padfoot

Red Peak Academy

Mercy had also been in Hector's line of fire when he went for Ashley. The residual force of his pent up energy blew back her hair and cut two wide trenches that stretched behind her. It seemed that her partner get either crazy or stupid when he starts to absorb energy. He must have forgotten to mention that before they started. It was Mercy's idea to surround them to attack then attack the opposite. They were used to working as a team but not against another team. She picked herself up off the ground and looked for the brother and sister duo.

Hector blinked twice at Zero as if he was coming out of a dream. He realized what was happening and jerked his hand away. He had wrecked the arena they were fighting on. Large craters scattered the field as well as broken machinery. He felt bad for the next group that would have to fight on this. He noticed the team they just fought regrouping with the rest of the class and narrowed his eyes. Zero had stepped in before they could finish the fight. That bugged Hector. He looked away and walked to the opposite end of the group. He needed to rethink his strategy.

"Hey! Wait up?" Mercy called, jogging up behind Ashley and Blake as they entered the group. Her gauntlet was still built around her arm but was missing it's hand. She gestured to the two with her bulky arm, "You guys are a great team. Your powers synergize really well and it looked like you were having a good time." she remarked.

Hector had just reached the wall of the gym when some new kid approached him

"Hey. You have a spirit following you." she said without emotion. It really creeped Hector out.

"They're....ten, maybe twelve? Really pissed at you." she continued in the same spooky voice. Hector scoffed, "I have no idea what you are talking about" he said, keeping the truth from shaking his voice.

Zero motioned for Quinn to come over, "Alright, Quinn, you can either pick your partner or I can assign one to you. It's your choice." He said, loud enough for the rest of the class to hear. He squinted into the class and his eyes settled on a pair trying not to make eye contact, " Abraham! Lucy! You're up!" He shouted. It was strange they had paired up Abraham had super speed and Lucy was uniquely telekinetic. A rather slapdash power combination. As was Mercy and Hector's power combination. They didn't complement each other and ended up fighting separate fights. That would reflect on their score for the day.

Ash scrunched up her nose, her face sqiushing into a sort of half-smile. He was lying. She'd worked with ghosts long enough to know when people recognize their description. Ash peered behind Hector, her lips straightening into a hard line. The ghostly kid drew a finger across his neck, face folded into a scowl.

"He certainly knows you." She replied carefully. "Have, uh...accidents been happening around you? Car accidents, near death experiences?" Ash paused, considering what to say next. "Because if nothing's happening, it will. Soon."

Quinn smiled weakly, shuffling off to the wreckage of a battlefield. Usually, they had goggles for the express purpose of sparring. Their abilities often causes objects to splinter at a high velocity, and eye injuries were fairly common. Inhaling deeply, Quinn sliped their shoes off and set them aside. Okay. They could do this.

Ashley and Blake stopped when they heard Mercedes call after them. "Oh thank you," Ashley said while Blake smiled. "We've always worked well together so it's just natural for us to be a team but the only weakness we have is separating us especuially against people that have different powers from us like you and Hector," Blake said with a small sigh and Ashley nodded in agreement. "It's something that we need to keep working on until we're better at it." Ashley nodded in agreement again and then turned her attention towards the next match.

Mercy looked towards the student walking out into the field along side Blake with Ashley on the other side. She nodded at what they said and laughed, "Sorry to break it to you but everyone you're going to meet is going to have different powers than you." she said. She wasn't trying to mock but it was true. Duplicates of powers were almost unheard of. Everyone on earth that has powers are completely unique. People have other powers that are similar. For example, Mercedes's uncle could control metal alloys but only those created by man. He couldn't just rip up chunks from the ground like the professional hero Sonic Knight.

"If you guys ever want to practice, I'll give you my number so you can give me a ring. I love to use my abilities and I want to try something big" she said, motioning for Blake's phone.

Hector narrowed his eyes at the girl pestering him. Accidents? Of course accidents happened around him. Hector scoffed, "Sure, Accidents tend to happen around someone that can create explosions like I can" He said, looking the girl over. What was her power exactly? Was it only seeing ghosts? If that was the case, what was she doing here with such a weak power?

"Are you going somewhere with this?" Hector asked, trying not to come across as a dick.

"Cause I really don't see the point of this." He said, coming across as a dick.

"**** it! I'll go!" a voice called from the crowd. It had been an uncomfortable amount of time that Quinn had been waiting on a partner. They didn't deserve something like that. A small girl with pale skin pushed her way to the front of the crowd and broke into a light jog towards Quinn. The girls, hair was jet black and behaved like smoke pouring down her back in the rough configuration of human hair. The girl extended her hand and clicked the heels of her tennis shoes together, "Poppy Paowa. Don't think we have met yet" she said, shaking their hand, "I can do things with smoke." To demonstrate, Poppy raised her hand and converted her forearm into a long trail of smoke. She reformed and smiled, "So what can you do?" He asked in a more hushed tone. The other team was talking to Zero not to far off. Poppy glanced over her shoulder to check they were not paying attention, "The guy with the spiky hair is Abraham. He can vibrate crazy fast. Before you get any ideas; no, it is not as fun as you think"

Poppy powered on, "The girl is Lucy. I'm not sure what her deal is. Something weird with psychic powers as far as I have seen."

