Acts of Random Kindness

Acts of Random Kindness

So I, um, got a PM, and I was completely and utterly shocked I was chosen for this honor-thank you to whomever nominated me!  :wub:

Thank you so much to whoever nominated me! This was such a lovely surprise and it really means a lot to me. :wub: And thank you to the ARK team! 

Thank you to whoever nominated me! :wub: this has actually improved my mood after coming home from a horrible day at work! Thank you ARK team!

Haven't posted here yet, but thank you to whoever nominated me!  It was a very nice surprise (and it's also green!  though not minty)

Thank you so much for the nomination for ARK. It was a really nice surprise to find in my inbox a few days ago. I'm not really sure what else to say except that I am very grateful for the recognition.

ARK List Update

Members listed below can now use our new badge in their DCF signature. Congrats to both new and familiar ARK-ers!

Hello there, and I hope you all had a great April! To those of you listed below, thank you for your good deeds, and to those of you who wrote in, thank you for your nominations! I don't always answer, but I do enjoy reading every PM. Running ARK is a heartwarming experience, and I feel very lucky to be involved in this particularly cheerful part of the forum. 

To address a very good question brought to me via PM: It is very, very OK to nominate someone who already has an Honorable Mention! While it won't give them another star on the main ARK list (that would become bulky very quickly), I'm sure they would love being acknowledged for their kindness. 

New Members

user posted image

Brekke

DragonTooth

pixiezbite

Sunfish

teresadurfin

ARKstar2.gif Honorable Mentions ARKstar2.gif

s1qiid.jpg

Dirtytabs

Omen

The Dragoness

Toyo

Zimtie

Thank you to ARK and the person who nominated me! :) What a lovely way to start off the month! 

Wow :wacko: I am shocked and overwhelmed! Thanks to whoever nominated me :) 

oops... wrong post place.

Congrats to the Newest ARK reciepients!  :)

Edited by a_god_s

Wow, I'm shocked and honored!  Thanks to whoever nominated me and to the whole ARK team!  It feels good to be part of such a wonderful community!

Thank you to the thoughtful stranger who nominated me! I definitely wasn't expecting to wake up to such a nice surprise :)

Am I the only one who is seeing broken ARK images? In that new post the images below 'new members' and 'honorable mentions' just shows a broken-image thing. Same for my ARK badge in my signature. Is this just me?

CONGRATS to April's nominees! 

Yep, the two 2017 images are gone :(

@irrelevantindigo Can you retrieve them somehow?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh, dear. Is the image that is now an X just the plain ol' non-rotating HM badge, this one?

image.png.d35bbde2c296ec25e043218c954a179d.png

I just did a screen grab of it, so I don't know if it's symmetrical, 100x100 pixels, etc. If we don't hear from @irrelevantindigo, I'll make a better picture, though I don't think it will help all the people who have put the link in their signatures ... :( 

Edited by Acts of Random Kindness

It seems like it is back?

That was unexpected! Thank you to whoever nominated me. :blush:

Congratulations as well to the other nominees! :nyan:

I wanted to stop by to thank who ever nominated me for ARK. I appreciate it!

All of the badges, at least. Maybe tinypic is down. Photobucket as well.

When they're back, I vote for them to be uploaded to this forum.

And now they are back.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

tinypic is very shaky these days. Just sayin'. I don't use it any more.

BUT - photobucket upgraded a while ago, and if you don't pay - a LOT - you can't use the links as you used to. You'll have seen the big icons all over this forum from people who used it and who didn't pay up.

362026337_Image1.png.b8a6c3895e885ad3ac7cf88f9cf3c8fe.png

And guess who owns tinypic.

@Acts of Random Kindness it might be worthwhile uploading the images somewhere else and maybe encouraging new recipients to upload their own or keep a saved version somewhere just in case the links break. :)

You're a mod (congrats) - it might be smart to talk to TJ about officially suggesting a good hosting site that works. If he can link the forum to servimg, that is one of the best I know - but I can only use it because it is linked to another forum I'm on. I've never found a way to set up an account without that.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You're a mod (congrats) - it might be smart to talk to TJ about officially suggesting a good hosting site that works. If he can link the forum to servimg, that is one of the best I know - but I can only use it because it is linked to another forum I'm on. I've never found a way to set up an account without that.

I'm not sure how necessary that is since images can be uploaded directly onto the forum as attachments, which would make an official third-party hosting site a little redundant. Uploading the images as attachments and then asking those listed to host them themselves at a preferred hosting site is another option that could be used for this thread.