scratcher_cat

Do you personify your dragons?

I've been thinking about what the player's in-game relationship with their dragons is like. Pets, friends, mentors, employees at the egg factory?

A few of my dragons have some goofy descriptions, I'm more of a daydreamer than a writer though.

Yes

My albino is the owner of my scroll

And more than half of my dragons are shopkeepers with Bolz being the owner of the shop

I have a storyline going with my dragons.

(there are some dragons that are not supposed to be in the storyline just for bsa and project purposes)

As for locations, they're scattered everywhere, and the shopkeepers live in one place.

Edited by Rainbowlight

As far as I'm concerned, I don't exist in the DC world, or at least have never met one of my own dragons.

The main part of my scroll from the first dragon to the last Stone is part of a setting designed to fit into canon Valkemare/DC lore. The dragons recorded are but a selection of what inhabit a designated territory south of the Jehumuh Desert.

I have a plot threaded throughout a number of descriptions - all aimed at pushing the PG13 boundary as far as it can go (I... like dark things) - that focuses on the dragons of the territory as they try to resume a normal life after a hugely destructive war. Most detail's noted down in my profile these days.

Then there are the Rampas. The Rampa Ember League. Seeing as they're a Mission: Impossible spoof and have access to Technology of the Future, I plant them in an entirely alternate universe.

I don't even know where I'm going, I guess they all live in the same area as each other, and I'm planning to have every dragon fit in. I make more descriptions off of existing ones. I have my april fools one that floats up, and I'm making dragons that release her into the sky a lot (it was stated that some dragons do that in her descrition). From that I made a dragon that tries to stop people from fighting, and a dragon that likes scaring other dragons. I haven't even submitted the descriptions for them yet, but I'm going to have a childish dragon that likes attention, among other things. I don't think I exist in that world really.

None of my dragons have in Valkemare description. But I plan to personify some of my dragons as furry.(Out of Valkemare)

Well, I know some people do gijinka (humanize) their DC dragons. But I can't draw human face well and I prefer furry.

But I won't submit furry version(Out of Valkemare) descriptions.

I may do personify in Valkemare version too. But I have no plan, ideas for now. I hope come up with something nice.

Art thread open or not?

Edited by kjym16

I just like to think that I exist in the DC world, but I am merely a humble servant, built to serve his mighty dragon masters whom he looks up to while admiring their shiny scales... tongue.gif

YES!!! Oh my gosh. Thank you so much for making this thread, I needed it.

[iNHALE]

I think of my scroll as a huge group of dragons that I've "adopted" over the years that visit me occasionally. For example, here's the description for my first Guardian of Nature (which at this moment in time has not been accepted yet):

As rumors spread of an amazing event that could occur if enough Legendary Trio dragons combined their powers, a human who had adopted and raised a few met with them every two weeks to attempt the feat. Years passed as each meeting ended in failure, though with the addition of two more of each breed to the group, their determination kept strengthening. And, finally on one fateful morning, a glowing blue egg appeared from the clearing smoke. Struck with surprise and uncertainty, none of the dragons volunteered to raise it, so the human herself took on the challenge. Inheriting the human's name, the resulting hatchling gendered female and soon grew too large and powerful to keep indoors. The dragons stood in awe at how their creation had grown and welcomed her to adulthood with a feast, where Purpzie spread her wisdom and displayed the fabulous powers she had acquired. The whole group unanimously declared her to be divine. Purpzie "blesses" any new egghatchling arrivals to the family.

There's also Zizindo, whose skills in egg and hatchling care are so great that I've appointed her to take care of any growing dragons on my scroll. Her description is already visible.

I think I've given the most personality to Gleam, though. He's been through two "girlfriends" before I finally acquired a true CB female Gold to be his mate.

There are a lot more interesting dragons on my scroll, but these are just a few examples.

I kind of look at my scroll as all the dragons that I've ever met. They don't all live together, nor would they want to, but I kind of check in on them? Some of my dragons don't really have stories, but some do: Like my Hellfire clan, who all take their names from an ancient history text (a novel I like). My Canopy clan contains two adults, a Queen and a King, who look after the many eternal hatchlings. All my Shimmerscales stay together, for the most part, and look after each other. My Royal Blues are often loners, but a few of them have mated for life and settled down near where I live.

I love thinking about this kind of stuff.

Years ago I used to, in a very casual way. I came up with some basic personalities and storylines for a few groups of dragons (like my Stripes, Pygmies, and Vampires) but it didn't get very far. Never bothered with descriptions because I found the strict rules too stifling.

I don't really bother with that anymore. My dragons are just little pieces of pixel art on a website. I've tried to come up with descriptions for a few special ones but there's just nothing there - no motivation or inspiration. Oh well. They'd probably be rejected anyways for not fitting site lore.

I used to. I have a bunch of dragons dedicated to my oc and real people I know. I don't do that for years anymore. I don't have any lore for my lair. Though, I'm tempted to start again.

I put myself as the owner of the scroll in the form of a human named Dino (although I might actually pick a dragon to name Dino and start calling them the scroll owner instead). I'm also working on lot of lore to connect my entire lair of dragons together, from a small organization of cave guardians called the "Spirit Guard" to connecting together by describing relationships between individual dragons. I want to keep my lair kind of small (As in I won't collect a bazillion of the same breed) because I want to put time into giving all of my dragons personalities and histories. And if I can't find a niche for a certain dragon, it goes.

I think that if I exist, I'm just observing the dragons. My scroll is a document of the ones I've come across, or something like that. The most I imagine interacting with them is tagging them for research purposes. xd.png

My scroll doesn't really have a storyline, it's just a mess of different dragons from different backgrounds doing their own things. Some have friends/families or are part of groups of various sizes, but there's no one dragon who knows every single other dragon on my scroll.

I also have a few I have trouble actually describing but I have a personality for them.

I´m trying to name and describe everyone in my cave but it´s hard tongue.gif I imagine my dragons living sort of in a net of caves within a cave, like a family in a house, but they can find place to be alone and hang with their own gang if they like. Idk.

Purpzie, I really like those descriptions smile.gif

solarflare3000, that's awesome! It could all connect into a great story.

I guess I would kind of compare it to Pokémon and the one's that are in my scroll, I've "caught". But like Pokémon, I don't have all of them with me at all times. They can go back to their cave, some might live together, some might live alone, in various places of the world. I keep travelling around, exploring this world and new dragons. "Catching" the dragons is just by raising and befriending them.

I started putting some ideas down on digital paper. Not as a description for one dragon, but more like one comprehensive story from the first dragon I got to the continuous adventures. Maybe there could be a place in RP for this, a sort of fanfic about your scroll written by one person?