Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Keen-

New, and lost!

Hello all, I am new. I have collected 4 eggs from the Abandoned Pile, but now I do not know what to do. There is a note on their pages that they will die in 4 days. Help?

Hello and welcome! To get your dragons to hatch and grow up you should add them to fansites. Fansites get your dragons the views they need to hatch and grow up; clicks are nice to have, and are worth a lot of views, but it's possible for dragons to grow up with zero clicks. Since you're accepting aid I added your dragons to the four fansites I use, Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's Lair, and Valley Sherwood. Those will be all you need, they'll hatch with no issue.

Since you're new to the game I would recommend requesting a mentor in The Mentoring Project. Mentors are here to answer any questions you have about the game and forum, and we can teach you how to raise your dragons. I'm a mentor myself, so please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Have fun!

Hullo and Welcome to DC!!

Your dragon would be fine ^-^ Add them to some hatcheries, which you can find on this wiki page. Personally I find all the free to use ones helpful. Be careful not to add your dragons to too many hatcheries, especially when they're first laid/caught - it's easy to make them sick that way. But since you said you only have eggs from AP, you should be fine whatever you do^-^

(whispering: you can actually click your own dragon haha, most of the time it works. When it doesn't work for me, I would go to AoND, add my scroll and click the dragon again from the detail session. That should guarantee at least your own click since each person can only click once)

Have fun and hope this is helpful happy.gif

Welcome to DC!

I hope you enjoy the forums. There's a lot of great things here, like the Common Collector's Competition, where you can be given rares just for raising commons. Might be a good opportunity for you. Or you can request useful BSA dragons in the BSA Gifters thread. ^^

I will copy'pasta my explanation from the unofficial tumblr here for you:

DragCave is an adoptables site where you can grab dragon eggs (and a few random non-dragons) to raise. If you grab an egg from the main cave, you have 7 days to gain enough views, unique views, and clicks to hatch the egg. Clicks are not necessary to raise a dragon but they help eggs crack faster, they help hatchlings mature (or gender) faster, and the more clicks you have, the less views and unique views you have. Along the same lines, the more unique views you have, the less views you’ll need, but all stats work together to help your dragon survive. You know your egg is getting ready to hatch when it begins cracking. When the egg has a big hole in it, that is the final cracking stage.

An egg can hatch once it reaches 4 days or less left (although it can start cracking before this). It is best to leave eggs alone for the first 12 - 24 hours they are alive, as gaining too many views too quickly when an egg is too young can result in a sick dragon. If your dragon becomes sick, go to actions -> hide to fog the dragon. You should keep the egg fogged for 6 - 24 hours after it is better so it does not become sick again right away.

Hatchlings work in much the same way as eggs. You have 7 days to raise them by getting them enough stats. You know your hatchling is on the right track when it genders or matures - it will grow wings or grow bigger or etc. Once a hatchling has 4 days or less left, it can grow into an adult.

Dragons do not grow up automatically after their 7 day period. If they have not gained enough views and other stats, they will die.

Dragons grabbed from the abandoned page (AP) may have less than 7 days left to survive.

Once your dragon has hit 4 days left or less, you can enter it into an emergency room in a fansite so that it can gain views more rapidly and hatch sooner. You can place your dragons into forums, fansites, or other sites you are a part of in order to gain views and unique views. Make sure you’ve posted the dragon’s image in order to get views! If you simply post a link to the /view/ page, the dragon will only gain clicks.

To protect from sickness, you cannot gain more views than you have unique views. As well, once you have reached a 15:1 views:unique views ratio, you will no longer to able to accumulate more views until you receive more unique views.

The DC forum has a list of active fansites here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=89465

The DC wiki has a list of fansites here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Click_Sites

Thank you, all of you! I appreciate the advice, and I will visit the links you provided ^-^

EDIT:

How many views and such does it take for an egg to hatch?

Thank you, all of you! I appreciate the advice, and I will visit the links you provided ^-^

EDIT:

How many views and such does it take for an egg to hatch?

It's different for each dragon and I don't think there's ever a fix amount. If this is helpful - my eggs mostly hatch (at 4 day) with unique views >400 but <500