redfox

War Never Changes

((okay ^_^))

Luke watched as Max went behind her house, whimpering a bit because he didn't like seeing her like what she was like now. He headed off into the woods, following her scent to see if he could find what the cause of her demeanor was. When he came across the boy and the black wolf he growled in warning before snarling out, You're trespassing! Get away from our land! He then moved quickly to attempt to attack the boy.

Edited by redfox

((Going to have to make Cecil go macho-man for a second here. Sorry 'bout that))

Ace screeched in fear as he was attacked by yet another wolf, finding himself pinned underneath the beast. Cecil jumped away, eyes lighting with fury and teeth bared, slobber falling from his jaws. "Get away from my son!! He's a non-shifter, he knows nothing of our war!" The massive black wolf leaped forward, taking Luke by the scruff and flinging him a few yards away from Ace in order to free his son. Ace was in shock, and his heart pounded like nothing before. He rose to his feet, only to suddenly fall over as pain fell over his entire body. He collapsed, gasping in pain. What was happening to him?! His blood felt as if it was on fire, and his entire body felt like he had run 12 miles. That black wolf...he was in trouble. He didn't want to see it get hurt, he wanted to protect it, as it had protected him. But...his body...

He tore at his own skin, as if attempting to dig all of the pain out. The burning...he realized what was happening. He was changing, growing, turning into a monster. A monster like the wolf who had protected him, a monster like the girl had changed into. He...was one of them. Before long, the transformation was complete. In Ace's place was now a black wolf tinged with silver, like the night sky itself. Cecil looked over his shoulder, staring at Ace in shock. "...Son? You...you changed! You are a werewolf!"

((that's fine ^_^))

Luke yelped a bit when he was suddenly flung away by the black wolf and got up to now attack the latter when he looked over at the boy. He looked surprised because he heard what the black wolf said earlier about his son being a non-shifter and yet here he was, shifting.  After the son was done shifting Luke said as he moved to head back to his camp, I didn't hurt him and was just trying to get you guys away from our land. Maybe you can explain the war to him now.

They were talking! How? Could he talk like they did, in this form? Ace watched the two wolves in shock, shocked with himself, and the fact that they were talking. "That's just what I plan on doing. The Umbra have no interest in your petty land...for now." Cecil turned sharply, the massive black wolf trudging over to his son. He was very impressed with Ace's wolf form: he was muscular, very tall for his age, and had a very unique coloring. Cecil had never seen a silver-and-black speckled werewolf. The black wolf stood before his son, gazing down at Ace calmly and waiting for him to say something as he nudged him along. The pair left the territory, Ace's head bowed as he remained in silence, until he finally broke it. "...Dad? You...I...we're wolves?"

((should we ts now to the part in the rp I mentioned earlier or continue this part until we're done with the day and the're all asleep before we do the ts?))

Luke made it back to the Moonlighter camp just as Max came back out from behind her house. Where did you go? she asked him curiously since it had been awhile since their small conversation earlier.

Oh out on a very short patrol to make sure that everything is still in order, he smoothly lied but she nodded like he had told the truth and couldn't detect that he was lying.

((Yep, I'll start it now!!))

Ace rolled onto his side as he woke up, muscles and body painful from his agonizing wolf training. He had been announced as the Heir what felt like months ago, and had trained very hard. He knew about all of the history, about how they were at war with the Moonlighters...Ace wasn't fond of the war. He wasn't interested in some big fight, and didn't understand why everyone was fighting. Just being friends seemed so much...simpler. He slipped on his pants and shirt, walked out of the door, shifted into his wolf form, and took off. Time to spend his day-off exploring!

((okay ^_^))

Max woke up the next morning stretching and feeling better than she had the day before. She had felt a bit sick and didn't really want to do much of anything but today she felt much better. She got up and out of bed, then went downstairs to eat a quick bite of breakfast? and then went out to do a bit of patrolling, shifting into her wolf form as soon as she reached the woods.

Edited by redfox

Cecil was outside on the clean, stained porch, looking over at his son in surprise. He was pleased to see that Ace enjoyed being a wolf so much, but the alpha often warned him to be cautious. Whether he liked it or not, they had enemies, and those enemies wouldn't hesitate to kill him. After all, he was Cecil's special little heir. "Be careful out there, boy. And try to be back soon. Pack's having a meeting. Just do a short patrol...and don't wander off." Cecil muttered before returning to his morning cup of coffee. Ace simply barked in response before the werewolf leaped off of the porch, and disappeared from sight as he faded into the dark woods.