Lucy tended to keep her powers under wraps. It was easy for them to get out of control and cause major structural damage if indoors. However, this class was her favorite. Especially since today's class was outside.

Edited by padfoot

"Yeah we keep having to remind ourselves of that fact," Blake said in reply with a small sheepish look on his face while Ashley nodded in agreement before they both listened to what she was offering. "Sure that would be great," Ashley said as they both handed her their phones but one at a time with Blake going first while putting in in the former's offered hand.

So mine got approved, thanks and nice to meet ye'al smile.gif

Username Edge45

Name Duke Crowley

Gender Identity Male

Age 20

Personality Being mentored until he was sent to the academy, Duke was well acquainted at using his powers. But he prefers to not show it in any case unnecessary. Duke is at first quiet person, but when he gets to be known, he becomes very logical and rational. He's also serious about everything, and have a little void of emotions of his own.

Appearance Duke

History Duke came from the slums of Mexico City, with an already developed mind and resolve to survive as a stray dog while he was a kid. He was a lone wolf moving from alley to alley and beating anyone aggressive to him, and steals when desperate. He always plans ahead before moving on, enabling him to avoid too much trouble, and is the reason he is able to survive. Then it happened fast, he was sheltered by a man who knows of his capabilities after Duke stole from him. The man became his mentor and guardian, bearing the last name of Crowley, he took care of him and trained him until he got old enough to 18. Before Duke got left to be independent, the man gave him a tip of an academy to where, after two years of earning money, got there. The Red Peak Academy.

Power Ethereal - Duke has the ability to become a non-physical entity able to pass through matter except highly charged particles. He can also control his form to touch objects to his will. It also makes his body light, giving better agility and dexterity. All this if he can meet up with one condition.

Other Mentor - an unknown man with the last name of Crowley. Duke's guardian and mentor.

==========================

"That old man. Leaving me with this paper and an academy found in the middle of nowhere." Sighed Duke, as he reached in front of him the Red Peak Academy. He wondered what lies ahead, considering he feels these numerous presence of energies. He 'normally' opens the door to where he walks alongside the hall.

"..." He stared after he reaches the right room. It was quiet and he felt no other presences except some cold trails. He again 'normally' opens the door and looked around. He makes a single focus towards the note on the whiteboard written: "CLASS IS HELD OUTSIDE BEHIND THE GYM"

"I see..." Duke straightens his glasses. He makes his leave, closing the door of the room before heading towards his destination. Outside behind the gym, things seem rowdy, but was no suprise for Duke as he have seen worse. He approached close to the coach, and raises his paper as well as a letter.

"Y-yo. This is Red Peak Academy just to be sure, right? My name's Duke, Duke Crowley. I was sent here to give this to, uh, Sir Zero?" He hands over the paper and letter. Seemingly, he doesn't even have an idea what the paper was and letter. It is actually an enrollment paper and the letter if inspected, says: "Duke Crowley is your student now, teach him wisely." The sender had the name of "Duke Crowley's guardian" with a smiley at the end.

Poppy seemed like a nice girl. Besides, their power couldn't really hurt her. The point of being admitted into Red Peak was to learn control. Not just control, but balance. The difference was poigant enough that Quinn had to mentally correct themself. A power to vibrate? Nothing more than energy. Actually sort of sad to be put up against.

"Me..? Oh, I..." Quinn spoke sfotly. Before petering off entirely. A fight was a little too high stress for them to think and speak clearly. It took quite some time for them to speak up once more. "Temperature. I can...modify kinetic energy of objects, people...that sort of thing..."

Ash's nose scrunched up, but the unintentional jab seemed to unfaze her. She cleared her throat, taking the rejection in stride. "I think a ghost kid may be trying to kill you." She paused, thinking over her own words. "We'll chat tonight. This is getting worked out, whether you like it or not."

"Dating? Are you kidding?" Zero asked Abraham and Lucy, "I new something was up when you two partnered up. You guys know the rules. Andrew, sit this one out." He said, sending the boy back to the group. Close relationships, espeially new ones, can send fightes like theses out of control in an instant. Erratic powers was bad enough, adding erratic hormones and emotions was worse. Zero scanned the crowd of students when a voice drew his attentio away.

Y-yo. This is Red Peak Academy just to be sure, right? My name's Duke, Duke Crowley. I was sent here to give this to, uh, Sir Zero?" A spikey haired boy in glasses said , handing over a envelope. He read over the enrolment form ad a letter from the boy's guardian. He raised nd eyebrow and looked at the boy over the top of the paper. Why was he getting all the new guys?

"Whatever, go stand over there by Lucy.Your going to be her partner for the next exercise." he told the boy, walking off the field.

"Tempurature eh?' She asked, tapping her chi in thought, "I'm ot sure what to do with that but I guess we will just have to see" she said. Poppy wasnt much for a plan anyway.

Ashley and Blake were still waiting to get their phones back from Mercy when they heard the next pair of students getting partnered up for the next match in their class. They turned their complete attention to them to see how it would turn out because they were curious.