Acts of Random Kindness

Acts of Random Kindness

ARK List Update

Members listed below can now use our new badge in their DCF signature.

New Members

user posted image

birdzgoboom
Confused Cat
dooly
Fiona BlueFire
Infinis
irrelevantindigo
ladyvidel
Linichan
PieMaster
purplehaze
Ruby Eyes*

ARKstar2.gif Honorable Mentions ARKstar2.gif

s1qiid.jpg

herk
Lagie

*Indicates someone was extra busy and was nominated by multiple people!

Thank you all for your wonderful acts of kindness. Your generous spirit is an inspiration to us all. Your acts of kindness have not gone unnoticed, and they are greatly appreciated.
You never know what will make someone's day, so keep on being yourselves!

Business notes: Please let us know if this color is not easy on your eyes. Our next announcement of listers will be in August! If someone has bestowed an act of random kindness to you, think about nominating them to us!
Next! Forum username changes. Unfortunately, if you nominate someone who changes their username before we announce listers, we will have to return your nomination to you. However, you may re-nominate them if you know/find their new username. If you are an ARK lister and have changed your name, you may post and request we update your username. However, we reserve the right to stop updating your name if you overdo it and update each time you are allowed to again. We will put a disclaimer that you frequently change usernames, though. (We have not run into this yet, though!)
Finally, it was only after we'd sent out most the PMs that we realized we do not know how to provide to you the image code anymore, but you can just directly copy the badge image for use in your signature.

As a side note, we hope you are all getting used to the new forums. We certainly had fun fixing our spacing in our listers post and re-cleaning our inbox. (Otherwise, the forums are very lovely! A shout-out to TJ this month for taking care of the upgrade.)

Edited by Acts of Random Kindness

Oh my, I got a star even! :D Thank you!

And now with the new forum and the changed signature requirements, I've put all 3 of my awards in there! *allows herself some pride*

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I am honored to be listed again. Thanks to whoever nominated me. I have always enjoyed helping people here.

Thanks to whoever nominated me and congrats to everyone \o/

/me goes to celebrate her framing ARK badges in the signature...

Edited by herk

Thank you to whomever nominated me! :D A nice bright spot in a somewhat sad day.

Oh wow, I hadn't logged in to the forum since the big overhaul, so I didn't notice until just now; but thank you whoever nominated me, I really appreciate it!

-scurries off to alter signature-

We have not received many nominations this month, and while we know that is not in any way an accurate reflection on how many acts of random kindness are actually being done, but we would like to take a moment like this to encourage anyone who sees this post to go out and bestow an act of random kindness upon another user! From nominations and replies to listings, we get to see how the smallest things can really make someone's day and put it on a high note. So - have a random hatchie you wouldn't mind giving away? PM someone from the online list and offer it to them! Go looking through the wishlist thread for something you can catch or breed and spend a few moments trying for that to surprise the user with a gift. Breed a pretty from your scroll and offer it to a random user. Thought someone made an eloquent or funny post? PM them and let them know! See someone who's always helping out or being kind on the forum? PM them and thank them just for being them! Let today be a day to pass it forward. :)

Um, I just realised something, but I think you better change my name as I am no longer Raptor of Dragons, but Dalek Raptor now.

ARK List Update

Members listed below can now use our new badge in their DCF signature.

New Members

user posted image

Artius

Daydreamer09

deja*

JaneMcAsh

TCA

Terrafreaky

Velvet_paw

Zimtie

s1qiid.jpg

fuzzbucket

Lagie

purplehaze

Ruby Eyes

*Indicates someone was extra busy and was nominated by multiple people!

Thank you all for your wonderful acts of kindness. Your generosity makes the forums a wonderful place to be. You never know what will make someone's day, so keep on being yourselves!

Business notes: Please let us know if this color is not easy on your eyes. Our next announcement of listers will be in September! If someone has bestowed an act of random kindness to you anytime in 2017 so far, think about nominating them to us!

