Kakaru_of_DOOM

Add Custom Sort by "Egg group" (breeding type)

I suggest that there be an option to sort dragons by what sort they breed as - pygmies, drakes, two-headed, normal, and unbreedables. To borrow a term from Pokemon, the "egg groups".

This would be very helpful in attempting to breed non-pure lineages out of these groups, because it enables one to easily find 'all pygmies' or 'all drakes' even if their scroll is normally sorted by some other mechanism. I suspect the ease-of-use will also encourage the less-populous egg-groups to gain in popularity.

As for which order to put the sort in, I recommend:

1. pygmies

2. drakes

3. 'normal'

4. unbreedables

5. 2-headed

I suggest this because pygmies have small sprites and therefore if they are not the egg group you are seeking it is easy to scroll over when looking for the next group. The two-headeds are at the back because it is easy to jump to the last page and go backwards to peruse them, and the normal group is in the middle because they are the hugest and normally you can find what you want among them without the custom sort.

Suggestions? Support? Did I miss anything important that needs to be covered here?

WELL - I don't care either way here - but when you go to breed, that's what you get to view - so I find it just as easy to pick any one in a group and then click breed. I get exactly what I need - all of the ones in that group.

The problem is, I'm not sure anyone would be able to agree on the order it should go in. Personally, I think the main breeding group should be first, and unbreedables last. I don't have a particular preference on what order 2-heads, pygmies, and drakes should be in.

And for something like this, it needs a secondary sort. What would be ideal would be the ability to choose this secondary sort, but alphabetical is probably ideal.

I agree that it would probably be hard to agree on what order they should go in. I would go for regulars, two-headed, drakes, pygmies, and then unbreedables, in order according to (in my opinion) how different they are then the 'normal' breeds.

I p much already sort my dragons like this: p2d's and hybrids up front, typical dragons in the middle, unbreedables in the back.

So I see how this would be useful and it might even be something I would use, as long as 2heads aren't just stuck in the back. o_O

I would say the default within these sorts should also be by alphabetical name (even though that's not the method I chose for my custom sorting, lol, but more what I liked most up front).

I'm not sure enough other people sort/would sort their dragons like this for it to be worth it to implement, though. o.o

I manually sort my scroll and I do have the pygmies and the drakes and the two-heads sorted into their own groups, but I don't think I would use this option because I do more involved custom sorting of my dragons, too.

I p much already sort my dragons like this: p2d's and hybrids up front, typical dragons in the middle, unbreedables in the back.

So I see how this would be useful and it might even be something I would use, as long as 2heads aren't just stuck in the back. o_O

I would say the default within these sorts should also be by alphabetical name.

I would like to see this implemented. One thing I miss about the old breed sort was that it grouped event dragons and egg group dragons together. It would also be useful to have a "place eggs and hatchlings at top" option in alternate custom sort as well. It's a pain to have to look through my entire scroll to find a pair of pygmies/drakes to breed.

I'd certainly support anything that puts all the non-standard dragons together.

I would like to see this implemented. One thing I miss about the old breed sort was that it grouped event dragons and egg group dragons together. It would also be useful to have a "place eggs and hatchlings at top" option in alternate custom sort as well. It's a pain to have to look through my entire scroll to find a pair of pygmies/drakes to breed.

Same here!

I'd love to have it grouped together by egg group and to automatically have eggs and growing hatchies at the top so I don't have to manually keep bringing them back up every goddamn time or just use custom sort.

I agree that there should be more sorting options, but there would need to be many, many ways to keep everyone happy. If you sorted one way, you'd need a second way, because naturally; someone will want to do it differently. This is a good idea, just it would take lots of time and code to create all the ways to keep people happy. And you would need more than you can make!

wink.gif