irrelevantindigo

Got pets? Lemme see 'em.

My Grandparents doggo Cuddles (Shih Tzu) who is going to be 11 years old January 9th.

My Leopard Gecko Sly whom me and a friend were trying to fit into the pokeball, but he's stubborn. (he's gonna be 6 next year).

I had another Fattail gecko but he was sick, his sister is alive and well though but she was also scarily sick for a while. R.I.P. Loki xmas 2016 3rd pic is him, he was a sweetie.

IMG_0308.JPG

19437691_1636647016368179_6215572422737891835_n.jpg

IMG_0274.JPG

I am living, especially for all these pictures of dogs! While I'm a dog person at heart, I still appreciate all the cats, too. :P

Here's a picture of my boyfriend:

Oh, you said pets, not pests. Gottchya.

Here's my scary, aggressive, killer Pitbull:

lQ58NsI.png

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

Guys!!!!!! I am probably like 90% chance that I'm getting a DOG!!! My last dog died quite tragically of bloat, and he was very old and I was the saddest person for so, so long. But I found a new puppy on Craigslist and I'm going to go see her tomorrow, I don't know what I should name her? I can't wait to give her love and spend lots of time with her. I love her already, I'm so excited!!!

Edit: Naming her Venus, because she's so beautiful!

puppy.jpg

Edited by 888888

Cool thread! Thought I might contribute by showing all my birbs I've had in the past (I only have 1 birb left from all of the photos, had to sell the rest !)

The 2nd guy doing the cute pose is the child of the grey one in the 3rd picture

bE5lEd4.jpg

JRbV4Ft.jpg

Gb2ooyj.png

RYtMfCP.png

Our new addition Sylvie who knows i'm allergic to her I swear cause she wants to lay across my neck when I'm sitting down on the couch >:| (it's not a severe allergy but it's gonna suck for a few weeks til I build up a tolerance) she's probably 9 weeks old by now. Got her on Saturday.

22448483_1749206021778944_89722619917355

I just adopted a 4 1/2 year old Maltese today.

Unfortunately, when I was outside Petco (buying treats, bowls and toys for him), he was attacked by a Bull Terrier, which is now at animal control under quarantine, at the dog was not UTD on shots. "Owner", who claimed it wasn't her dog, was going to leave before the police and animal control showed up, but I asked all the witnesses to take pictures of her and her dog to give to the police if she left, so she stayed. I got some really good ones of her and the dog, with the retractable leash showing. They had passed by us several feet away, but the dog turned around and attacked. Dog was on a retractable leash.

I only have 1 fuzzy picture of the dog formerly named "Handsome". We are calling him Charlie, Barkley, and Charles Barkley. He had been at the humane society since August; they neutered him, pulled 3 teeth, and treated him for the infection at the neuter sight. I would have more pics, except he wants to be petted all the time, so I can't get far enough away from him to snap a picture.

He is spending the night at the vet's office. They sedated him, shaved him, and cleaned up several puncture wounds around the tail area. He will be fine, and actually wanted to meet all the dogs we saw at the vet's office. He fell asleep, belly up while I was petting him on the way to the vet.  

I will post pics when I get good ones.

@PrincessLucy Maltese, you say? <3 Very very sorry this had to happen to him. I hope he gets well soon and you can both recover emotionally from that. I wish people used set length leashes, retractable leashes are really dangerous in my experience. I have a dog and I've tried all kinds of leashes, harnesses and collars on him. we use a double leash (a leash holding another leash) to walk him. We walk him with the short one when he's somewhere with people or cars like on the road or in the city or at the vet's. In the fields and such, we let him walk by holding the 2nd leash so he has plenty of room to trot around and have fun.

This is my baby, Billy. A maltese also, or at least according to the vet (but we're kind of debating. he is huge, so he's probably some sort of mutt)
22657169_10209617331819027_2060335164_n.22657370_10209617328138935_999170255_n.j

He always looks like a different dog because of all the different hair cuts he's had.
He's had really long hair before but it bothered him a lot and didn't exactly flatter him so we try to keep it decently short now.
He is 7, and we've had him for as long as he's been alive. 7 wonderful years and hopefully plenty more to come.

