for both dragons: Mysfytt, Corteo and Playdoh.
EDIT: and thanks to Corteo for these nice details about the Sinii Krai Dragon!
Between the colours and the poison skin the Sinii Krai are reminding me of Poison Dart Frogs... just me?
So happy for Playdoh, well deserved
Such lovely dragons!
Thanks so much for the details on the Simi's Corteo! Of course now I know that I am an unwise dragon keeper because I am certainly going to have several of them on my scroll.
All the dragons are lovely!
(Though, can't help but like the Sinii Krai more. They have such lovely colors.)
Thanks for the info on the Sinii Krais, Corteo! And congrats to Playdoh!
I think the colors on the Siniis are gorgeous, and I love the stripes on their bodies and I love the tail.
I think I kind of prefer the Scimitar-wing, though. Those colors are just so beautiful, I love the patterns on their wings, and those poses! I love the poses so much.
Oh, they look so awesome, all of them
I really like the Sinii Krai's colors and poses. I like the name as well, and the lore. Going to hoard these guys, just like the Tetras.
The Scimitar wings are very nice as well, a bit more subdued color-wise but the poses are really cool.
All in all this was great release, thanks TJ, Mysfytt, Corteo & Playdoh!
Love love love the adults 😍😍😍
I feel like the Scimitar-Wing would pair fairly well with the Tri-Horn. Not sure about the Sinii Krai yet 🤔
Love the adults! Thanks spriters and TJ!
Nice they grew up, and I love all of them.
Well done everyone involved.
Now to get (at least) 10 of each.
Such lovely dragons! Thank you for them both
they grew up \o/
cant wait for my eggies to hatch and grab some of those lovely wyverns, they turned out so neat <3
and thank you for the congrats!
I have 7 of each now, locked with eggs again. I still haven't gotten my required 20 of each Fire Gem color, and now I'm adding these to the list. Goodness. I love them, though.
Really love the Krai dragons conceptually and I like the execution, I only wish it looked more fish or aquatic-like. I love the female Scimitar-Wing. Good release everyone
The krai dragons are stunning!! I hope they don'y become too rare.
Gotta admit, as a fishkeeper I love the fish-based dragons.
Although I'm not a fan of them, I'm happy to have more breeds in the cave!
Thank you for the release
Congratulations spriters - lovely dragons!
Oh wow, these dragons are gorgeous! The Scimitars are awesome, I do find a little strange, however, that their sprite is that big when the breed is a smaller one.
Yesss, lovely work, spriters! The adults are so pretty <3 The patterns and poses on the Scimitar-Wings are just gorgeous, and the Sinii Krai look so bright and energetic. Love them!
Most of my hatchies gendered. I'll have to wait 14 more hours before I can grab some more... I hope they stay just as easy to hunt as they are now, so I can reach my 16-CBs-of-each-goal before DC's Birthday.
I love both dragons...... but those Scimitar-wing Wyverns....one of my favorites in DC. The female is amazing. Must hoard these! ❤
Thank you spriters. Awesome dragons!
No registered users viewing this page.