irrelevantindigo

Got pets? Lemme see 'em.

pets pets pets pets pets pets pets

I couldn't find a thread for pet pictures after sifting through general discussion... twice. (But I did find "Invertebrates - Share your pets without a backbone")

So here's a thread about pets! Show off some of your animal friends (past and present), and maybe tell us a bit about them!

Do try and limit the size/number of images you post though! 3-5 large images is more than enough.

Edited by irrelevantindigo

Here's one of my pets. Her name is Elisley and she is a 1 and a half year old cockatiel who is prissy but I love her. In the one picture are my other two birds, who are also lovely and quirky.

user posted image

If I put pictures of all my pets it might be considered picture spam.... oh well. I'll go through the pets I've gotten in order of who came first and so on..

Ares who is technically my first pet. He's old with arthritis now and hasn't been absorbing his meals well so he's getting skinny and losing muscle. Especially the last few months. We're probably going to have to euthanize him soon. sad.gif I got him when he was just turning a year old and he was so small. While he doesn't know it, this snake has helped me through serious bullying, depression, and anxiety over the years. The picture is an older one of him back in his 4 year old youth.

user posted image

Many years later I got Zeus as pictured below this, and Rougale who will be pictured after, together from a reptile expo in white plains. Zeus is a lazy boy. Seriously, if you aren't holding him tight he'll just slide off your arm and hand the big derp.

user posted image

Rougale is pictured here. All of these snehks by the way are corn snakes. Unlike Zeus she was a baby when I got her.

user posted image

I rescued Casper shortly after that, maybe a year after I can't remember. Casper is a tiny female who had been housed with a male corn for many years and had lots of eggs that were thrown out by her first owner. I estimate her age to be close to but possibly a few years older than Ares. She still seems very healthy though.

user posted image

Oakie was originally bought to help my schools reptile propagation club, but she was also half a birthday present for me. She was loaned to the club fr a few years but never produced eggs even when paired and bred with proven males. Now she is a pet only no longer loaned to the school, but I am breeding her to Ares right now hoping to get some eggs to keep from him so that I have a part of him after he passes.

user posted image

Next I got Apollo to pair with Rougale. First we bred him to Casper to prove out his possible hets. Now we know he does have anerythristic (black albino) and hypomelanistic genes because they produced babies with both. This year he's being paired with Rougale. After this year he'll probably be kept just as a pet only if he's successful with Rougale.

user posted image

All the bugs. These are mostly feeders, but I do keep them as pets too. I've sold some of them as pets to kids as well. These are Madagascar hissing cockroaches from bloodlines containing Gromphadorhina portentosa, G. oblongonota, and Elliptorhina laevigata species of hissers.

user posted image

I got Narillo as a birthday gift from friends. She's so calm when held.

user posted image

Flint was another birthday present about a year later.

user posted image

The spider was a umm.. kinda rescue. or more of a find. Where we live now there are a lot of families with kids and pets. Sometimes the pets get out. We found this spider in the crook of the step under the door leading into our house. It was summer so the little one at the time would have survived for a while until Fall, but luckily I caught and kept native arachnids in the past. So I knew that it was a non native pet who'd gotten out. We think she's either a chilean rose hair or a chilean copper tarantula by the photos and ID's online. Since she's matured I'm leaning toward the copper as she isn't too big. We asked everyone around if they had a missing tarantula, but so far no one has come forth to claim it. Two families moved out just prior to me finding it, so perhaps it had been from one of them???

user posted image

The most recent additions are three of the eleven babies that came from the Casper X Apollo clutch. The others of the clutch are currently for sale. PM me if you're interested. They are all yearlings now and feed well. My keepers names are Zena, Mushu, and Fides.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I used to own like.. a butt hair of a thoroughbred race horse, but an early season injury ended his career before it began and the people who owned the majority of the horse sold it on us. My grandarents still own race horses though. I have photos of the ones mygrandparents have owned but none of my own horse. He never made it ip to the barns where we lived so I never got to see him even once.

user posted image

And rip the following animals who lived out their lives with me to the end..