Max hadn't told her mom where she was going but the latter could guess. She often made trips to the woods to hunt or patrol by herself so her mom wasn't worried. If she took a bit longer than usual to get back then she sends out a search party but she hadn't done that in awhile. Max continued to wander around until she got to a spot with a stump that she went to on her solo runs. She shifted back to her human form before sitting down on it and looking up at the clouds.

He hated shifting back to his human form, ever since he had discovered that he was a werewolf. At home, he'd pace around as a wolf, until Cecil snapped at him to shift back into a human so they could have a pleasant dinner. Ace moved swiftly and with grace now, extending his strides and pushing himself as hard as he could. He flew over the slopes, tongue lolling out the side of his jaws as he zipped past the tall and dark trees. The wolf came to a skidding halt as he approached a little pond. His pack always hanged there, they usually had parties on Friday nights. Standing on the cliff, he took a few paces back, and then bolted forward, leaping down into the pond with a massive splash. Ahhh! The Umbra Pack's greatest secret...

Max heard a big splash not too far from where she currently was which was located in the area between the two clans that was also called the neutral zone and got up to go check it out. She shifted into her wolf form and went to where she had heard the sound. When she got there a few minutes later, she saw a wolf swimming in a pool of water and made sure to stay in the shadow of the trees so that she wouldn't be seen. She had never seen that pool before and wondered if it was something that the Umbra Pack used. After being there for a few more minutes or so, she decided that it was time for her to leave so she quietly backed away and started to head back to the stump that she was at before.

The pond was frequently used as a training-ground as well, ranging from the purpose of water-combat, to strength/endurance training. Ace had grown into a phenomenal swimmer thanks to the persistent water training he had received from his father and pack mates. The swimming wolf ceased his paddling as he heard the sudden rustling of an approaching stranger. He immediately heaved himself out of the water, tensed, and prepared for the worse. But, it was only Blake, the smug and lanky maned wolf. He peered over the edge of the pond, grinning widely at the Umbra Pack heir. "Whatcha doing, Ace? Drowning yourself already?" He asked with a snicker, watching as Ace bared his teeth. "At least I CAN swim, Blake." Ace muttered flatly, heaving himself from the water and shaking out his pelt. He turned his back on Blake and walked off, grumbling under his breath as he entered the neutral zone. 

Max was now laying on the ground next to the stump, looking at the clouds. She sat up after a little while and turned her attention to be on the direction that she had come from earlier when she heard approaching footsteps. She was in the neautral zone so she should be okay but she would still be prepared just in case.

((Sorry for the late response, took out horse rides on Tuesday, and my ditzy mare-friend decided that it'd be fun to step on me and fracture my pinky toe. ;-;))

The wolf gave his pelt yet another firm shake as he glimpsed around the neutral zone. Then, that Moonlighter stench hit his nose, and he immediately recoiled in disgust, sneezing in the process. Yuck...Ace straightened himself, black ears perked on his head as his eyes darted around, searching for his 'mortal enemy'. "Where are you, Moonlighter?" He growled lowly, more so to himself than the Moonlighter stranger. It wasn't like he could attack them in this area. It was neutral grounds.

((it's okay and that sucks :(. I've had a horse step on my foot years ago back when I was in Girl Scouts and I briefly remember how painful it was))

Max was now sitting up with her legs outstretched in front of her but was still positioned next to the tree stump when the other wolf was getting a bit closer to where she was. She stayed put while watching it closely to see what it would do.

Pinning his ears --although it was out of nervousness-- with a soft snarl, Ace's gleaming eyes darted around, attempting to sight the mysterious Moonlighter member. The silver-speckled wolf scowled under his breath in frustration, eyes narrowing darkly. "I said who's out there?" He spoke even louder now and with more force, like his father would do when confronting ignorant enemies. He was learning much from his father.

"Just me," Max replied from where she was sitting next to the tree stump in the middle of the clearing. She studied the wolf from where she was and thought that the color of his fur looked familiar but couldn't remember where she had seen it just then. She did remember the boy that she had somewhat confronted awhile ago but wasn't aware that he could shift now. From what she remembered was that he was a non-shifter that didn't know about the war between the two clans but she also didn't know that he knew about it now.