Acts of Random Kindness

Acts of Random Kindness

Yay, thank you to whoever nominated me! :o I am honored, even though I have no idea how I earned this, having been rather inactive over the past few months. X)

I don't know who nominated me but thank you so much, receiving the PM really put a smile on my face (in a stressful time)! :D

Always a nice surprise receiving the pm. Thank you who nomiated me! :wub:

And congratulations to all the other nominees and ARK for the work you do!

Like I do every year...  My Daughter was a Girl Scout and when ever they start selling the GS cookies, I go to one of the little stands and just give them $10 and tell them that the next person that comes up to buy some cookies, to give them 2 free boxes, my reat and then walk away.  I make sure that I say this in front of all the adults and girls so they all know what is supposed to be done with the money.

At another set-up yesterday,  I gave them a box of peanut butter/Ritz crackers to snack on since they couldn't snack on their cookies.  I felt bad for them standing out in the cold rain with so little activity/buyers...  At least they were under a roof...

Edited by Husky51
sdpelling

ARK List Update

Members listed below can now use our new badge in their DCF signature. Congrats to both new and familiar ARK-ers!

Congrats to our new ARK members, plus some very familiar names in the HM list! Thanks to everyone for being kind AND random, and thanks also to those who take the time to nominate. 

Quick reminder: as per the rules, when nominating, please put the forum name of the person being nominated in the subject line/message title box. This makes it so much easier for me to organize PMs! Thanks a bunch!

New Members

user posted image

DragonLady86

evilSpectra

Ninetails

Suzumiya

ARKstar2.gif Honorable Mentions ARKstar2.gif

s1qiid.jpg

Brekke

Dracaena

MIGOR

Mystic_Halo

Nathair

rinoa26

Oh my. Who nominated ME? I can't imagine what I even did to deserve a nomination! I mean, sure, I help when I can...but I figure everyone does. What a nice surprise. Thank you, whoever you are.

Thank you to whoever nominated me! I'm not sure of what I did though; the mystery of it all! This was a very sweet gesture :) 

Also, congratulations to the new listers and to those who were renominated!

Congrats to all...show your badges with pride!

What a nice surprise! Thank you for nominating me! Very proud to have the badge in my sig!

Welcome to the new ARK members and congratulation to all, new and familiar ones :D

I feel I should bring this to the attention of everyone here.  Tinypics is closing down, and as such the ARK image badge links are broken.  A new image host will be needed.  I personally am downloading the badge I received in 2017 and will get my own host for it.  I hope that's not an issue.  If it is, please let me know what are my options.  Thank you.

Thanks for letting me know! I've replaced as many of the images I could, but anyone currently using the broken links will need to copy/paste the new images into their signatures. 

It's been some time since ARK has updated, but we've received very few PMs since May. So, everyone, get to work!

-ARK

are the older badge images also being moved to a new host? My badge is broken and I do not see any way to get the image so that I can post it again.

@water_angelThis may help... I got a bit desperate and then I had an idea.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 9/12/2019 at 6:36 AM, Acts of Random Kindness said:

Thanks for letting me know! I've replaced as many of the images I could, but anyone currently using the broken links will need to copy/paste the new images into their signatures. 

Could you perchance go here: https://s755.photobucket.com/user/arkatdcforum1/library/ARK Awards?page=1

and grab the old badges to upload to the forum? My sig has gone all blurry :(

Look at my post Ruby - no wait; I will copy paste it here: 

Moment of genius - I have some saved threads and behold, the images of  SOME of the missing ones. I can offer these: 

I can look for others....

6fuips.png.a8e9724a637b141e0daaa04dd3a58da6.pngArk.jpg.70bc0b3d65d96ae353345e5ce859bd21.jpgdpfwyc.png.c8560069ec1ec524ab01d03f3a1db772.png370822022_honmention.jpg.b11e7b020353f2fe6d564165622d5dec.jpg

ETA adding this one I s1qiid.png.a7ad733518088d381a917c068490fc6a.png

I think I just got the lot from that photobucket link anyway: 

ARK2-1.gif ARKGroupA.gif ARKlist.png ARKstar2.gif DoubleGoldstar5.png ark_listed.png.b81961c69cfba9e03b93731272df976c.pngARK2.png.d2be97997eb7b9da2021660f09eb9b16.pngARKbadge3.gif.bb23f1169f0bc72c48662fb197e6fc9e.gifhon mention.jpg

Edited by Fuzzbucket

A reminder that once you fix the pic, you have to remember to go back and fix the link as well. 

Edited by tiny_gremlin

All ARK-ers and ARK fans:

I think I have re-added the relevant images to the first post. Thank you, Fuzzbucket, for pasting all those pics into the thread! I left some of the older images off, since I'm not sure who to credit for the art. If anyone knows for sure, I can post those images later. 

Unfortunately, I am unable to update the old ARK thread, so that one will continue to look funky for the rest of time. 

To the best of my knowledge (and someone, correct me if I'm wrong), everyone who has previously used the ARK image links in their signatures will now need to update the image. The "new" forum's copy/paste might be best, since it will not involve a link that may break in the future. (Again, if this is wrong, let me know. I'm not good at this stuff!) 

Thank you to @purpledragonclaw, @Awdz Bodkins, @jerzeeshadow, @water_angel, @Ruby Eyes, @tiny_gremlin, and especially @Fuzzbucket! I hope I didn't forget anyone. Thanks, you guys, for bringing this to my attention, and helping to fix this mess!

-ARK

Edited by Acts of Random Kindness

On 9/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, Acts of Random Kindness said:

All ARK-ers and ARK fans:

I think I have re-added the relevant images to the first post. Thank you, Fuzzbucket, for pasting all those pics into the thread! I left some of the older images off, since I'm not sure who to credit for the art. If anyone knows for sure, I can post those images later. 

Unfortunately, I am unable to update the old ARK thread, so that one will continue to look funky for the rest of time. 

To the best of my knowledge (and someone, correct me if I'm wrong), everyone who has previously used the ARK image links in their signatures will now need to update the image. The "new" forum's copy/paste might be best, since it will not involve a link that may break in the future. (Again, if this is wrong, let me know. I'm not good at this stuff!) 

Thank you to @purpledragonclaw, @Awdz Bodkins, @jerzeeshadow, @water_angel, @Ruby Eyes, @tiny_gremlin, and especially @Fuzzbucket! I hope I didn't forget anyone. Thanks, you guys, for bringing this to my attention, and helping to fix this mess!

-ARK

*blushes*

You're welcome. 

ARK List Update

Members listed below can now use our new badge in their DCF signature. Congrats to both new and familiar ARK-ers!

Sorry it's been such a long time, life became a bit busy. Glad to see that there were some PMs in the old inbox! Thanks for all you do to keep the forums a nice and random place!

There are still some old sad broken ARK images in signatures, remember to check yours! Images can just be copied and pasted, and will no longer rely on links that can disappear over time.

Edit: The Honorable Mention stars are back now.  ARKstar2.gif

New Members

ARK.png.b570901d62b961301af524b469309c86.png

Amazon_warrior

BlueLatios (x2)

osean

Nqli

random_dragon_collector

ARKstar2.gif Honorable Mentions ARKstar2.gif

ARKHM.png.8f4d996a8eb123a0589a7f7fd594b284.png

Artius

BlueLatios