I had a cat a very long time ago, and she would likely have passed on by now. She was rehomed because we weren't allowed to have her in the apartment Unfortunately I have no photos of her. sad.gif

Rip Marco and Polo. I got them a week after I got Ares from my grandparents for my birthday. These two also helped me out a lot through the years. You'll notice Marco the black and green has a crooked foot from when he got caught in something while I had let them free fly in my room. I left for ten minutes to make lunch, came back and found him under the table so I have no idea what he got caught on. The vet fixed him up but the derp likes to stand in his water dish and the cast bent, thus it healed bent. It never gave him any trouble though and he had full use of it.

user posted image

Sookie the pacman frog we miss you.

user posted image

Edited by TerraAnne

A post including all my past pets would be very large and I don't have pictures of them all so here are my current furbabies. This is kind of old, the little one is now two years old and about twice the size in the picture. Still smaller than the big fluff though.

user posted image

The big black fluff is Sebastian, and the little tabby baby is Juniper

Edited by Cecona

user posted imageuser posted image

^ My cat Hazel as a super cute, fluffy kitten!

user posted image

Hazel now smile.gif 5 years on

She's happy and an excellent hunter - she brings us many 'presents'...

But she also loves cuddles and will always come if you call her name smile.gif

All you guys' pets are wonderful and I love them all wub.gif

Here is another one of mine:

user posted image

This picture is weirdly big but.. oh well.

His name is Loki. This picker is from early on because, despite my obsessively ideal tank conditions, he compulsively bites off his tail,

so he isn't as pretty as when I got him from his breeder.

All you guys' pets are wonderful and I love them all wub.gif

Here is another one of mine:

user posted image

This picture is weirdly big but.. oh well.

His name is Loki. This picker is from early on because, despite my obsessively ideal tank conditions, he compulsively bites off his tail,

so he isn't as pretty as when I got him from his breeder.

Neat! I used to have fish as well but had to give them up when I moved from one state to another; we didn't want to put them through that kind of trauma. I wonder why he picks at his tail though, maybe he thinks it's another fish lol

Ok, here are a large number of pets:

user posted image

This is Romeo, he is a very sweet cat, loves everyone. He drools when he is happy though. He is a cat that appeared at our farm one day with his brother. He was always very sweet, so we were able to catch and get him fixed. We were never able to catch his brother(he busted out of the live trap) and he one day just disappeared.

user posted image

This is Oliver. Yes, she is fat, she is currently on a diet. She was originally my brother's cat, but he wasn't really supposed to have pets in that house so when something went wrong in the house she passed to me and never went back.

user posted image

This is a feral cat that decided to stick around at the Farm(not our main house). I named him Will Feral. We managed to catch him and get him fixed as well as his shots. He is incredibly sweet with Mom, though he won't let anyone he isn't familiar with get near him.

user posted image

This is Blue, he is a Missouri Foxtrotter.

user posted image

This is Magnum, a Quarterhorse. He is a rescue horse, we got him from a lady who had put him in a pasture she thought was full of stuff to eat. It wasn't. She then got badly hurt in a car wreck and couldn't care for him, so he lost a ton of weight. We have since been able to bulk him back up.

user posted image

This is Pip. She is about six months old now. She is a rat terrier mix. Will Feral and her are great friends, they play together and just seem to enjoy each other's company. We all love her.

She is also a rescue. Her mother was dumped and had puppies under a friend's shed. She was able to catch the puppies, and Pip is one of them. Eventually she was able to catch the mom as well to get her fixed.

This is a picture from the first day we got her:

user posted image

Edited by Nectaris

I currently have 5 dogs and 7 cats, so as much as I would love to throw pictures of all of them around, I'll refrain and just post some of my favorite pictures.

user posted image

^This is Riley. She is a Border Collie mix.

user posted image

^This is Koby. He is an Aussie/Collie mix. Both he and Riley are retired Rally dogs.

user posted image

^This is Sammy (and a bonus Koby in the back). She really likes ball.

user posted image

^This is Kasey. He is sassy.

user posted image

^This was a cold day.

user posted image

^And this is a cat mafia.

YESSS.

They are so adorable posing together! Wonder how it even happened...

There may or may not be a chicken dinner happening slightly out of frame.

Pets! Awww they are all so adorable! And I'm very jealous of those of you who have horses, I love horses!

