TJ09

2017-04-16 - Festival of Eggs

I just got my April the Giraffe egg, that girl kept me waiting for two months and then pops the baby out when I'm alseep.

I'm very regretful right now.

Bees and I do not get along. I found the egg with them all over it and didn't realize what it was before I clicked.

Rip.

There's a wikia page for eggs already? :?

yes, I popped that new egg up there myself.

I just got my April the Giraffe egg, that girl kept me waiting for two months and then pops the baby out when I'm alseep.

There's an April the Giraffe egg?!? Woohoo!

Followed her for six weeks, and saw all the birth!

I just got the bee nest - that's brilliant!

I'm very regretful right now.

Bees and I do not get along. I found the egg with them all over it and didn't realize what it was before I clicked.

Rip.

Sadly if you hadn't clicked it you wouldn't have gotten any other eggs... too bad that's how it works. But now you can get the rest of the eggs! So that they can hide the one you don't like in the rest of the eggs.

It's not just a whale falling. There's something else but it's moving too quickly.

Does anyone know what the second object is? (Vase of flowers?)

It's not just a whale falling. There's something else but it's moving too quickly.

It is in fact a vase of flowers.

Petunias I think? I forget.

It's a combo reference with the thumb symbol and whale by the way.

Edit: Hiding the spoilers. Sorry about that.

Edited by Shokomon

Yes, it is a vase of petunias, if I remember my Hitchhiker correctly. It is one of two missiles that get changed to random things thanks to the probability drive; a whale, which has enough time to attain sentience before hitting the ground, and the vase of flowers, which for some reason thinks 'oh no not again' before it also hits the ground.

It's an odd book but well worth a read if you want to get a real sense of it. The movies really don't do it justice at all.

Edited by silver_chan

I really dig the Carmen Sandiego egg, along sideWaldo egg I feel like I've can find all the famously elusive characters in the world. cool.gif

Edited by irrelevantindigo

Yes, it is a vase of petunias, if I remember my Hitchhiker correctly. It is one of two missiles that get changed to random things thanks to the probability drive; a whale, which has enough time to attain sentience before hitting the ground, and the vase of flowers, which for some reason thinks 'oh no not again' before it also hits the ground.

It's an odd book but well worth a read if you want to get a real sense of it. The movies really don't do it justice at all.

Close. It was a bowl of petunias.

54 eggs so far and no sign of a 55th one. I guess I can go back to regular egg hunting now.

My favorite one is the tribute to Douglas Adams. Not only because this is one of the few references that I understood, but also because it really made me laugh when I saw it and when I remembered that absurd scene in the book.

I second that. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and the whole trilogy of five books is well worth a read.

This year's Festival of Eggs has begun! You have three days to collect all 53 eggs. Happy hunting!

For the next three days, special eggs designed just for the event will pop up in random spots on the site. Click on them and they'll go in your "basket." Everyone can see your basket, and the more you collect, the more full your basket is.

Did you just quote yourself? I hope you didn't have an issue with your first announcement; I was confused since there isn't a cool banner...

Did you just quote yourself?  I hope you didn't have an issue with your first announcement; I was confused since there isn't a cool banner...

TJ pretty much always quotes the previous years' Festival of Eggs posts, minus the egg count, haha. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary here.

Edited by PieMaster

54 eggs so far and no sign of a 55th one. I guess I can go back to regular egg hunting now.

I thought there were only 53

I thought there were only 53

There is now a 54th. It's mine I believe. Something happened during submission but it got cleared up this morning.

(54 is is kinda a nice numbersince it makes exactly 9 rows of 6.)

Edited by irrelevantindigo

54 ? TJ said 53. I was just coming along to say got the lot, but....

Uh-oh - Bugzilla really DOES have 54. DARN !