@Dalek Raptor Thank you for letting us know; it has been updated. As we stated earlier, please just note that if you are constantly changing your name, we will stop updating it and just note that you change names a lot. Nothing to worry about if you're not planning many name changes, though.

What a lovely surprise!   And a surprise it was, as I hadn't yet noticed the PM and just happened to be reading through this thread to learn more about ARK.  B)   A big THANK YOU to the person who nominated me.    Now I shall go excitedly futz with my signature :D

Such a nice surprise to find when I logged on! Thank you to whoever nominated me :) . (quickly added the lovely new dragon to my sig)

Well that was a surprise! :D
Thank you to people (it seems) who nominated me! :blush: 

What a lovely surprise to wake up to this morning!. I feel very honoured.  Thank you so much to whoever nominated me. I would also like to thank irrelevant indigo for creating the beautiful benevolence dragon sprites. What a lovely description too. Congratulations to all . My forum name has only changed so that is the same as my scroll name ie I have changed velvet_paw to Velvet_paw

oh well that's a really nice surprise. I didn't know this until now haha.
Thank you to whoever nominated me ^^

Colour me gobsmacked.

I am very honoured - thank you, whoever did this :)

I am very honored to be recognized again. Thank you so much to whoever nominated me. :)

Thank you, again! To ARK and whomever nominated me! :) Lovely to offset the really rude guy outside. 

Hello, I just wanted to pop on here to thank ARK for adding me onto their list, as well say thank you to the kind person who nominated me.

DC's a wonderful community and I'm really grateful to be a part of it. ^_^

Looking for help!

It seems to be the curse of ARK recently to continue getting project helpers who keep going inactive. Sadly, yet again, we are in need of some help!

If you are willing to help out, please send us a PM letting us know. You can add a message on why you'd like to help and your availability, but there's no strict requirements to applying here.

Being a helper is very low energy! All you need to do is check in once a month, read through PMs, decide if they fit acts of random kindness and choose to approve/reject them, PM anybody whose nom is being rejected, and announce new listers. It takes maybe an hour, maybe a little longer depending on how fast you move, and it is just once a month (or longer if you decide to announce less frequently). If multiple people would like to help out, you can decide how to split responsibilities and how much to confer with each other.

I would share it - but my life style is such that I CANNOT go it alone.

ARK List Update

Members listed below can now use our new badge in their DCF signature. Congratulations and thank you for the many kind acts performed last month! We have so many new members to welcome. It is clear that community spirit within the forum was strong this past month.

New Members

user posted image

_Z_

11th

Amy.x

cupup889

diaveborn

Dragonhatchling

Earth Gurl

Firefury Amahira

FoxintheBox

greycat

Gryffi

hazeh

HeDy

jerzeeshadow

lainey_lane03

Luxrayx

Mystic_Halo

Nakeisha

Nine

nooey

olympe

orphaned

Protector_of_Dragons

purpledragonclaw

RainStar13

rinoa26

Spatio

Tiki G

w5aw5

walkinslow

yosofine

s1qiid.jpg

Confused Cat

fuzzbucket

herk

Infinis

Lagie

purplehaze

Shokomon

Thank you all for your wonderful acts of kindness. It is you lovely folk that breathe life into the forums and keep things worth coming back to. You never know what will make someone's day, so keep on being yourselves! The littlest act of kindness can turn someone's whole week around.

Business notes: Fortunately, we did receive help to keep this thread running! We are going to leave it up to the new project staff to decide if they'd like to keep apps open and get a few more helpers, so keep an eye out for their announcement within the next few days. And please be as patient with the new project members as you were with us while they learn the ropes! They're being left in charge quite suddenly, and there can be a bit of a learning curve.

Edited by Acts of Random Kindness

Thank you to whoever nominated me!! It makes me so happy to be able to put that adorable new ARK mascot in my sig! <3

This was a very pleasant surprise after a very good day of work! Thank you so much to whomever nominated me, I appreciate the consideration and I'm glad I could bring someone joy!