Edited by Vixey

I respect dogs when they are being walked, and while I am not scared of them I always keep a respectable distance even in pet stores because you never know if it might have a bad temperament or if the person is trying to train them without outside influences from strangers. If I had a dog, especially after hearing that story, I probably wouldn't let it close to anyone without their permission. :o I have had far more good experiences with dogs than bad though; one particularly mean black dog across the street from me where I used to live was the reason I became so initially wary around them.

Another place where I lived had two dobermans and my god they were lap dogs. XD Their owner walked them with two leashes too,

I have three cats! The oldest at around 11 years old is my girl Flora:

8DKEteQ.jpg

A few years back my mom got two boy kittens (they are brothers!) and eventually gave them to me. Magic is on the Left and Midnight on the Right:

MbX1UGm.jpg

All three get along relatively well. Though the boys have a habit of chasing Flora around all the time. It's not that bad though, they've gotten her down to a healthy weight with all that exercise! XD

Flora prefers Midnight over Magic, though. Probably because Midnight's a gentle little baby and Magic's a little demon. :P

@FoxintheBox Sure it wasn't the smell of your slipper that sedated Gilbo? XD

@TerraAnne Cute little ones :) How long are they going to be when grown up?

@PrincessLucy What an awful incident! :( I remember I once walked with my mother and her Fox Terrier through the nearby fields, it was a nice day until someone else came around a corner - and didn't have their dog leashed, one of these large hunting type ones (don't know the exact name - Labrador-size, but longer hair). At sight, that beast ran towards us, specifically at our dog, growling and trying to bite her. I basically swung her around on her leash trying to get her out of that beast's reach, until I remembered my inner animal and did my best lion's roar while jumping at the beast myself. It got confused and walked back to its owner who still hadn't caught up with it until then, and finally leashed it. Our dog was not injured that day, but she became some kind of "racist", you could say. She'd always growl and bark if one of those dogs passed by within her sight, and it grew worse the less she could see due to age. I'm kinda glad to read your little adoptee did not react in the same way, apparently :)

@TwilitProphet Lovely cats! I also love their names - so fitting! How do you even tell the brothers apart?

@Ruby EyesMagic has a large smattering of white fur on his chest between his front legs. Midnight on the other hand has a tiny cowlick on his head and a tiny dot of white fur around his collar bone! Otherwise its hard to tell them apart. Unless they meow that is. Midnight's got a soft and sweet baby mewl while Magic has a loud annoying MEEEOW. :3

These photos are quite old, but here's my litttle drake girl (who apparently thinks she's male when showing coutrship behaviours!), Nari :P 
She's about 2,5 now, was 0.5-1.5 in these photos.

She's got a different litter by now, a corn thing I can't name in English. And no more fake plants - when she grew a bit older she started to eat them: first only greens, then the reddened ones too, so I removed them. 
This tank was pre-made, I take no credit for it XD.

nari_on_the_edge__photo__by_vixendra-d9whug_me_by_vixendra-d9vuh8c.jpg

undertail___brighter_by_vixendra-d9vz5rf

nari___system_overheated__photo__by_vixe

She's a pillow queen BTW:

untitled_by_vixendra-d9w2qbm.jpg

By now she also got a red blanket into the cave, because the wooden litter was pretty hard and she was trying to squeeze herself into it when going ot sleep, the woods are gone but the blanket stied:P

Edited by VixenDra

@Ruby Eyes

On the first page of this thread I posted a bunch of pics, and the parents are in the list. :)  They will eventually get about as long as the palm of my hands, not including fingers as well as their own tail's length, which is about 3 and a half or 4 inches.

163623_446913_VeryLarge_SA6ioaI1tvJWD.jpg

Edited by TerraAnne
added another baby pic