Here are my babies, click for bigger pics!

user posted image

My cat Eevie and my chihuahua Hippie

user posted image

And this is Tasha, my special baby who died last year, who I love and miss very very much

user posted image

user posted image

Awww. Everyone's pets are so cute!

I only have one cat. Her name is Bici and she's a rescue cat. We found her abandoned in the street no more than one month old, her eyes shut tight because of an infection. We took her to the vet and he gave us some things to put in her eyes. A few days later she opened her beautiful eyes :3

Anyway here's a pic of Bici:

user posted image

Oh my goodness, such pretty fur(and furless)babies all around! I don't currently have any pets living with me (except my s.o.), but my two cats and fish tank are living at my parents place.

user posted image

Here is Frodo, he's the thicker, fluffier and lazier one (and technically my sister's)

user posted image

And here is Birk, he's lean, mean and loves nothing more than hanging out with people. He's had a bit of health problems lately, but he's feeling a lot better already! They're both 14 years old, and they're brothers from the same litter. They're the sweetest kitties ever and I love them so much.

I couldn't find a new picture of my fish tank for this occasion, but I'll post it later!

I only have one fuzzy butthead to my name, even though I live in a house of three.

user posted image

This is my bab; her name is Dahlia Gillespie and she will be 8 this year. She's a Russian Blue-Siamese, so she is the loudest, clingiest, pickiest creature alive. But I love her to death because she is so snuggly and has the deepest loudest purr in the world. Also loves to give baths, usually while purring and I'm trying to sleep.

We went through a horrendous abusive relationship together, so she's very mom-oriented. Can't go anywhere in the house without her following and asking in true Siamese vocabulary what I'm doing and why my lap isn't available.

Edited by Anthropophagist

Everyone's pets are so cute wub.gif

I currently have one cat called Ginger - he's almost 17 years old and I've had him since he was a small kitten. He likes tummy rubs and to scream.

user posted image

Everyone's pets are so cute  wub.gif

I currently have one cat called Ginger - he's almost 17 years old and I've had him since he was a small kitten. He likes tummy rubs and to scream.

user posted image

Aww what a sweet little kitty face. And he's 17? Wow that's pretty impressive. My oldest cat lived to be 13.

Edited by Cecona

This is Chevy (yes, like the company; my dad has a thing for cars and he was sort of a birthday present). He's turning 7 shortly after Christmas.

user posted image

And this is Joey, my 10 year old tabby. He's the laziest cat I've ever met, but he loves to "talk" anywhere between 1 and 5 AM.

user posted image

Here they are, taking a nap on my sister's bed.

user posted image

Edited by The Dragoness

Aww what a sweet little kitty face. And he's 17? Wow that's pretty impressive. My oldest cat lived to be 13.

He's turning 17 in June, so pretty close biggrin.gif He's got some minor arthritis in his back legs so he's a bit stiff getting up after sleeping for a long time, but he still acts like he did when he was 10 years younger. He used to have a brother called Marmalade, who unfortunately passed away at age 13 from an illness sad.gif

This is Marmalade:

user posted image

He's turning 17 in June, so pretty close biggrin.gif He's got some minor arthritis in his back legs so he's a bit stiff getting up after sleeping for a long time, but he still acts like he did when he was 10 years younger. He used to have a brother called Marmalade, who unfortunately passed away at age 13 from an illness sad.gif

This is Marmalade:

user posted image

Aww how cute, sorry for your loss. My one 13 year old was put down because he had kidney failure, and my other 13 year old died from complications with diabetes- I think anyway, though his levels were normal when checked and he got his insulin twice a day like clockwork. I'll be posting some pictures of pets that have passed on when I get them together.

Edited by Cecona

Aww how cute, sorry for your loss. My one 13 year old was put down because he had kidney failure, and my other 13 year old died from complications with diabetes- I think anyway, though his levels were normal when checked and he got his insulin twice a day like clockwork. I'll be posting some pictures of pets that have passed on when I get them together.

Thank you biggrin.gif He had a good life though! I'm sorry for your loss too - kidney failure does often seem to get cats sad.gif Diabetes is a tough one to treat in many animals.. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos smile.gif

Tomo, our dog and E.T our cat - One pic of Tomo now and when he was a puppy, we have only had E.T for about a year now, but she's been with this family her whole life happy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image